British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

after the first practice session Nicholls & Barker were both changed and rode no more, yet the Poles used every minute, even having 4 of them on track at once .. and the difference tonight ........

Can't see Scott racing on thursday to be honest.

You could be right Coventry Bee

Team GB spearhead Scott Nicholls will ride in Norfolk tonight, but could be missing for Thursday’s race-off, should Middleditch’s men need it, and the final on Saturday – leaving the door ajar for Bridger to step in.

Taken from the Daily (Bournemouth) Echo Monday, 11th July

after the first practice session Nicholls & Barker were both changed and rode no more, yet the Poles used every minute, even having 4 of them on track at once .. and the difference tonight ........

So why didn't the all singing all dancing team manager deal with it?? :rolleyes:

So why didn't the all singing all dancing team manager deal with it?? :rolleyes:

I don't think we can read too much into that. The Poles were always stronger whether they did 2 laps or 70. Barker did a good job and Nicholls, well, I'm afraid he's no longer up to it. He could have ridden round in circles all through the night, it wouldn't have made much difference.

Edited by ImpartialOne

3 - Tai - Appalling first half performance. 1st fall not his fault in my opinion. 2nd definitely rider error on his behalf. Needs a much cooler head. I think so much has been made of his talent, it's gotten into his head. He's too young to deal with the pressure. In another 5 years, he could be an absolute class rider but he has a lot to learn in terms of riding tactically and being a sportsman. Do NOT touch the camera Tai. Ther's a good boy.

:rolleyes:

Not a fan of Tai then? Very poor report when all you can focus on is 2 bad races.. incidentally, 2 out of 6 isn't half, Tai won his 3rd ride.. was that appalling too?

Some folk on here just want to have a pop for anything. Good on him I say for showing some passion and some balls to have a go. So what if he got excluded in his 2nd ride, at least he was having a go to make the pass.

Just one more thing.. All this talk of Tai finishing behind Topinka to force a run-off between Czecho and Russia; wouldn't Russia have gone through without a run-off as they had 2 race wins to Czecho's 0?

Just got home and see now confirmed that Bridger replaces Scott Nicholls in Poland for family reasons

:rolleyes:

Not a fan of Tai then? Very poor report when all you can focus on is 2 bad races.. incidentally, 2 out of 6 isn't half, Tai won his 3rd ride.. was that appalling too?

Some folk on here just want to have a pop for anything. Good on him I say for showing some passion and some balls to have a go. So what if he got excluded in his 2nd ride, at least he was having a go to make the pass.

There's making a pass, then there's wiping out another rider. He did have a couple of good rides later on. The first exclusion was the referee being a pillock, the second was completely Tai's fault for riding the man, not the track. If that had been Nicki Pedersen, he'd have been pilloried on here. Tai's got fabulous talent, but he's still young and lacking maturity to deal with the bad things that happen. He was pissed off with the first heat so wanted to really stiff the opposition in the second ride and lost a possible heat win because he let his anger blind him. Given another two or three years, he could be really good, but he could also end up being another British no-hoper if he doesn't learn how to ride with intelligence rathat than just passion and skill. He's not a dirty rider by any means, but he can come across as petulant.

Yep, that's it then. If they had used all their practise time up, the Brtis would have won with ease.

Just one more thing.. All this talk of Tai finishing behind Topinka to force a run-off between Czecho and Russia; wouldn't Russia have gone through without a run-off as they had 2 race wins to Czecho's 0?

Run-off.

All the best

Rob

Overall I think TeamGB rode pretty well just throwing vital points away & poor team management in the first half of the meeting. If's & buts I know but we could have been much closer to the Poles in the end.

On to Thursday it looks to be no Scott so what will we look like

1, Harris

2, Kennett

3, Woffinden

4, Barker / Stead / King / Allen

5, Bridger

For the 4th spot I'd rather see Stead or King but will Middlo stay faithful to Barker?????

Yep, that's it then. If they had used all their practise time up, the Brtis would have won with ease.

Completely missing Steve's point...

Nope, you do what you have to win. If we could have got the Russians out of the race-off, it would have made things just a bit easier on Thursday.

All the best

Rob

Don't think it's such a bad thing having the Russians in the race-off as all 4 teams will be taking points off each other. Look at last night when we were needing a rider to come between a Pole and a Brit? No-one looked capable of doing it... Now on Thursday at least all 4 teams have this chance...

Overall I think TeamGB rode pretty well just throwing vital points away & poor team management in the first half of the meeting. If's & buts I know but we could have been much closer to the Poles in the end.

On to Thursday it looks to be no Scott so what will we look like

1, Harris

2, Kennett

3, Woffinden

4, Barker / Stead / King / Allen

5, Bridger

For the 4th spot I'd rather see Stead or King but will Middlo stay faithful to Barker?????

He will if he has any sense. Whatever Barker scores will be double what the other three would get.