British Speedway Forum
Silver Bee

World Superbikes

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

But Ducatis seem to get round bends very well too. Hopefully the racing line will be a bit wider them Sunday. It was a good track layout, but rather restricted by a narrow race line. Racing was good, especially in race3 despite narrow race line.

Ducati seemed to have improved their handling problems these days.That was always their weak point.

Absolutely scorching in Italy  for today's race track temp of 56 degrees 

• Like 1

Some cracking action this weekend in what must have been tough conditions 

Another great weekend of racing across all the different classes , with the weather definitely having a big effect on things 

10 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Another great weekend of racing across all the different classes , with the weather definitely having a big effect on things 

It was, great to see Bautista not having things his own way.

Bit of a surprise to hear the Rea to Yamaha rumours though.

• Like 2

What a superb WSBK race to end the season, these guys are amazing 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DSC67 said:

What a superb WSBK race to end the season, these guys are amazing 

I agree, that final race of the season was really good. Shame Rea slipped off, he so wanted a win on his last ride for Kawasaki. So did Toprak, last ride on a Yamaha, but he just took a little too much on that last bend and gave it to Bautista. Mind you, Bautista didn’t really to race that hard, he won the world championship on Saturday, so well done to him pushing all the way.

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I agree, that final race of the season was really good. Shame Rea slipped off, he so wanted a win on his last ride for Kawasaki. So did Toprak, last ride on a Yamaha, but he just took a little too much on that last bend and gave it to Bautista. Mind you, Bautista didn’t really to race that hard, he won the world championship on Saturday, so well done to him pushing all the way.

Yeah , I was a bit disappointed to see that, Alex Lowes had a very lucky escape I the sprint race , I don't think I've ever seen an incident like that before 

From reading brief report on yesterday MotoGP that was exciting too, Bagnia, Martin and Binder having a ding dong. Highlights on ITV4 tonight 8pm, channel 120 on my sky box.

• Like 1

Yep, MotoGP provided brilliant racing again. Binder really took the race to Martin throughout the race, with Bagnia seriously joining in a few laps from the end. Amazing battle. And Alex Marquez joining the party too, holding 3rd place until he slipped off. I wonder if Martin will be in the factory team next year.

Looks like we are in for a very exciting and competitive WSBK season with Toprak, Bulega, Lowes (Alex) Locatelli etc all capable of winning races. I hope Rea can get sorted on the Yamaha too! 

I watched all 3 WSBK races and the 2 SSP races, enjoyed every one of them. Not always been a fan of WSBK/SSP, but not able to watch MotoGP full meetings (not paying BT money) and Speedway GP not starting for some weeks yet I gave it a go. Wanted to see how Toprak did on the BMW, Rea on the Yamaha Sam Lowe moving over from Moto2, and how Bautista got on with 6.5kg weight penalty.  Plenty of excitement, surprised how last years SSP champion, Bulega, got on, and Alex Lowes performance now he doesn't have Toprak as teammate.  The whole track relaid and immediately the track record was broke virtually by all WSBK riders. Ianone, after being of competative racing for 4 years went extremely well.  There was an amazing pass by ALex Lowes did an amazing pass on the last lap of a race going round the outside of Bautista, very brave move. When Bautista gets rid of his neck injury from last year, and gets used to carrying an extra 6.5 kg penallty that will be good. Rea will sort his bike out, the other Yamahas were going ok, Toprak gets used to the BMW, Ianone gets fully race fit I think we in for a mighty fine season. Too early to prdict title winner but Bulega looks very promising. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I watched all 3 WSBK races and the 2 SSP races, enjoyed every one of them. Not always been a fan of WSBK/SSP, but not able to watch MotoGP full meetings (not paying BT money) and Speedway GP not starting for some weeks yet I gave it a go. Wanted to see how Toprak did on the BMW, Rea on the Yamaha Sam Lowe moving over from Moto2, and how Bautista got on with 6.5kg weight penalty.  Plenty of excitement, surprised how last years SSP champion, Bulega, got on, and Alex Lowes performance now he doesn't have Toprak as teammate.  The whole track relaid and immediately the track record was broke virtually by all WSBK riders. Ianone, after being of competative racing for 4 years went extremely well.  There was an amazing pass by ALex Lowes did an amazing pass on the last lap of a race going round the outside of Bautista, very brave move. When Bautista gets rid of his neck injury from last year, and gets used to carrying an extra 6.5 kg penallty that will be good. Rea will sort his bike out, the other Yamahas were going ok, Toprak gets used to the BMW, Ianone gets fully race fit I think we in for a mighty fine season. Too early to prdict title winner but Bulega looks very promising. 

Ditto. Exactly my thoughts too. I am more of a MotoGP guy but I went to see the winter test at Portimao in January and it has whet my appetite for this class again!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2024 at 10:43 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I watched all 3 WSBK races and the 2 SSP races, enjoyed every one of them. Not always been a fan of WSBK/SSP, but not able to watch MotoGP full meetings (not paying BT money) and Speedway GP not starting for some weeks yet I gave it a go. Wanted to see how Toprak did on the BMW, Rea on the Yamaha Sam Lowe moving over from Moto2, and how Bautista got on with 6.5kg weight penalty.  Plenty of excitement, surprised how last years SSP champion, Bulega, got on, and Alex Lowes performance now he doesn't have Toprak Rea as teammate.  The whole track relaid and immediately the track record was broke virtually by all WSBK riders. Ianone, after being of competative racing for 4 years went extremely well.  There was an amazing pass by ALex Lowes did an amazing pass on the last lap of a race going round the outside of Bautista, very brave move. When Bautista gets rid of his neck injury from last year, and gets used to carrying an extra 6.5 kg penallty that will be good. Rea will sort his bike out, the other Yamahas were going ok, Toprak gets used to the BMW, Ianone gets fully race fit I think we in for a mighty fine season. Too early to prdict title winner but Bulega looks very promising. 

edited for accuracy. :rolleyes: :t:

• Thanks 1

Fantastic Superbike race today 

• Like 3