British Speedway Forum

As with everything, even if Kennett was to be cleared of knowing of any wrong doing his integrity will now forever be questioned. Guilty until proven innocent & then still guilty.

Kennett is now an outcast. Riders on Twitter are seriously offended.

Makes you wonder if this is why Eddie pulled out of the reserve gig at Cardiff...

He may have known that the bikes wouldve been under extra scrutiny at a GP and therefore he was more likely to be found out?

Thats one hell of shout!! Could be!!

As with everything, even if Kennett was to be cleared of knowing of any wrong doing his integrity will now forever be questioned. Guilty until proven innocent & then still guilty.

Kennett is now an outcast. Riders on Twitter are seriously offended.

Pay no heed, who knows which of those riders that are 'seriously offended' were doing it themselves.

Fair enough. Was it really all down to the mechanic in the tool shed with a long drill bit? I guess we'll never know, but personally, I think the best course of action would be to allow the authorities to impose whatever sanctions they deem appropriate, and then when he's paid the price, let him go racing again.

I doubt very much whether Mr Kennett would be foolish enough to try a similar stunt again.

Edited by home straight

Fair enough. Was it really all down to the mechanic in the tool shed with a long drill bit? I guess we'll never know, but personally, I think the best course of action would be to allow the authorities to impose whatever sanctions they deem appropriate, and then when he's paid the price, let him go racing again.

I doubt very much whether Mr Kennett would be foolish enough to try a similar stunt again.

Agreed! I do sort of believe him but it is the most obvious excuse to come out with. Never going to know for sure if he's telling the truth or not, so how do you punish him? Has to be quite severe to stop other riders from doing it...

I bet The News of the World knew all about it. :unsure:

Surely no mechanic would do something illegal without the riders agreement.

I hope the club sack him.

Indeed after Eddie the one person who views would be interesting to hear from is the machine examiner.After all he had suspicions about Ryan and Shamek and they proved to be completely unfounded.What was it that raised suspicions in his mind,about these three bikes?Why Shamek and not Swiderski,why Ryan and not Morris for example?Do machine examiners take closer interest in away riders as they see home riders every week.It would be interesting to know who made the inital complaint,was it the machine examiner or Lakeside?After hearing local radio's interview with Eddie taken directly after the meeting,either he is a brilliant actor worthy of a Hollywood career,or he genuinely didn't think he had anything to fear.I'm also hearing a full apology may be forthcoming from the most unikely person possible. :wink::lol:

Aren't machine examiners employed by the home track?

The machine examination cases I mentioned earlier were away riders too. When's the last time a home rider was either accused of cheating in the way Jesper was at Poole or found to have an illegal machine?

Seems like an honest - on his part, at least - mistake, and I bet he'll be much more careful in future. Kennett is obviously well aware of the damage this has caused Coventry, Nick Morris, and himself, and I'd think that - plus the usual financial penalty - should be enough.

Surely no mechanic would do something illegal without the riders agreement.

I hope the club sack him.

definetly seems an `im innocent guv, i knew nothing about it`.

Despite the words of remorse - the buck falls with Kennett.

Seems like an honest - on his part, at least - mistake, and I bet he'll be much more careful in future. Kennett is obviously well aware of the damage this has caused Coventry, Nick Morris, and himself, and I'd think that - plus the usual financial penalty - should be enough.

It isn't enough! How is that going to deter other riders from doing it in the future? Maybe think about another rider doing it as I think if it wasn't a Bees rider, you would have a different view!

Were did that quote come from ? A few reading lessons would not go amiss on you part.

There is more to come on all this I can assure you . Be patient its not over yet.

What a pompous ass you are!

How you can suggest someone should take reading lessons after your post #300 is beyond belief.

Edited by 190557

So all riders can say honest Guv wasn't me , it was him with the spanner :mad: