British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

What time does the meeting start tonight?

Sky Sports 2 at 7pm.

Just how is Sayfutdinov different? I'll tell you how, Emil is currently not being paid to ride in the GP's and would not be paid to ride in the SWC because the Russian authorities owe the FIM money, thus the FIM are not paying out any prize money to the Russians.

So if Emil is not being paid to ride in the GPs, why is he taking part in them?

Perhaps personal glory is more important?

Summed up perfectly.

Makes no difference. This has absolutey nothing to do with either Poole or Coventry. If a rider is announced to ride for their country ( rather than in the case of Richardson and Team GB) then they should ride and the problem sorted out AFTER the meeting. Then, if funds are not forthcoming, announce they are not going to ride well before the next meeting.

The other Russians are riding. What makes Saifudinov different to the other guys who put their country further up the list? BSI should ban him from the remainder of the GP series IMO.

I am not 100% but I think that Emil has a Polish license and passport to fall back on, the others don't.

Of course it is! Do you go to work because of your love of the company or to pay your bills?

As for "the other Russians are riding" - 4 of them. Ate there only 7 Russians now? And maybe the 4 riding are being paid by their Russian clubs so dont have a problem?

Edited by SCB

I doubt it, I think they just scraped among the ones who could get to England easiest and were willing to ride.

I am not 100% but I think that Emil has a Polish license and passport to fall back on, the others don't.

So you are saying Saifudinov is a traitor to his country. Salt mines here he comes!

Surely the Russians should have been replaced by another country to at least guarantee 4 riders in every race - for instance I'm sure that 5 Americans could have been assembled to represent Team USA - they would probably have not scored many but at least there wouldn't have been a blank in their team.

I agree with your sentiment, but was just wondering about what a USA team would look like?

1. Greg Hancock

2. Ryan Fisher

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

Ate there only 7 Russians

:shock: Did you? Cannibalism is a bit much isn't it mate?

I agree with your sentiment, but was just wondering about what a USA team would look like?

1. Greg Hancock

2. Ryan Fisher

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

Ingalls, Wells and Burmeister would be better value, seeing as Hancock could also have the Joker and a replacement.

Easy one to forcast this world cup meeting -

1st Russia

2nd Czechs

3rd GB

4th Poland

Winner of the final -

Russia any takers :t:

Emil is clearly "doing a Holta" and this episode gives him the perfect excuse.

It seems that the Russian authorities have begun an investigation into this whole farce.

What is clear, though, is that a 5 man team would have appeared if this event was anywhere other than the UK.

They have confirmed that the normal process of expedited visa approval (5 to 15 days) for sports teams was refused them by the British Authorities. It seems that the period to go through the full approval process was suggested as being up to 3 months and would require the submission of the original passports of those seeking visas (again something not normally required).

If this IS the case then it's an absolute disgrace. There is no way that a football team would be treated in this fashion.

Surely the FIM have to take some action and if they can't get the UK authorities to ease their restrictions on speedway riders, then Britain should not be receiving any further FIM events.

C'mon the Czechs!

Show 'em how it's done Big Fil.

At least the riders all want to ride and appear to be proud to ride for their country. Team GB had riders who struggled to decide whether to ride because they couldn't have their own sponsors on racesuits, Russian's want to be paid and the Poles aren't always Poles at all

Oh the pride for riding for your country