British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

According to the official SGP/SWC site this morning it says Russia will only track FOUR riders.

On the team line-up page they now have

1. Roman Povazhny (Capt)

2. Sergey Darkin

3. lya Bondarenko

4. Renat Gafurov

Update

Yep thats the official line-up now and to quote the latest from the site;

Over the weekend the Russian federation (MFR) confirmed to the governing the body, the FIM, the following team for Event 2 of the 2011 FIM Speedway World Cup, that takes place on 11 July.

1. Roman Povazhny (Capt)

2. Sergey Darkin

3. Ilya Bondarenko

4. Renat Gafurov

5. -

New Team Manager: Romua Hetmanis

Edited by manchesterpaul

Its quite simple on how to deal with the russians, you ban them from the world cup for 3 years, take away the money the federation would get, and not allow them to stage a gp in russia for a long long while, cos 4 riders in a world cup event is bloody shambolic show.

Its quite simple on how to deal with the russians, you ban them from the world cup for 3 years, take away the money the federation would get, and not allow them to stage a gp in russia for a long long while, cos 4 riders in a world cup event is bloody shambolic show.

Yep I am told only four Russians at Kings Lynn for practice - what a shame as it could and should have a great 3 way tussle!

There's clearly no excuse for Saifudinov to not ride. Not only is he sticking two fingers up at his own country and BSI but he is also doing it to every fan who turns up at Kings Lynn tonight expecting to see him ride. Totally unacceptable and a years ban from international speedway is the only way to deal with such riders. He has no excuse as he was in the country riding for Coventry. £30 of diesel should cover his travelling expenses. hasn't he got digs over here when riding for Coventry?

Steve, You really are making yourself look stupid on here with your pathetic attempts at a wind-up.

Last rode for Coventry on the 6th July riding next on the 18th July. Why would he be in Britain.

Also why don't BSI pay the riders direct and not give any money to the Russian Federation.

Time to put you on ignore I think, as your posts have gone from being a good source for banter to just pathetic.

I sympathise with Sayfutdinov to be honest, he is sticking to his principles and isn't obliged to represent his country in the SWC. Like Richardson and Sullivan he has issues with his governing body and its those authorities that the FIM should punish if they can't field a full side or are keeping money that riders should be getting as expenses.

So you would be prepared to pay for all your own travel expenses, hotel costs etc.

Er, well I agree that either the Federation or even possibly the organisers should pay..

BUT in the absense of that, as one of the best riders in the world and the best his country has produced for decades, to represent his country in this event..? Yes, I DO think in those circumstances and remebering the sponsorship he has, he should be prepared if necessary to stump up for travel and hotel expenses...

I am a big fan of Sayfudinov but there can be absolutely nothing other said about his refusal to ride that it's a total disgrace...: and one he'll take a long time to live down,..

Clearly the young man needs far better people advising him..

Reading Chris Harris being interviwed in todays EDP it seems Scott Nicholls will not be going to either the race-off or indeed the final should Team GB quailify. Unless Middlo can talk him around.

Surely the "simple" solution is to pay the money directly to the riders rather than the federations?

Er, well I agree that either the Federation or even possibly the organisers should pay..

BUT in the absense of that, as one of the best riders in the world and the best his country has produced for decades, to represent his country in this event..? Yes, I DO think in those circumstances and remebering the sponsorship he has, he should be prepared if necessary to stump up for travel and hotel expenses...

I am a big fan of Sayfudinov but there can be absolutely nothing other said about his refusal to ride that it's a total disgrace...: and one he'll take a long time to live down,..

Clearly the young man needs far better people advising him..

Mark Loram

Tony Rickardsson

Greg Hancock

Jason Crump

Ryan Sullivan

Leigh Adams

Lee Richardson

Simon Stead

All riders who have turned down the chance of riding in the SWC (or would have done had they not been injured).

Just how is Sayfutdinov different? I'll tell you how, Emil is currently not being paid to ride in the GP's and would not be paid to ride in the SWC because the Russian authorities owe the FIM money, thus the FIM are not paying out any prize money to the Russians.

Your beef should be with the Russian authorites.

Why did nobody complain the Germans were missing their best rider on Saturday? :rolleyes:

Edited by SCB

Looking forward to later.

Hoping the showers forecast dont ruin things.

Only my 2nd trip to Lynn since Wolves were there in 96!

While representing your country in any sport is undoubtedly a privilege, it's certainly not an obligation. I can fully understand Emil (or anyone for that matter) refusing to ride if it's going to cost them money. After all, they are professional speedway riders, and if the money's not there why should they be?

Of course it's a shame for the fans, but the blame has to be placed on the correct person, and in this case it's not Emil Sayfutdinov. That said, I wouldn't neccesarily be averse to seeing him banned from riding in Britain until the end of the year :wink:

Mark Loram

Tony Rickardsson

Greg Hancock

Jason Crump

Ryan Sullivan

Leigh Adams

Lee Richardson

Simon Stead

All riders who have turned down the chance of riding in the SWC (or would have done had they not been injured).

A rather misleading list. Most of the above riders only missed riding in the SWC due to either injury or being retired from international speedway. How many of the above opted out of the World Cup when only 21 years old?

Sayfutdinov should be given no option but to ride tonight, or face a ban from the next Grand Prix. He's let down the fans.

All the best

Rob