British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Elitserien Round 10

It's certainly been a nice little battle at times. As ever a pleasant way to spend the early part of a Tuesday evening.

I meant to 'Google Earth' the track at Vastervik as i think several of the swedish tracks are pretty much set in the middle of a forest (ok possibly a slight exaggeration) and i do marvel at the amount of spectators that make their way there. I would hazard a guess not much available in the way of public trasport to access some of the tracks. Despite that they have excellent crowds compared to the UK. Certainly makes for a scenic drive instead of concrete motorways to and from the tracks.

Whatever part of this vast globe you reside in have a good evening all, even if evening is a little way away for some of you.

Our friend Ghostwalker did a google earth map of all the Swedish tracks lit up in their locations. Perhaps he could be persuaded to post a link so everyone could see it. It was (is) an impressive piece of work. :t:

Regards. Alan.

Viktor has sustained a punctured lung and bruising and a suspected broken hand according Rob Godfery on the Scunthorpe Forum.

Viktor has sustained a punctured lung and bruising and a suspected broken hand according Rob Godfery on the Scunthorpe Forum.

Thanks for this. Not good, but could have been worse. It was a sick-making crash that churned my stomach.Makes you realise how these lads risk life and limb to entertain us. Get well soon Viktor.

Regards. Alan.

Regarding the tv meeting i notice that for Västervik Chris Harris is averaging under seven points a match. Are the swedish fans as voiciferous in their complaints if they think a rider is underperforming for their club?.

Or in this case is that sort of average acceptable to them from Chris Harris seeing that he has attained a similar one in the polish league and only in the british league is he some two points a meeting higher?.

Just highlights the difference in quality between our so called Elite League and Swedish & Polish Leagues.

@alan & m-paul see this thread for links to the tracks in google maps: speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58036

click tracknames for map link.

Hope viktor recovers fully and gets back to racing soon. I went to watch speedway when i visited stockholm in 2008, i presume it will have been hammarby's track. I wasn't a follower of speedway then unfortunately, i can't recall who was riding. I remember 1 thing, it was alot cheaper than the elite league!lol You had the choice to go in the main stand or watch outside with seating which was cheaper.

Just highlights the difference in quality between our so called Elite League and Swedish & Polish Leagues.

As mentioned elsewhere i've got all the leagues averages on a single page and if one whizzes across them, or uses ctrl+F and enter the riders name, you can very quickly see how in the vast majority of cases there is a clear pecking order in descending order of Polish Ekstraliga, Swedish Elit and UK's Elite. Riders tend to attain a higher average in the Elite by a distinctive margin with their polish and swedish figures being closer to each other. However, most achieve their lowest average in the hardest league the polish Ekstraliga. It's more noted outside of the out and out world class top riders.

@alan & m-paul see this thread for links to the tracks in google maps: speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58036

click tracknames for map link.

Thank you and even more appreciation and awe for the season preview. I was wondering where on earth was i when you penned the thread as i didn't remember it. However, just moving on to the second page i see i took part in the conversation lol....fortunately i'm not going extremely forgetful as i see that it was initiated in October of last year.

A truly excellent season preview and i'll be keeping an eye out for next season's one too.

Interesting to see that Västervik have a nature reserve nearby! Wish we had swedish planning officials in the UK we might get more tracks open :)

Edited by manchesterpaul

Thank you and even more appreciation and awe for the season preview. I was wondering where on earth was i when you penned the thread as i didn't remember it. However, just moving on to the second page i see i took part in the conversation lol....fortunately i'm not going extremely forgetful as i see that it was initiated in October of last year.

A truly excellent season preview and i'll be keeping an eye out for next season's one too.

Interesting to see that Västervik have a nature reserve nearby! Wish we had swedish planning officials in the UK we might get more tracks open :)

in Sweden i think all or at least many tracks are environmentally certified with strict rules on howto handle oil/methanol waste and etc, which also mean that

the tracks are equipped in such way that no oil and etc will find its way into the ground or the surrounding area.

regarding the preview the first pots aren't static as i always add more info as things develop.