British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Newport V Mildenhall Nl Sat Aug 6th At 7pm

That was a close meeting! Well done to kurtz definately improved loads, heeps a rider for the future cant believe hes only 15 :o

What happened with that fight? Hope everyone is ok

Heeps looked class tonight but at times a little wild ! Also needs to learn how to team ride, twice he almost wiped out his partner. Blackbird wasn't happy with his after heat 4.

Not sure why the Baseby brothers went after Matt Bates after heat 14 though, I didn't see anything wrong from where i was stood. Then everyone piled in and someone from Mildenhall decided to throw a helmet at one of the Newport mechanics!

Was Crazy.

I wouldn't expect a fifteen year old to know how to team ride! Kurtz looks like he has turned a corner this year, has started to put in some decent scores for the Wasps. Reckon he will blossom in 2012.

I wouldn't expect a fifteen year old to know how to team ride! Kurtz looks like he has turned a corner this year, has started to put in some decent scores for the Wasps. Reckon he will blossom in 2012.

Ye that's true, but in 2 of his races he steamed under his partner almost taking them off.

Not sure why the Baseby brothers went after Matt Bates after heat 14 though, I didn't see anything wrong from where i was stood. Then everyone piled in and someone from Mildenhall decided to throw a helmet at one of the Newport mechanics!

Was Crazy.

Disgraceful scenes, and disturbing to note how long it took to bring the situation under control. No-one seemed capable of doing so. A bad advert for Speedway in general, and for my own club's apparent inability to police a volatile situation. Added to which, the Ref was slow to get involved, as he was to use the red stop lights in two races! Shame it spoiled an otherwise good meeting.

Disgraceful scenes, and disturbing to note how long it took to bring the situation under control. No-one seemed capable of doing so. A bad advert for Speedway in general, and for my own club's apparent inability to police a volatile situation. Added to which, the Ref was slow to get involved, as he was to use the red stop lights in two races! Shame it spoiled an otherwise good meeting.

Disgraceful scenes my arse :rolleyes: speedway has had this since I`ve been going and that`s forty odd years :rolleyes:

Seen better meetings,but it is was okay,Kurtz head and shoulders above the rest of the riders.

Disgraceful scenes my arse :rolleyes: speedway has had this since I`ve been going and that`s forty odd years :rolleyes:

Seen better meetings,but it is was okay,Kurtz head and shoulders above the rest of the riders.

Sure it's always happened - I've seen it many times myself in my 40+ years of watching. What was worrying was how long it took to get it under control, with several officials and staff seeming to want to get in on the act. There was even a very public slanging match between a Newport official and a newspaperman in the stand. Not at all professional, and it doesn't paint the club in a very good light, especially when we're crying out for new fans.

Sure it's always happened - I've seen it many times myself in my 40+ years of watching. What was worrying was how long it took to get it under control, with several officials and staff seeming to want to get in on the act. There was even a very public slanging match between a Newport official and a newspaperman in the stand. Not at all professional, and it doesn't paint the club in a very good light, especially when we're crying out for new fans.

Wow,shock,horror,Newport Journalist doesn`t know what`s going on at Newport speedway.

Poor old Terry never going to get it right even with inside information :lol:

I`ve got a simple answer,put a boxing ring in the centre green....

Wow,shock,horror,Newport Journalist doesn`t know what`s going on at Newport speedway.

Poor old Terry never going to get it right even with inside information :lol:

I`ve got a simple answer,put a boxing ring in the centre green....

You probably wouldn't remember, being a young tacker, but Boxing was held pre-war at Somerton Park, with Welsh Champ George James successfully defending his title there on two occasions. I'm sure if Mainman was approached he could set up a couple of Heavyweight Clashes at Queensway Meadows; doubtless there'd be a few on the forum wanting to knock Wanna's block off. If it was Shadow Boxing we could see Wanna v Pinstripe, perhaps? :rofl:

Great to see Todd really kicking a few goals this season; he'll be looking at doubling up next year for sure. Jay looking solid middle-order as well. Might have been a different result if Cam hadn't withdrawn from the meeting after his Ht 11 Kummagutza; good to hear he's OK, although they do tend to bounce at that age.

Well done Todd :approve:

Feel sorry for the Fen Tigers who perhaps deserved more looking at updates.

Interesting performance from Heeps, undoubtedly hugely talented but up till his crash he only beat riders he's already better than.

For me question marks about how ready for PL he is remain.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Heeps looked class tonight but at times a little wild ! Also needs to learn how to team ride, twice he almost wiped out his partner. Blackbird wasn't happy with his after heat 4.

Was Crazy.

My understanding is that the junior racing in Australia is individual not team so Mildenahll is probably Heeps' first experience at team racing. Some of the EL riders need some coaching in team riding and they have been racing for years :rolleyes:

Interesting performance from Heeps, undoubtedly hugely talented but up till his crash he only beat riders he's already better than.

What a bizarre, and somewhat inept comment that is.

What a bizarre, and somewhat inept comment that is.

Thanks for taking the time to point it out. Perhaps not my best choice of words ever. I do apologise if its upset anyone.

All I ment was given his form thus far he has done brilliantly & clearly is talented & therefore I expected him to go to QM & realistically beat the riders he did.

Edited by shirlmeister general

My understanding is that the junior racing in Australia is individual not team so Mildenahll is probably Heeps' first experience at team racing. Some of the EL riders need some coaching in team riding and they have been racing for years :rolleyes:

In the Under-16s 125cc Team Championship at Sidewinders in January Cam represented WA along with Blake Russell; Cam scored 16 from six outings. Blake 6 + 4 from 6 and WA finished 3rd on 22 behind NSW1 and VIC1 on 23. NB scores were 3, 2, 1, 0 unlike the PL pairs. Jack Holder scored a max for NSW1 but his partner Ben Cook only managed 5 + 1 while Max Fricke scored 14 + 1 and Jack Fallon 9 + 4 for VIC1, but that's about the only meeting Downunder where Team Riding is promoted, apart from a few QLD v NSW fixtures.

Looking at those results it's easy to see that VIC1 were the best TEAM riding, although Jack won the race-off and title for NSW1 after Max suffered a Kummagutza.

Next year's Under 16 championships are being held at Kurri Kurri in conjunction with the Senior Solos - should be a ripper Speedweek, January 12th - 15th - Come On Down!

Without doubt Cameron Heeps withdrawing from meeting cost Mildenhall the win. Of course he is not good at team riding for gods sake he is only 15 years old and its all individual racing in Oz. But who is? watch elite league racing theres hardly any and they are supposed to be the top riders. Heeps not being good enough for premier league in 2012??? You must be joking he is a fantastic prospect and might well do a Darcy Ward before he did, who knows.