British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Iow V Hackney & Return

After two Tuesdays without action at Smallbrook the Wightlink Islanders return to the track tomorrow at 7.30pm to do battle with the Hackney Hawks. And the two teams will meet in the return league match at the Arena-Essex raceway this Friday (8pm).

Gary Cottham debuts for the island side at reserve tomorrow but quite who partners him hasn't been revealed at this stage. The Hawks, who include ex-Island favourite Ben Hopwood in their side, are expected to be at full strength.

Good luck to the Hawks tonight, I take it Ben Morely is fit to race Bryn?

Is anyone going to the Hackney return match that would be able to text results to the updates site? If so please pm me here or there.

Thanks

MEETING POSTPONED - re-staging date July 8:

An early decision taken in view of horrendous weather forecast for SE England tomorrow and to prevent people travelling in vain.

Full details posted on: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

Edited by Bryn

Whilst I agree that's sensible, bearing in mind the forecast (which couldn't be clearer that it's gonna be awful...); I do wonder - as ever - what the chances are the sainted Met Office have got it wrong again... It rained shockingly today...: we await and see now if it is gonna do so tomorrow... :neutral:

Lokking forward to July 8 though! :approve:

Whilst I agree that's sensible, bearing in mind the forecast (which couldn't be clearer that it's gonna be awful...); I do wonder - as ever - what the chances are the sainted Met Office have got it wrong again... It rained shockingly today...: we await and see now if it is gonna do so tomorrow... :neutral:

Lokking forward to July 8 though! :approve:

Works for me, couldn't do Friday, but the 8th July looks much better :approve:

MEETING POSTPONED - re-staging date July 8:

An early decision taken in view of horrendous weather forecast for SE England tomorrow and to prevent people travelling in vain.

Full details posted on: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/

Not sure I think the right call was made to call this meeting off quite so early, where is the rain? Only had a shower here in Basildon, tut, tut tut or will the Lakeside shower have made the right call? :lol::lol:

Edited by Dave Stummings

Not sure I think the right call was made to call this meeting off quite so early, where is the rain? Only had a shower here in Basildon, tut, tut tut or will the Lakeside shower have made the right call? :lol::lol:

Oooh, far be it from me to defend the Met Office but can assure you in the 'Lakeside' part of Essex the weather is bloody awful and on this occasion the correct decision was made..

Flaming June...? I flaming don't think so!! :angry: