British Speedway Forum

Neither has Kennett before the Lakeside meeting so how can you take his points away?

Quite right. He has no known previous so how can EK be charged with anything other than the Lakeside offense?

Does that mean that a looter found guilty of nicking a TV should have all the family possessions taken away because they MIGHT have been stolen as well? :rolleyes:

Hey Steve answer me this..?

Yes Kennett could have been using an illegal silencer before the Lakeside meeting, so your assuming he's used one before.

Darcy Ward has looked pretty quick this year, do we assume he's been using an illegal silencer too and strip all his points??

There is no proof of either situation, so no action can be taken!

No comparison. Ward has not been charged with using an illegal silencer. Pretty sure he would have been tested at Monmore on Monday after his max.

Ward is just a brilliant rider, who is getting better by the month. You can assume what you like but he hasn't been found to be using anything illegal.

Exactly - one is guilty the other is innocent.

As this rumbles on and on, I'm pleased that Davey Watt has called for complete transparancy over this issue, with every club ensuring that a system is in place for every silencer to be tested at every meeting!

As this rumbles on and on, I'm pleased that Davey Watt has called for complete transparancy over this issue, with every club ensuring that a system is in place for every silencer to be tested at every meeting!

Completely agree there needs to be standardised checks of equipment at all clubs to ensure that all is above board going forward.

Exactly - one is guilty the other is innocent.

Kennett is guilty of using an illegal silencer at one meeting. With no proof that he's used it before how can you even suggest other points be taken away??

If a murderer gets caught you charge him for that offense.. you don't say "he's been guilty of this murder so therefore he must of done it before, lets charge him of other murders"

Quite right. He has no known previous so how can EK be charged with anything other than the Lakeside offense?

Does that mean that a looter found guilty of nicking a TV should have all the family possessions taken away because they MIGHT have been stolen as well? :rolleyes:

The law is being changed so that looters lose their council house. Even though they might be right up to date with the rent. They might also lose all social benefits as well. That TV they nicked will be ab expensive one.

Kennett is guilty of using an illegal silencer at one meeting. With no proof that he's used it before how can you even suggest other points be taken away??

But there is a very big likelyhood that he has used it before the Lakeside meeting. Only Kennett knows nd he is not likely to go blabbing about when it started, unless there's an incentive for him to come clean with a reduced sentence and fine.

The problem is, that because he was caught using an illegal silencer, it brings into question every meeting that he rode in using the King silencer. All those points Coventry picked up with Eddie Kennett riding are tainted because there is a clear doubt that the points were scored fairly. There's no getting away from that. Coventry fans may argue that its a typical remark from me but I would say the same regardless of which rider and which team. And why I believe that all his points scored in 2011 should be expunged from the records and results adjusted accordingly.

Terribly unfortunate it's Eddie Kennett. I hope he comes back and stronger and better for it after servig his sentence. Easily my favourite British rider and one rider I always look to see what he has scored.

The fundamentalist zealots of the Wimborne Road Grandstand strike again. Fresh from lustily booing Chris Harris for the heinous crime of underperforming in an Aces race-jacket, therefore clearly manipulating his average the better to benefit the evil Bees for next season, they now want Kennett expunged from the season. Where will it end? Gordon Kennett stripped of his World Championship second in 1978? White City to lose their Championship pennant from the previous year, because of Uncle Gordon's murky links with the Weslake concern?

Surely Kennett was not acting alone? You trying to tell me his team mates and management didn't know? Ban them all, especially that Larsen one with the suspicious surname.

It is so good that one club and it's followers are standing firm against all the underhand practices prevalent in the Sport today.

Edited by salty

But there is a very big likelyhood that he has used it before the Lakeside meeting. Only Kennett knows nd he is not likely to go blabbing about when it started, unless there's an incentive for him to come clean with a reduced sentence and fine.

The problem is, that because he was caught using an illegal silencer, it brings into question every meeting that he rode in using the King silencer. All those points Coventry picked up with Eddie Kennett riding are tainted because there is a clear doubt that the points were scored fairly. There's no getting away from that. Coventry fans may argue that its a typical remark from me but I would say the same regardless of which rider and which team. And why I believe that all his points scored in 2011 should be expunged from the records and results adjusted accordingly.

Terribly unfortunate it's Eddie Kennett. I hope he comes back and stronger and better for it after servig his sentence. Easily my favourite British rider and one rider I always look to see what he has scored.

The problem is that most of the meetings ridden in Britain this season are probably tainted. I'd be surprised if there was a single team in the country without at least one rider that's tampered with a silencer.

Plenty of rumours about on Wednesday that Kennett's stable mates have all been on the fiddle, but there's simply no grounds for removing points based on assumptions and rumours.

The modification carried out on Eddie's silencer was such a pathetic attempt it was hardly worth doing as it does not improve the power, does not make the silencer flow any better and that is why it did not sound any louder.

That's my understanding of things as well. I suppose any advantage gained is in the mind of the rider. He's told if you do this to your silencer the bike will fly, So and so have done it and look at them go, so having done the deed he ups his game to prove that it works for him as well. I'll get me coat.

The law is being changed so that looters lose their council house. Even though they might be right up to date with the rent. They might also lose all social benefits as well. That TV they nicked will be ab expensive one.

Are there still such things as council houses around? I thought they'd been taken over by housing associations by now.

SHUT UP !

remind me again, how many points did chris holder score at wolves just after all this came out?, even the sky commentators mentioned that it was a bad meeting for him. Does that mean he was using one of the illegal silencers before that and should have his points stripped just in case???

Steve mate....get real....supposition doesn't work in law....you need factual evidence to even take anything into consideration, without that it would be inadmissable in any hearing no mater how small or big that hearing is within any judicial system.

remind me again, how many points did chris holder score at wolves just after all this came out?, even the sky commentators mentioned that it was a bad meeting for him. Does that mean he was using one of the illegal silencers before that and should have his points stripped just in case???

He wasn't slow (far from it), he just had a bad meeting. Holder won heat one in, from memory, a very fast time, the quickest of the night. He then had a third in a Poole 4-2. His two blanks were both first turn disqualifications, one for losing control and bringing down Karlsson, one for falling himself. To take a rider's one-off poor score and then extrapolate it into possible previous dodgy silencer use surely stretches the bounds of common sense.

But wait! Of course! Clearly he was still on a dodgy unit in heat one, heard the winning time and thought "Whoops, must lie low now! Two disqualifications should do it!" It all fits!