British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

Crumpie doesnt live in Britain any more, so I wouldnt have thought it was him. Certainly not Greg Hancock, he would have helped you fill the car with petrol.

hasn't he still got a place in northampton then?

As far as i am concerned it was fantastic,great event,maybe the racing has been better in previous years but atmosphere amazing.i thought fanzone was good too and the band was actually pretty good as well.

Hancock deserved to win although i had money on Holder and Pedersen and my son had money on Emil.

I thought it was classic first bend bunching and Emil was unlucky.

hasn't he still got a place in northampton then?

Not sure where he was going but he was at MONMOUTH services at around 10.30

Well he should know better, as he has children himself.

I wonder how he would feel if a rider blanked his children. Shame on him!!!!!!

All other riders take note......Fans pay your wages....

Jason Crump.

Hero to zero.

It doesn't take much to be civil to the people who make you what you are. It's not as if you have people camping outside your home, paparazzi following you everywhere, news reporters in your face at every airport.

Speedway riders enjoy the ideal kind of fame, they can enjoy a normal lifestyle whilst still being idolised by thousands. Just a quick response to these kids would have made their day and put Crumpie in their hearts forever more. If he can't even do that he doesn't deserve to be called a hero.

Jason Crump.

Hero to zero.

It doesn't take much to be civil to the people who make you what you are. It's not as if you have people camping outside your home, paparazzi following you everywhere, news reporters in your face at every airport.

Speedway riders enjoy the ideal kind of fame, they can enjoy a normal lifestyle whilst still being idolised by thousands. Just a quick response to these kids would have made their day and put Crumpie in their hearts forever more. If he can't even do that he doesn't deserve to be called a hero.

I agree, IF the story is true...

the polish fans were not to blame for the brawl ,the british yobs were throwing beer over the poles for a few races ,yes the poles were noisey but were having harmless fun ,the shamefull british few were just looking for trouble

You were obviously not where I was, I saw perfectly innocent middle aged people being intimidated and antagonised to the point of having to continually move away from it, and not just once either, - not mentioning guilty nationality, but they were NOT British.

I also saw a lone Female Steward after the meeting trying to control absolute mayhem - looking at her face she had obviously been the victim of serious assault.

SHAMEFUL sign of the times.

CARDIFF - for all the great atmosphere and entertainment by the professionals on show - NOT AGAIN FOR ME IF THIS IS WHAT IT HAS COME TO.

You were obviously not where I was, I saw perfectly innocent middle aged people being intimidated and antagonised to the point of having to continually move away from it, and not just once either, - not mentioning guilty nationality, but they were NOT British.

I also saw a lone Female Steward after the meeting trying to control absolute mayhem - looking at her face she had obviously been the victim of serious assault.

SHAMEFUL sign of the times.

CARDIFF - for all the great atmosphere and entertainment by the professionals on show - NOT AGAIN FOR ME IF THIS IS WHAT IT HAS COME TO.

One very unfortunate incident in a history of a great event.

This can happen anywhere too, I've saw trouble at Halifax at one match in the early 80's, as a teenager, aged 14. It's a shame, as Cradley Heathens were a superb speedway team too, possibly the best I've seen.

I wouldn't let one incident mar my enjoyement of a regular thing like the GP.

Greg.

Edited by DukesGreg

Good grief, can't believe the amount of moaning on this thread. I'm going to buck the trend and say I enjoyed myself on Saturday. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Good grief, can't believe the amount of moaning on this thread. I'm going to buck the trend and say I enjoyed myself on Saturday. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Leave it out... I've already declared I had a ball!!! :wink:

All the best

Rob

Me too :approve:

Good to meet you again Rob and everyone else i met at the weekend,too many names to mention. :drink:

Jason Crump.

Hero to zero.

he has pretty much always been this way. cant stand the bloke meself. hope he retires soon B)

he has pretty much always been this way. cant stand the bloke meself. hope he retires soon B)

He has, always been an odd ball right from when he was 16 and has gotten worse with age.