British Speedway Forum

WHEN was the last time the Daily Mail carried a headlined speedway story, especially on a busy Monday with soccer, rugby, cricket and golf vying for space? No prizes as to what was the subject matter.

I dont know? was it about bringing back the birch, in british speedway?

Are you saying that is what has happened?

from the horses mouth, only

tampering was outer coating which he belied was sanctioned

from the horses mouth, only

tampering was outer coating which he belied was sanctioned

Surely Coventry wouldn't strip him of the captaincy if the only change he's made is aesthetic? Surely the other riders who are complaining about it (and intimating that it's widespread) wouldn't be doing so if there was no actual advantage being gained?

If it's true, then this is all a storm in a tea cup, but I think there has to be more to it than simly changing the coating of the silencer.

WHEN was the last time the Daily Mail carried a headlined speedway story, especially on a busy Monday with soccer, rugby, cricket and golf vying for space? No prizes as to what was the subject matter.

They are Probably reporting it because it is a British rider !

When was the last time they could report on some success by a British Rider !!!!!!!

Bomber at Cardiff would be my guess Philip. Long time ago

This is, to my knowledge, what's been happening. But I don't see how that is cheating if it is still within the 115db levels and has not been taken apart. It's only the same as tuning an engine with lighter flywheels, conrods, etc within the 500cc limit.

Yes it's gaining an advantage but that's what competition is all about.

I am glad you confirmed the first point because that is what I have been hearing but I didn't want to put it as a hard fact without first-hand knowledge of my own.

I can only guess at the broader point you raise. I imagine that once you start opening up baffles then their effectiveness in restraining the gas flow is reduced and the db level will go above 115. Maybe not enough above to make a noticeable difference to to noise but enough to get you to the front by bend 2. For all we know the factory test might could be a simple db test which shows the db level is higher than the prescribed limit, and higher than was the case when manufactured, thus showing something untoward has gone on.

We will just have to wait for the complete answer.

I think that since this is being called "Silencer-Gate", the less said the better. The vast majority of the people on this forum do not know what they are talking about and don't have a clue. Remember Silence is Golden!!

This is, to my knowledge, what's been happening. But I don't see how that is cheating if it is still within the 115db levels and has not been taken apart. It's only the same as tuning an engine with lighter flywheels, conrods, etc within the 500cc limit.

if you alter it in any way to improve performance it no longer becomes a homologated silencer

Extracts from the 2011 Speedway Regulations.

10.30 Only homologated Silencers (without modifications) are permitted. It is an offence to present a Motorcycle for examination with a modified Silencer.

10.31 The whole of the exhaust gases shall pass through the exhaust system that incorporates the Silencer, which must not be modified or tampered with in any way.

I am glad you confirmed the first point because that is what I have been hearing but I didn't want to put it as a hard fact without first-hand knowledge of my own.

It's not stopped you posting uniformed bollocks before.

We're all still waiting for an apology to Shamek Pawlicki for "looking guilty".

Edited by SCB

I would to see what Eddie himself has to say about this, maybe Nigel will get an interveiw tonight on SS2?

How? Unless Ed is in Wolverhampton...

Obviously an offence in itself. Right up there with "wearing a loud shirt in a built up area".:lol:

Were did that quote come from ? A few reading lessons would not go amiss on you part.

There is more to come on all this I can assure you . Be patient its not over yet.

Makes you wonder if this is why Eddie pulled out of the reserve gig at Cardiff...

He may have known that the bikes wouldve been under extra scrutiny at a GP and therefore he was more likely to be found out?

lol..

Thats quite funny.

but lets say you change to a titanium conrod , that can be considered tuning ,but titanium is banned in speedway so it would make the engine illegal just as if it were 600cc .the modification would be outside the rules

Edited by speedibee