British Speedway Forum

I would suggest that everyone boycotts buying tickets until BSI sort this farce out.

What farce? :rolleyes:

We got our stadium tickets no problem, same place as last year ( forgive a few rows, but better).. Booked the Hotel, no Problem from the online link..The same Hotel as of last year and this year. In fact, apart from an extra £1 on the meeting tickets, we've got the same deal ... :party:

Perfect transaction :approve:

And to think I only started to panic at about 3pm on the day this year I had no ticket :D

I've always bought mine on the day of the meeting.. Its not like you're trying to get Olympics tickets... Chill people!

You all have some access to an internet connection surely.. :shock:

Why did you need to phone them ???

This is the link that oldswindon' put up earlier..that's what I followed..

http://www.speedwaygp.com/event/speedwaygp-2012-cardiff

All done in less than five minutes! :approve:

Edit; to put in the link I forgot...lol :lol::oops:

Edited by Jacques

I cannot believe that people are complaining about having to travel from Dorset to Cardiff on a bank holiday weekend?? i recently got to Brisbane and back in a week, what a nation of wimps we have become.

same old speedway fans, only happy when they are moaning

I cannot believe that people are complaining about having to travel from Dorset to Cardiff on a bank holiday weekend?? i recently got to Brisbane and back in a week, what a nation of wimps we have become.

I'm not complaining..............I just said it was not the ideal choice of dates compared to previous years..........June is a better time of year to hold it in my opinion...........

Oh and I will be there...........the other half is going to treat me to a weekend there (I hope) for our anniversary..........

RP

What farce? :rolleyes:

We got our stadium tickets no problem, same place as last year ( forgive a few rows, but better).. Booked the Hotel, no Problem from the online link..The same Hotel as of last year and this year. In fact, apart from an extra £1 on the meeting tickets, we've got the same deal ... :party:

Perfect transaction :approve:

I have done exactly the same, boooked tickets online which took around 10 minutes, Row 1 upper tier just opposite to where we were this year which is fine.

The hotel that we have stayed in for last 3 years take provisional booking when we check out for following year. They rang me as soon as date announced to see if I wanted to confirm booking (which I obviously did!!!!) AND no increase in hotel price despite it being bank holiday - FANTASTIC!!

I'd rather take a few long distance plane trips, sipping a few beers and watching a few movies whilst looking forward to my holiday than sit in a car in a traffic jam on the motorway, but perhaps I'm strange like that!

People aren't complaining, just stating a fact. The date chosen seems strange for a number of reasons:

School holidays and people being on their annual holidays as a result

Bank holiday weekend

Bank holiday traffic

Football season having started

But, as another poster stated, BSI would have been aware of these issues and still chose the date they did. I suspect it may have been the only viable date that fitted in with the stadium's availablilty and the agreements they already have in place with other SGP venues.

I also think the gate will be down, but only time will tell. Perhaps having it during bank holiday weekend will be a masterstroke.

Edited by G the Bee

I'm not complaining..............I just said it was not the ideal choice of dates compared to previous years..........June is a better time of year to hold it in my opinion...........

Oh and I will be there...........the other half is going to treat me to a weekend there (I hope) for our anniversary..........

RP

They cannot have June next year but will almost certainly revert for the remainder of the five year contract...

I have done exactly the same, boooked tickets online which took around 10 minutes, Row 1 upper tier just opposite to where we were this year which is fine.

The hotel that we have stayed in for last 3 years take provisional booking when we check out for following year. They rang me as soon as date announced to see if I wanted to confirm booking (which I obviously did!!!!) AND no increase in hotel price despite it being bank holiday - FANTASTIC!!

May I please ask which hotel you have booked with as the one that we normally use have offered us nothing - so much for loyalty! Many thanks

OMG the moaning on here is dreadful :rolleyes: We've got the dates we have and work around it...or would you prefer no British Gp at all??

No panic by me as regards Stadium tickets...buy on day or nearer the time..don't think its a "sell out venue" for Speedway just yet! I wish we could fill it though would be AWESOME!!

Must admit just booked hotel though www.hilton.co.uk for Newport Hotel £99 room only+£38 breky+£8 to make fully refundable and no deposit taken+cancel upto 4pm day of arrival if wish to!....and those prices are for room 2 double beds suitable for 4 adults.(2ad+2ch bit cheaper) Its on J24 of M4 and go back to J31/32/33 for road into Cardiff on the day.

Other than drive you all there on the day....can't do any more for ya!!!!

Off to look up the ferry prices now :rofl:

Edited by emerald tyke

As someone who is spending a long w/e in Cardiff for the GP the dates don't really bother me. I can see how it would be a pain in the rear for those driving down on the day though being a bank holiday. As someone else said maybe it will go back to being in June next year.

PL Pairs could take a massive attendance hit unless still the night before

Well, got our 28 tickets no problem, despite a bit of a wait(30 mins) for the operator instead of talking to a machine. Tried the TicketMasters site but it would not give us the block we wanted(N2) and gave us N1 and back a row. Got N2 and row 3, so better seats by speaking to the operator.

Now for the rooms at the Uni.

No probs with the date or any other date. It is when it is, and you just need to plan ahead. Simples.

Edited by Tsunami

We bought our tickets today, right by the start line. :)

Accomodation for the four days proved a little bit more difficult though, several i rung were fully booked already. Mind you they were very close to stadium. Found somewhere now though - yipee !!

Can't believe how many people panic about getting tickets over a year before the event! :lol:

The date doesn't particularly bother me, nice to be on a Bank Holiday as I don't have to worry about being hungover for football the next day then!