British Speedway Forum
PhilK

British U19 Championship - Rye House 23/07

Good luck to all the Heathens and former Heathens in the field, and there are quite a few!

I'd have to agree that Howarth, Garrity or Morris are the likely top three but I would keep an eye out for Hazelden too.

...think crump, tony rik and some others were slow burners at the start if memory serves me correct. go on shoot me down now

Okay. :lol::P

Crump got the British GP wild card at 19 and won his first three rides. He won his first GP at 20, though it did take him a while to put it all together and take the title (almost certainly because he was unfortunate to face TRick at his peak).

Rickardsson was already National Champion at 20 and won his first world title at 24.

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching NL racing and we've got some lads that are great value to watch and some will progress a fair bit over the next few years, but it is certainly true to say we've a long way behind some countries at the moment. Personally, while I understand the reasons, I think the restrictive pay structure in the NL does most of the riders no favours at that level. It must cost most of them more in petrol to get there than they can earn. How can these lads really compete if they're not really earning?!

...I don't think Rickardsson was NL level at 18 ;)

I don't think he was NL level at 12. :lol::P

i dont think hes nl level at 30 odd :lol::lol: only joking

sorry thought it said richardson :D

Edited by bruno

Kyle is certainly flying just now, scored his 1st PL max recently but I have a sneaky feeling for Garrity and I think Ashley Morris will also be in the mix

They seem the three favourites, but I'd not be surprised to see Joe Jacobs up there if he gates like he did in the recent KO Cup fixture at Rye!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I will do it if needed and sent a number on a pm

Well done Jas on being the new British U19 Champion! Good to see a Belle vue rider winning something:)

There was some good racing tonight, Garrity is certainly one heck of a talent. Personally I don't agree with the semi's and final system but that's speedway and I feel for Ben Morley as points wise, he was the best rider on the night. Pleasantly surprised at the standard of racing and also with James Sarjeant's performance in particular, made one cracking pass, fell whilst comfortably beating Morley in another race and maybe not getting a choice of gates in the final hampered him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Garrity, Sarjeant or Tom Perry in a Rye race-jacket in the future, that's for sure.

It was abetter meeting than I expected and a big well done to Jason Garrity. :approve:

Shame it took 3hours 20mins to run though :nono: – some people just had to leave before the end!

Get in Jason! :D

Well Done Jason Garrity and James Sargeantb oth products of the old Sheffield Training track.