British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Elitserien Round 10

regarding the tv meeting between Väservik and Vargarna,

Västervik is a good home team but Vargarna's form have improved lately however they're still weak at reserve and Västervik should be able to

get a decent points advantage in the reserve fight while Vargarna normally is stronger at the mainbody positions.

Personally i think that Västervik will win thanks to stronger reserves.

Annoyed at myself i didn't post this pre-meeting as i was intending to but i got sidetracked.

Whilst not having the confidence to challenge your superb knowledge of swedish speedway, i would have thought the reserve match up balances out as surely Kim Nilsson is a very good rider? I promise with all my heart i was intending to post that before he streaked away at the initial staging of the second heat.

Also, you do give Vargarna a fair chance in the match though? I think they do have a decent chance of putting up a very good battle indeed.

mp , i agree that Kim is a good rider, but kim+viktor vs. Pontus+okon = advantage Västervik in my opinion.

Vargarna has a good chance absolutely but i think Västervik will win. Especially if Viktor is unable to continue.

Edited by Ghostwalker

The next heat is possibly a key one and if the away team is to win, one would expect a heat win, if not hmmmmm they might struggle.

Edited by manchesterpaul

It's an absolute delight to see such a healthy attendance and, as the camera shots show, made up of all ages. Can you ever imagine taking a toddler in a push chair to a football match!. Old and very young all able to relax in a large crowd.

Hope it's a similar good summer for the sport all over Europe.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Great race from Bomber & Rico in heat 6. :)

Agree GW that Nicki could've helped his teammate, just left Richardson to it.

Edited by mikec

poor team riding by Lee and Nicki.

Poor riding from NIcki. He nearly put Lee in the fence

Tv commentator here in the UK saying their scorecard had Okoniewski penned in for heat 5 in blue. However, not according to my home made scorecard which, as per swedish tv captions had Aspgren riding.

I hope the british channel not going the way of Sky when it comes to not having correct line-ups and stats.

I'll go with the swedish tv graphics and my own scorecard for now and presume it was indeed Aspgren who rode. I hadn't taken notice of the rider number or his leathers.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Poor riding from NIcki. He nearly put Lee in the fence

Par for the course with Nicki P,he puts every rider into the fence,partner or not....

poor team riding by Lee and Nicki.

Nicki just can't go that slow, Rico is pony.

Tv commentator here in the UK saying their scorecard had Okoniewski penned in for heat 5 in blue. However, not according to my home made scorecard which, as per swedish tv captions had Aspgren riding.

I hope the british channel not going the way of Sky when it comes to not having correct line-ups and stats.

I'll go with the swedish tv graphics and my own scorecard for now and presume it was indeed Aspgren who rode. I hadn't taken notice of the rider number or his leathers.

Okom were supposed to have ridden in heat 5 but was replaced by Aspgren.

http://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/Speedway/CompetitionLiveResult.aspx?Branch=Speedway&Datefilter=Today&pagesize=6&CompetitionId=220

Just glad i was right and not seeing things lol.

By the way.......wow!...excellent link there Ghostwalker and with english subtitles :)

Maybe the site saw they were were getting lots of hits from the UK.

It's an absolute delight to see such a healthy attendance and, as the camera shots show, made up of all ages. Can you ever imagine taking a toddler in a push chair to a football match!. Old and very young all able to relax in a large crowd.

Hope it's a similar good summer for the sport all over Europe.

You are quite right. It is always something i notice about the crowds in Sweden and Poland.The families. Young kids and parents. Just don't see it to the same extent in Britain. I think the seating and facilities in the Polish stadiums may have something to do with enticing the women and children along. The Swedish stadiums are more rustic, but still plenty of seating, and of course here we have the picnic tables over by the gate. Both these leagues are obviously doing something right.

Regards. Alan.

Just glad i was right and not seeing things lol.

By the way.......wow!...excellent link there Ghostwalker and with english subtitles :)

Maybe the site saw they were were getting lots of hits from the UK.

i posted the links before ;) its the official federation updatesite. The system is designed to offer both Swedish and English commentary but usually the updater only writes in Swedish.