British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tarabanko

Team Em Semifinal 1, U19 Saturday 6 August 17.00, Smedstadion, Eskilstuna

Link to the stream Team U19 EM Semifinal 1 here it costs 30 SEK to see: https://account.paye...7124&lang=en-US

SWEDEN

DENMARK

GREAT BRITAIN

GERMANY

Sweden - Red

1. Jacob Thorsell

2. Victor Palovaara

3. Joel Larsson

4. Oliver Berntzon

17. Mathias Thörnblom

Team Manager: Mats Olsson/Per Jonsson

Denmark - Blue

5. Mikkel B Jensen

6. Nikolaj B Jacobsen

7. Mikkel Michelsen

8. Kenni Nissen

18. Kasper Lykke Nielsen

Team Manager: Thomas Schack

Great Britian - White

9. Ashley Morris

10. Tom Perry

11. Brendan Johnson

12. Joe Jacobs

19. Ritchie Franklin

Team Manager: Phil Morris/Niel Vatcher

Germany - Yellow

13. Kai Huckenbeck

14. Danny Massen

15. Michell Hofmann

16. Andre Mochner

Team Manager: Sönke Petersen

Spread the word, thanks

Having just seen the under 19's result in Sweden (Denmark 48, Sweden 41, Germany 18, GB 13.) the question must be asked. Where to now for British Speedway. If GB has to use National League riders (assuming they are the best available) then it does not say much for the future of British Speedway :sad:

hi star comet welcome to the real world mate,the darren and sharon boocock speedway scholarship runs a tour to

australia each year trying to help and bring on young british talant.in our stable over the last three years

have been riders like JOSH AUTY,KYLE NEWMAN AND KYLE HOWARTH.its fair to say these young riders have benefitted

from touring australia......go to www.ozbrit.com.

however we do it on our own,very little help from british speedway,infact we gain most of

our help from australian companies.

this forum in fact has made life hard ,its closed and locked my main thread which is used to promote

the scholarship..........im sorry to say mate even when british speedway gets help it kicks you in the guts.

im sure this topic will be locked after i vent my words.....well you do live in a country with no free speech dont you.

and im sure i will be black listed or what ever,buts heres the facts mate

in ten years you will have no british speedway riders,all the help goes to overseas riders

if you cant get help from the BRITISH SPEEDWAY FORUM WHAT CHANCE DO YOU HAVE.

its a crying shame mate because british speedway has some great talant in it......jason garrity,ashley morris,kyle howarth,

kyle newman.....just to name a few.......BUT WAKE UP YOU POMS THEY NEED YOUR HELP.

In australia we help all our juniors,not just the odd one.we put time and money into it as our talant pool

shows.great britain needs a dead set kick up the backside.

those young lads who rode for great britain did there best however its a shame they get very little help.

no wonder the crowds at british speedway tracks are so poor.only you the british paying public can change

the way things are run.As for the scholarship we will keep running without the help of the BSPA and alike.

if you want to catch up with riders picked and our programe of events it will be best to go to www.ozbrit.com

because all we get on this site is rules ,rules and more dam rules.

There are other riders that could have been picked (or I suspect more to the point willing to ride) - such as Garrity, Howarth and the Worralls, but they are not markedly better than the riders who did ride. Had they been there the result would have been just the same.

It is notable that the one British rider who looked competitive was Brendan Johnson. On current form he would not be most people's pick for the team, but his past experience on the continent has clearly left him better prepared than his team mates.

There are three basic problems:

1) speedway is now such a niche sport that the supply of youngsters wanting to try the sport is negligible

2) not enough access to tracks to practice on

3) cost

As for solutions it is going to be require lots of effort (and money) over a long time.

I fear we may be competing with Germany and the Ukraine in the World Cup qualifying rounds in a few years time. :(

Well said Marcus.

I'm not sure the BSPA are actually that keen on supporting our GB squads whatever their ages. I did hear a rumour a while ago that they are even considering pulling the senior squad out of the WTC next year!

Richard Franklin was one of the squad last night and unfortunately failed to score a point whereas here in the UK he is riding so well. Richard, as with the other boys had to find around £1,500 minimum to fund their trip. Which for young Under 19's is not easy!!!

The BSPA will give them each £250 AFTER the event but that's it.

What money goes into the BSPA on an annual basis - where does their money come from and then where does it go?

We have this discussion year in year out. We need a full and proper development scheme for the future of our sport.

where does the uk go now to start getting results. First i think we need to believe in our riders. I think we need to educate our riders on how proud it is to ride for you country and not just ride the bike, work with them and keep working with them. Not pick them every so often. Make tracks more open to them so they can practice more. Also look at what the top countries do like the Poland, Sweden, Denmark etc. i do know that they have apprenticeship in Denmark for young riders and there country get behind them. Maybe we can do something like that. The riders are good but just not fast enough. I think the big question is why is that. Its not like we are far behind.

Sandie you could well be right about the lack of interest from the BSPA; I know for a fact that the only reason Richard Franklin was able to go was because of donations...which I find shocking :(

Well said Marcus.

I'm not sure the BSPA are actually that keen on supporting our GB squads whatever their ages. I did hear a rumour a while ago that they are even considering pulling the senior squad out of the WTC next year!

Richard Franklin was one of the squad last night and unfortunately failed to score a point whereas here in the UK he is riding so well. Richard, as with the other boys had to find around £1,500 minimum to fund their trip. Which for young Under 19's is not easy!!!

What money goes into the BSPA on an annual basis - where does their money come from and then where does it go?

We have this discussion year in year out. We need a full and proper development scheme for the future of our sport.

There are other riders that could have been picked (or I suspect more to the point willing to ride) - such as Garrity, Howarth and the Worralls, but they are not markedly better than the riders who did ride. Had they been there the result would have been just the same.

It is notable that the one British rider who looked competitive was Brendan Johnson. On current form he would not be most people's pick for the team, but his past experience on the continent has clearly left him better prepared than his team mates.

There are three basic problems:

1) speedway is now such a niche sport that the supply of youngsters wanting to try the sport is negligible

2) not enough access to tracks to practice on

3) cost

As for solutions it is going to be require lots of effort (and money) over a long time.

I fear we may be competing with Germany and the Ukraine in the World Cup qualifying rounds in a few years time. :(

THEY WAS PICKED but couldn't aford to fund the trip and why should they it has cost near 2000 each to get there and ride in 1 meeting ! all i think thay was given is 2 tyres each off the BSPA

THE REST OF THE MONEY CAME OUT OF THERE OWN AND FANS POCKETS

just think what would happen if the football england under 19s had to fund there own trips ! and there on much more money than these young lads

we need to get on the bspa backs to get them off there 1960s seats and back to the real world

get behind and help british lads !!!

Well said Marcus.

well said you have it spot on where does the money go ?renting meeting rooms tea and cakes? they must fund these trips !! and do more to help the young riders from the ground level up !! and if the BSPA need help they should let the fans and clubs know and i'm sure we would back them

Where's the SKY deal money going?

Where's the shared meeting money going after hosting rights?

I've had with this sport, interest at 0.5

Where's the SKY deal money going?

Where's the shared meeting money going after hosting rights?

I've had with this sport, interest at 0.5

I suspect the money goes to promoters to bolster their losses. Without the shared events and the Sky deal the losses would be unsustainable for certain promotions I would have thought.

THEY WAS PICKED but couldn't aford to fund the trip and why should they it has cost near 2000 each to get there and ride in 1 meeting ! all i think thay was given is 2 tyres each off the BSPA

THE REST OF THE MONEY CAME OUT OF THERE OWN AND FANS POCKETS

just think what would happen if the football england under 19s had to fund there own trips ! and there on much more money than these young lads

we need to get on the bspa backs to get them off there 1960s seats and back to the real world

get behind and help british lads !!!

Think worralls are to old and edinburgh didn t want kyle to do it but yes jason said from the word go that he could afford it. I will say as I went on trip that even the track guys said that they need british speedway to bring kids through as it helps them and even a danish rider told team gb the set up just before the last round of rides, was also said that these tracks could be made avaiable to brits ( i know its a long way ) I think that track time and working with tuners or other top riders was the difference.

We all can see the problems and yes promotors need to help and bspa ( same thing really) but fans could help to by supporting it i know some do and really enjoy it but have to say nl crowds aren t good yet racing is good and u15 u18 now u19 and u21 events crowds are very poor and the host promoter can t afford to lose money all the time. Think something needs doing to the asset rules as once your owned by club x club y and z don t want you any where near there track but if you couldn t be asset til say 21 then clubs will still help.

Wait for me to get shot down know