British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Young Stars V The Saints

The league-leading Jotun Paints Scunthorpe Saints travel to King’s Lynn tonight looking for a vital away victory that would propel them towards the league title playoffs. Despite having Greg Blair out injured and Paul Cooper unavailable due to work commitments the Saints do have Gary Irving, by some quirk of the averages, at reserve and have been able to book Hackney’s Barrie Evans as a guest. Promoter Rob Godfrey believes it will be one of the sides best chances of winning away.

“With four riders in the Premier League it is difficult to get all of them in the side at once and to have Gary Irving able to take seven rides if necessary is just a bonus. We have to look to win on Wednesday because you never know what side we will be able to put out for other away matches. I believe this side can give the club their third league title at this level but first we have to qualify for the playoffs by making the top four. That means picking points up away and Wednesday is a great opportunity. We’ve got four riders not only riding in the Premier League but doing well in their first full seasons. Gary Irving was in heat 15 for Workington on Saturday and now he’ll be in the National League reserves’ race. It doesn’t seem right but we’ve been told he is our reserve and I guess we are just benefiting from our youth development policy that has been in place since the Scorpions moved up to the Premier League”.

Where did screamer's post go :D Not having a go at Scunny at all by the way in any of my posts, or the Young Stars for that matter, I just think the rules could be a bit more development friendly. No disrespect at all to Barrie Evans who is an entertaining rider at this level but he's unlikely to go much further in the sport so it would surely be better to get Stefan in the side and put one of the Saint's PL contingent at number one. I very much hope that both Stefan and Adam Kirby get the four R/R rides each.

Totally agree, Baggy. It's totally ridiculous.

As is using a guest who must be well into his 30s by now when Scunthorpe/Sheffield have a number 8 (and a demoted number 8, who must surely be a number 9 by now!) able and willing to ride

And don't get me started on them using a reserve with a 9pt average!

I hope he isnt he was in my year a school :lol::lol:

Where did screamer's post go :D

Good question. Just come back onto this thread cause I realised I boobed with the Scunny team & MrM was obviously referring to Gary Irving & was going to apologies to him. No need now :lol:

Someone obviously wanting to save my embarrassment :rofl::cheers:

You going tonight mate? I might wander round and introduce myself if so :)

You going tonight mate? I might wander round and introduce myself if so :)

Weather pending. If it looks like a drop of rain will appear then I'll probably give it a miss and the predictions don't look good

Weather pending. If it looks like a drop of rain will appear then I'll probably give it a miss and the predictions don't look good

It's bit of a shame. I'd like to meet the infamous Screamer too! ;)

just checked KL weather on yahoo and the rain has disappeared and forecast is sunny/cloudy 19c so hope it stays that way :rolleyes:

infamous, hmmmmmmm didn't think I was that bad :lol:

You wont miss him in his distinguishable Stars race top. I only stand literally 10 feet from the man and Im still yet to introduce myself, it must be his imposing figure or the jealousy I have for his love for King Filip :rofl:

Totally agree, Baggy. It's totally ridiculous.

As is using a guest who must be well into his 30s by now when Scunthorpe/Sheffield have a number 8 (and a demoted number 8, who must surely be a number 9 by now!) able and willing to ride

And don't get me started on them using a reserve with a 9pt average!

For your information he is 27

The Stars shirt only comes out for the first team so just normal civvies tonight :t:

Awsome reult for Scunfield tonight. :cheers:

All those beatings away from home over the last couple of years are starting to bear fruit now :approve: .

Bravo. :party: