British Speedway Forum

Thats because we stuck with the same team all year which was a mistake,coventry made wholesale changes,which won them the league.

Hans Andersen :rolleyes:

And if you had stuck with the same team, that would have been truly pathetic team management.

What was the excuse for the play-offs last year? Surely Mr Motivator and all round nice guy should have been able to get his guys to beat Coventry - who were the 2nd best team in the league by that point IMO. Rosco managed to somehow, convince the 2nd best team they could beat a team that were IMO head and shoulders above them.

Hans Andersen :rolleyes:

And if you had stuck with the same team, that would have been truly pathetic team management.

What was the excuse for the play-offs last year? Surely Mr Motivator and all round nice guy should have been able to get his guys to beat Coventry - who were the 2nd best team in the league by that point IMO. Rosco managed to somehow, convince the 2nd best team they could beat a team that were IMO head and shoulders above them.

Coventry were clearly the team in form going into the play offs,Poole had some riders off form,the worst of which was Mrozcka who should have been replaced before the play offs.I think we tried to keep the same team as they had all contributed throughout the year.

you have to look at the riders aswell every year we go to Poland and every year they look miles of the pace an no lessons seem to be learned about set ups and extra power, think ermelenko touched on this last night,if your going to shout yourself up like bridger make sure you have the tools to carry it out.

Nothing will be done by the BSPA as they are so full of self importance and whats best for themselves they will never get together and invest they will just keep hiring jonny foreigner that somone else has trained as thats an easier option

If the BSPA do nothing this winter, then it's up to us as Fans to make a point.

Seriously, we need to make a point. We need to hit them where it hurts in their pockets!

I would suggest a boycott of a shared event, so as to not affect one promotion.

Rob Lyon had a plan which would have put in place the tools for the job of nurturing british speedway talent but was lied to by the powers that be about their commitment to support for the plan.We have riders with the ability already in some cases but you need so much more now to reach the top.There is a gulf between us and the other top nations in preparation of body,mind and machinery and until we get that bit right we stand no chance on a team basis.Apart from people who are already speedway fans with big companies and Sky who sponsor in return for coverage rights I can think of no other main tier sponsors in british speedway and this illustrates the BSPA management committees apathy regards getting sponsors on board.Surely a large company somewhere could be found to sponsor team GB and youth developement?it seems to me that as long as Gospeed is getting a wedge there is no urgency to attract other companies and its time somebody else like Stuart Douglas at Lakeside was given the opportunity to sell speedway to sponsors.

I can't believe Middlo is getting stick for another shambolic SWC performance from the Brits!

Look at the riders he has to chose from! Apart from Harris, there is nobody to score good solid points!

Nicholls may be in poor form but on a bad day is still as good as your Bridgers, Steads, Kings, Allens, etc. He opted not to ride for his own reasons. Same as Richardson.

The problem with the Brits is way, way below SWC level. The developement of brits in this country is pathetic, compared to the four sides in the final. The majority of those riders have got to where they are from highly successful youth development structures in their own country. Britains is shambolic. The likes of wizzer mean well with brilliant ideas but its not down to him to invest his own money in it.

I support team gb and am gutted there out but I am a realist and not surprised, the 5 riders they tracked form a poor side. All middlo can do is give the team his advice and motivation.

Poole Speedway = a professionally run club, highly successful. Middlo has the tools to work with here and that is why he is a major success in dorset.

Team GB = a complete farce.

I completely agree with you here. What other options does Neil have in this situation, not many. His mistake of the Joker against Emil is one which shouldn't be made at World level. He knows that already, but he took the gamble, it didn't pay off, and in this particular instance he did indeed make the wrong decision on this tactic.

It's the easiest thing in the world to do, criticise, be rude, and come across as a complete fool for outrageous comments made by certain fans on here, which quite frankly lets this forum down at times with regards to lack of moderating, with wild insults which only make this site the laughing stock and not Team GB.

The buck stops firmly with BSPA plain and simple. Until the necessary plans are put into place, and implimented, to ensure British riders are indeed coming through along with the likes of the Poles, Danes and Swedes, then the whole GB programme will stand still due to lack of committment from the BSPA.

easy to criticise after the event. A few people said Barker was a stupid move; they've all gone quiet now. Had Barker struggled and Bridger scored 7 you would no doubt be slating Barker's inclusion. Maybe you should take Middlo's job and we can all laugh at you next year.

Yes I agree its easy to criticise after the event but having said that, the team Middleditch picked had no hope of success in my opinion and so it proved. Nicholls is not the rider he was and his replacement!!! well its all been said. Believe me ImpartialOne Im certainly not laughing at Britains demise in speedway, its very very sad indeed. But Rob Lyon had a plan of using young riders over a period of time to bring them on at international level, whereas Middleditch just picks the same old same old with no plans for the future. Im my humble opinion if Middleditch stays as team manager nothing will change and GB will never win anything. Alan Rossiter is the man for me with drive and enthusiasm, Ive always got time for the best team manager in British speedway.

Yes I agree its easy to criticise after the event but having said that, the team Middleditch picked had no hope of success in my opinion and so it proved. Nicholls is not the rider he was and his replacement!!! well its all been said. Believe me ImpartialOne Im certainly not laughing at Britains demise in speedway, its very very sad indeed. But Rob Lyon had a plan of using young riders over a period of time to bring them on at international level, whereas Middleditch just picks the same old same old with no plans for the future. Im my humble opinion if Middleditch stays as team manager nothing will change and GB will never win anything. Alan Rossiter is the man for me with drive and enthusiasm, Ive always got time for the best team manager in British speedway.

Aljack, Do you think Jose Mourinho could take Wales/Ireland/Scotland to a Football world cup final? We've got no riders good enough to get into the GP qualifier, we've got no riders good enough to get into the world U21 final, we dont even bother sending a team to the world U21 team event. Yet some people think it's the managers fault, unbelievable!!! We are light years behind the big 4 that rode last night, and looking into the future, we can only get worse, there's little or no talent coming through. Aljack, take a look at who has been nominated for the wildcard at the U21 final at Poole, yes, your favourite rider, a Premier league reserve with a 4pt average. Yet plonkers like you still think a change of manager could change things, get real!!!!

Aljack, Do you think Jose Mourinho could take Wales/Ireland/Scotland to a Football world cup final? We've got no riders good enough to get into the GP qualifier, we've got no riders good enough to get into the world U21 final, we dont even bother sending a team to the world U21 team event. Yet some people think it's the managers fault, unbelievable!!! We are light years behind the big 4 that rode last night, and looking into the future, we can only get worse, there's little or no talent coming through. Aljack, take a look at who has been nominated for the wildcard at the U21 final at Poole, yes, your favourite rider, a Premier league reserve with a 4pt average. Yet plonkers like you still think a change of manager could change things, get real!!!!

Good post Spanner,a lot of truth spoken there.

Aljack you can put Rosco or anyone else in for that matter,it wont make the slightest bit of difference because we are not going to win jack**** anytime soon.

Good post Spanner,a lot of truth spoken there.

Aljack you can put Rosco or anyone else in for that matter,it wont make the slightest bit of difference because we are not going to win jack**** anytime soon.

Yet some people think it's the managers fault, unbelievable!!!

No, some people think the team manager used the wrong tactics. Nobody has said it's Middlos fault we didn't win, I doubt anyone believed we could win. Making the final would have been a good performance. But Middlos decision to use Nicholls as a joker, in Nicholls own ride off gate 1 vs the World Champion, well...... What was he thinking? Everyone of the decisions was stupid.

The riders get slagged off if they can't ride the bikes/score the points, it's their job. But the manager gets slagged off if he gets his part of the job wrong (pick riders and tactics).

And that is because there us not a Team Manager or promoter that will put the needs of GB speedway above their own track

Middleditch had no chance but at the club he manages British riders get no opportunities

Rob Lyon was the previous Team Manager but at his club Lasse Bjerre and Tomas Topinka are the ones given the chance to double up

Rossiter wanted the job but he is now in the pits helping a Russian when it comes to GP's

I am NOT blaming these guys but it just shows that even those people who are, have been or wanted to be GB Team Manager are part of the problem within the clubs

The BSPA take a lot of stick, generally fairly but we should still not forget that we have riders who will not ride for their country, riders who were debating whether to ride because they could not sell their own spensorship for race suits etc etc. Yes they rode in the end but riding for your country should be a proud moment and for Ben Barker you could see it was and even Lewis Bridger despite not performing showed what it meant to him. The whole thing is a mess and Poland, Sweden and Denmark are where they are because they have a structure throughout the sport which is geared towards producing what is best for their country and not others

Australia are of course the luckiest, they have a superb development system which gives them every opportunity to progress their speedway and is helping them to become the force they are in world speedway...............................its called British Speedway. They have absolutely nothing in their own country to bring roders to the level they are at

If only British Speedway could support British riders as well as it does all these other countries. Its funny but British riders get no development help whatsoever from any of the countries.

Again no criticism of the Aussies et al, who can blame them for taking advantage of such a ridiculous situation

And my next hobby horse could be testimonials which seem to be handed out to overseas riders as well..........................the last GB rider to get a testimonial in any of these countries was ??????????????????

The whole structure is ridiculous in my opinion

What teams would you have put out then at:

Kings Lynn

Gorzow

Good post...sad to see the state of British speedway now compared to the 70s/80s, when England ruled the world with World beaters such as Collins, Ashby, Wilson, Betts, Louis, Simmons, Jessup, Morton, Lee, Davis. We haven't won it now since '89 at Bradford, with that team of Doncaster, Thorp, Tatum, Wiggy, Crossy.

Good post...sad to see the state of British speedway now compared to the 70s/80s, when England ruled the world with World beaters such as Collins, Ashby, Wilson, Betts, Louis, Simmons, Jessup, Morton, Lee, Davis. We haven't won it now since '89 at Bradford, with that team of Doncaster, Thorp, Tatum, Wiggy, Crossy.

and that was only because of the unfortunate injury to Gundersen and the deflated attitude of Nielsen

and that was only because of the unfortunate injury to Gundersen and the deflated attitude of Nielsen

Who scored 11 points. I've said it before, every team lost a key rider and every rider (and indeed every person there) was affected by Gundersen's crash. Someone had to win it and England did. They won it fair and square.

With the available riders team GB have I don't think a any team manager would make a difference, we are simply not good enough