British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

I'd have to argue that they spent far too much time telling us how bloody wonderful the covers were? It got so bad I'm begining to wonder if either or both have shares in a tarpaulin company!

Chris Louis must have missed out as he stated tracks sweat and they're a bad idea as we were all watching dust fly. The one time Chris Louis has an opinion he's made to look stupid by what we're watching on our screens!

Typical promoter rubbishing someone elses idea because they didn't cone up with it/ refuse to try it!

Good for you then. I pay good money to see a professionaly presented TV programme,not a pair of idiots shouting and repeating themselves!!

You're not the first to whine about the commentators. I don't pay for my internet to listen to idiots repeating themselves! Grrr! :lol:

Edited by TrueBee

Does anyone know if Mads K was on his own bike or was it borrowed from a team mate.In fact does anyone know it that was infact Mads himself out on track as he looked very stylist and in control!!!!!

Edited by speedy den boy

And the "official" site still shows :rofl:

RUSSIA

Federation: MFR 1. Roman Povazhny (Capt)

Team Manager: Andrey Savin 2. Artem Laguta

3. Emil Sayfutdinov

4. Renat Gafurov

5. Grigory Laguta

Only in speedway!

Regards. Alan.

Official website states that team = people who go by that, and not what is said on forums, buy tickets and attend meeting.

If they posted the real team they risk losing X amount of spectators.

Money must be made no matter how many fans you piss off :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Mads K was on his own bike or was it borrowed from a team mate.In fact does anyone know it that was infact Mads himself out on track as he looked very stylist and in control!!!!!

Yep having a great year in all leagues :)

Official website states that team = people who go by that, and not what is said on forums, buy tickets and attend meeting.

If they posted the real team they risk losing X amount of spectators.

Money must be made no matter how many fans you piss off :rolleyes:

It is actually fraud, but who is going to sue them? They will just say that they "overlooked" and "omitted to update" the information on the website. It will be fascinating to hear the "explanation" from Pearson and Tatum.

Regards. Alan.

It is actually fraud, but who is going to sue them? They will just say that they "overlooked" and "omitted to update" the information on the website. It will be fascinating to hear the "explanation" from Pearson and Tatum.

Regards. Alan.

OR maybe they are waiting foir the FIM to make it official ...

Like others, hugely disappointed by the calamities that have befallen the Russuan team but one question...

There's this revised line-up of four riders and a fifth place to be filled.

As there seems (and I've no idea why it's an issue - seems to me Russian sportsmen travelling here should be a totally straightforward matter...) to be this visa issue, surely the ONLY person who could fill that fifth spot is Sayfutdinov... So are we definitely facing the prospect of a one man short team in this most important of meetings..?

For the life of me I just can't fathom how a young rider like Sayfutdinov can opt out of this..

And certainly if he does he MUST be banned from the next meeting.

Like others, hugely disappointed by the calamities that have befallen the Russuan team but one question...

As there seems (and I've no idea why it's an issue - seems to me Russian sportsmen travelling here should be a totally straightforward matter...) to be this visa issue, surely the ONLY person who could fill that fifth spot is Sayfutdinov... So are we definitely facing the prospect of a one man short team in this most important of meetings..?

For the life of me I just can't fathom how a young rider like Sayfutdinov can opt out of this..

It is possible that Denis Gizatullin still holds a valid visa.

So you would be prepared to pay for all your own travel expenses, hotel costs etc.

I think GB's best hope tonight will be that Poland are instructed to ride for a position in the race-off, otherwise (as has been proved before) there will only be a small crowd at Gorzow on Thursday.

And if Australia really want to qualify for the Final, they cannot deliberately track a weak team (without Sully)again on Thursday.

So you would be prepared to pay for all your own travel expenses, hotel costs etc.

The ones making money out of the competition should pay surely?

The ones making money out of the competition should pay surely?

Yes. But the Russian Federation are expecting the Russian Clubs to pay for their riders to compete in the World Cup.

They haven't helped the Laguta brothers with their Visa's either saying that it is down to the riders to obtain them which would entail them giving up their passports for 6-8 weeks. Now you can see why Emil has a Polish passport.

There's clearly no excuse for Saifudinov to not ride. Not only is he sticking two fingers up at his own country and BSI but he is also doing it to every fan who turns up at Kings Lynn tonight expecting to see him ride. Totally unacceptable and a years ban from international speedway is the only way to deal with such riders. He has no excuse as he was in the country riding for Coventry. £30 of diesel should cover his travelling expenses. hasn't he got digs over here when riding for Coventry?

There's clearly no excuse for Saifudinov to not ride. Not only is he sticking two fingers up at his own country and BSI but he is also doing it to every fan who turns up at Kings Lynn tonight expecting to see him ride. Totally unacceptable and a years ban from international speedway is the only way to deal with such riders. He has no excuse as he was in the country riding for Coventry. £30 of diesel should cover his travelling expenses. hasn't he got digs over here when riding for Coventry?

So how do you suggest the Russian federation are disciplined then? As I understand it they received monies from the FIM but have not passed them on and expect anyone but themselves to pay expenses. I'd tell my employers where to stick it in those circumstances and see no reason to berate Sayfudinov for effectively doing the same thing.