British Speedway Forum

A young man and talented rider has his life in turmoil at the moment -- we should be aware of how a lot of the comments made may have an effect on him. I hope he isn't reading the forum right now. I believe Edward has a good family and support behind him which I hope he takes comfort from. Edward appears to have a lot of integrity and is prepared to accept his punishment.

I look forward to seeing Edward ride again for a British team soon.

Why do so many people appear to be rubbing their hands over his mistake? :cry:

If you are reading the forum Edward --- chin up ---- you are thought a lot of.

Fliss 44 - I agree with you

Fliss 44 - I agree with you

If Eddie was to read this thread he'd realize there are many people who want to see him receive the minimum punishment and to be back riding asap. it's only the sad spiteful few who want to see his career destroyed.

Which begs the questions as to how Kennett got to ride the machine in the first place and why it took 5 of his rides and one by another rider before the bike was removed from the pits?

And, just to put Shovlar straight, it also points to the fact that this was the first time the silencer was used, otherwise one of the two ME's at his previous meetings would surely have noticed. No way could it have been used on 9th May because we all saw how astute Poole's ME is/are at noticing tampered-with machinery.

Before you out Shovlar straight it would be a good idea to put yourself straight. The facts have been made public in the Lakeside statement and it Speedway Star. It did not take five rides to be discovered and the bike was not removed from the pits. Try reading the information in the public domain before coming out with these silly comments.

Before you out Shovlar straight it would be a good idea to put yourself straight. The facts have been made public in the Lakeside statement and it Speedway Star. It did not take five rides to be discovered and the bike was not removed from the pits. Try reading the information in the public domain before coming out with these silly comments.

And?

I was replying to post #888 on this thread. My comments are pertinent to that post.

I was replying to post #888 on this thread. My comments are pertinent to that post.

It was made clear inn the Sky broadcast on Monday that the system of checking was changed as a result of the Kennett incident. At Wolves on Monday it was stated that two riders silencers in each team now have to be physically removed from the bike for checking at each meeting. At the time Eddie's silencer was checked it was not necessary to take the silencer off which made it almost impossible to check for a drilled out silencer. That in part is what Tsnami was referring to. If you read the information that has now been published by Lakeside and in |Speedway Star it is clear that it was the referee's decision not to stop the meeting when suspicions were first reported to him, halfway through the meeting, hence the bike remained in use until the end of the meeting.

Coventry issued a public statement thanking Lakeside for the professional job done by their M/E's and disassociating themselves from what Edward has done.

There is therefore no reason to suggest the machine examination process was faulty, and no grounds to support your claim that this was probably the first time this silencer had been used. We cannot say one way or the other, There will be no retrospective punishment and any punishment will obviously relate to this incident only. The rules are that any protest has to be made at the time otherwise it is too late, so to that extent it doesn't matter whether or not Ed used an illegal silencer at previous meetings, because nobody made a protest at the time. That's why its no good now for Shifty Jim Lynch to start saying he wants Kennets points in the BV meeting looked at, because if he thought there was anything wrong he should have put his money where his mouth was at the time. Its too late for him to start bringing it all up now.

The whole question of other meetings being taken into account in Ed's punishment is not even worth discussing because it aint gonna happen. Ed was caught red handed at Lakeside and that is the only offence that will be considered by the disciplinary hearing, nothing else.

:blink::blink:

They should check every silencer at every meeting. Claims it'd take too long is complete tosh. There are several pieces of equipment an examiner could use, an EDT box for example. It basically provides an x-ray photograph of a given component. Such a device is commonly used on things like commercial aircraft. There are other items too like a borroscope, again simple and quick enough to use. Two bikes for a every rider in a meeting with the two examples above could be done in 40mins easy.

Simple solution, the home club supply 14 silencers at each meeting, riders just pick one and that will stop all possible cheating.

The next thing will be engine sizes

The next thing will be engine sizes

well that should always have been an issue enough to always be on top of it..... there is too much scope there for foul play

Wonder what time Eddies disciplinary is, anybody know

Wonder what time Eddies disciplinary is, anybody know

2:30pm

2:30 according to Paul Burbidge on twitter yesterday. How long it will last is anybodys guess

A young man and talented rider has his life in turmoil at the moment -- we should be aware of how a lot of the comments made may have an effect on him. I hope he isn't reading the forum right now. I believe Edward has a good family and support behind him which I hope he takes comfort from. Edward appears to have a lot of integrity and is prepared to accept his punishment.

I look forward to seeing Edward ride again for a British team soon.

Why do so many people appear to be rubbing their hands over his mistake? :cry:

If you are reading the forum Edward --- chin up ---- you are thought a lot of.

I like Edward Kennett and would like to have seen him riding for Swindon this year.

However, I can't believe the reference to a mistake. What happened here (within the rules of speedway) is cheating - however much you want to sugar coat it!! I think sufficient punishment would be for him to be banned Europe wide until the end of the year - anything greater is unnecessary because he did own up and admit his "crime". Anything less would not be sufficient in my view

Edited by Steve0

I like Edward Kennett and would like to have seen him riding for Swindon this year.

However, I can't believe the reference to a mistake. What happened here (within the rules of speedway) is cheating - however much you want to sugar coat it!! I think sufficient punishment would be for him to be banned Europe wide until the end of the year - anything greater is unnecessary because he did own up and admit his "crime". Anything less would not be sufficient in my view

Quite agree. I think a ban for the rest of 2011, and a suspended ban for 2012 is about right and gives warnings to anybody else thinking of cheating in the future.

Quite agree. I think a ban for the rest of 2011, and a suspended ban for 2012 is about right and gives warnings to anybody else thinking of cheating in the future.

Sounds fair to me.