British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Hackney Finished At Lakeside

Is there anything more boring than Parsloes rattling on about London boroughs?

True! LOL! But there is no doubt that Hackney is in London. Not Hertfordshire or Essex, definitely London. In any case, don't know why they bothered with the 'H' in Hackney, as it's always been known as Ackney. :shock:

I was born and breed in hackney,still live here and hackney is becoming a yuppie area so it is HACKNEY

We need a snooze smiley for such cases. :lol:

All the best

Rob

I was born and breed in hackney,still live here and hackney is becoming a yuppie area so it is HACKNEY

Oh ok...actually, it's 'born and bred'...and Hackney has a capital 'H', as it is a name....wouldn't want those yuppies to think you were illiterate!

Lots of ideas I believe where put forward to both the Rye House and the Lakeside promotions on how to spread the word of Hackney Speedway. Regrettably very few ideas if any were taken on board by either track. Who knows in Hackney, East London and North London that speedway even exists at both venues let alone a club called Hackney Speedway were actually back racing. Im led to believe there where people who where prepared to help in this venture, but Im told both clubs didnt want to know.

As for Parsleys comments on promoting the club, well I have to say neither have done that at all, apart from all the Hawks races at Arena were sponsored. Someone did there job there, coz they werent at Rye House for a Hackney match, maybe the first race was.

You only have to look at the awful website of Hackneys, utter crap. No information on it's past,updated when it's old news etc. This weekend the Hackney Carnival takes place. In years gone by, dear old Snowy Beattie would have the float organised complete with bikes and riders. What great publicity that would be, giving away free tickets for kids and spreading the word. Forget the fact Rye House do free kids or for a quid, yer man in the street of London dont know that! The whole idea of supporters clubs was for loyal fans to promote the club in the community, arrange, discos, end of season dinner dance/ presentation evening, coach travel etc. Len I know had a bad run in with the Supporters at Rye a few years back and not had one since, but they are there to help promote the team away from the track.

Plus look at all the Poles in London, they love there speedway, but for some reason none seem to become regular supporters of either clubs. Do they know about these clubs? Have either promotion tapped into these areas, local Polish radio and newspapers?

You have the Olympics coming up next year-could that be the reason why the Hawks where unclipped and allowed to fly this year- what another massive boost to speedway to give away free tickets to speedway at either Arena or Rye House at the 2012 Olympics. But times are hard, theres not enough £ notes to do everything we want to do. Look at Arena when it was a free for all against Poole a few years ago. It was packed to the rafters [except they havent any at Arena only in the cow shed] but obviously from a £ note point of view it didnt work. Its not been done again at Arena so it couldnt have worked for the speedway promotion. The only people who would gain at Arena would be the food outlets and bars and that awfully overpriced toyshop they call the trackshop old Uncle Alfi Weedon Est.1928 wouldnt be happy if he saw it now. At Rye that wouldnt quite be the case as we know bar and food outlets go into uncle Lennies pocket and it has far better trackshop run by Andy Pandy. But trackshops should sell Hackney stuff and neither do, do they? There isnt even a track shop when Hackney have a home meeting at Rye, think that says it all really.

This whole Hackney thing was done as a last minute.com thing and its fallen flat on its face. We all know Jon Cook was going to be running the Sittingbourne project but for some reason has fallen through. Will it ever happen? Im sure the Parsley feller who is he? - will be able to update us all.

Edited by Dave Stummings

Oh ok...actually, it's 'born and bred'...and Hackney has a capital 'H', as it is a name....wouldn't want those yuppies to think you were illiterate!

ok mr clever clogs

its a shame that hackney will not be running next year but i have put on the General Board about 2nd half events. Maybe hackney could make a comeback as 2nd half events. I know there is a Midlands League which I have just found out maybe there could be a Southern League for it. That way the hawks could still run. It something I think that should be looked into. I wouldn’t even mind contacting Mr Cook to see what he thinks. 2nd half events maybe the way forward. This way you do get your money for value.