British Speedway Forum

Surely Steve's post is tongue in cheek? Why are people jumping out of their prams about it?

Eddie has been a silly boy, no doubt, but I can't help but feel that all the people calling for him to dragged through the streets naked and flogged are going over the top.

Same here mate, but as you say this is SS we're talking about, we shall see.

Nobody at Coventry has condoned Eddie's actions, let that be clear.

exactly the same...post is still there.

Wonder if anyone at the club has seen the remarks.

I feel sorry for Poole supporters that u have shovlar representing u on this forum because of his narrow minded views Poole speedway as a club comes across badly. Don't get me wrong most Poole supporters I have spoke to are spot on people but if any off u Poole supporters know steve personally maybe u should tell him he comes across as a 24 carat PRATT on this forum

Edited by crawleyeagle

Oh for gods sake I post a windup and the forum goes into hyperdrive.

Someone posted that it must be like a birthday and christmas rolled into one. No it's not because I actually like Eddie Kennett and think it's a real shame its him that has been caught. Would have been far better for it to have been one of the Poles/foriengers to be honest.

Either way it's a Coventry rider who cheated, and that brings disrepute on that club. Perhaps I was a little over the top in my post and for that I apologise but at the end of the day club rivalries make it funny that Coventry are the ones who have been caught out.

As for Eddie Kennett, as Nicholls has mentioned, there could be other riders who were also using illegal silencers and I am sure by now those have been dumped in the bin and they have tydied up their act. Well I hope so because I am sure this will bring around a lot more spot checks this season.

Very true would also be very difficult to prove that the silencer had been tampered with before yesterday

Hurray finally the aroma of coffee has finally been inhaled, cheats have been prospering Kennet is not the only one.if it is to found true that is. And with this coming out we all will see an interesting change of riders results these silencers have hampered riders therefore some have had to resort to cheating it is only my opinion but I will be watching with great interest who suddenly starts having problems and who looked to be riding terrible (as people report on here) suddenly look not that bad.interesting for sure,

Oh for gods sake I post a windup and the forum goes into hyperdrive.

Someone posted that it must be like a birthday and christmas rolled into one. No it's not because I actually like Eddie Kennett and think it's a real shame its him that has been caught. Would have been far better for it to have been one of the Poles/foriengers to be honest.

Either way it's a Coventry rider who cheated, and that brings disrepute on that club. Perhaps I was a little over the top in my post and for that I apologise but at the end of the day club rivalries make it funny that Coventry are the ones who have been caught out.

As for Eddie Kennett, as Nicholls has mentioned, there could be other riders who were also using illegal silencers and I am sure by now those have been dumped in the bin and they have tydied up their act. Well I hope so because I am sure this will bring around a lot more spot checks this season.

A little over the top? You accused a promoter of institutional cheating! I'd get up a bit earlier and do a few more car boots to afford that "£10,000 hello" you're probably going to need.

Surely Steve's post is tongue in cheek? Why are people jumping out of their prams about it?

Eddie has been a silly boy, no doubt, but I can't help but feel that all the people calling for him to dragged through the streets naked and flogged are going over the top.

The usual headless chicken brigade running around throwing insults all over the place as usual. Imagine what would have happened if it had been a Poole rider. Would we not see pages and pages of "Poole cheats", Hairdresser a disgrace" etc posts?

Eddie will learn from this and after facing the consequences not do anything as silly again. Might hav to miss a while out but he will come back better for it.

Thou it pains me to stick up for Steve but ive seen people me including call Poole cheats and and far worse ...why people feel the need to grass people up i will never know ...give stick out take the stick .

Can I ask u a straight question steve that's just say it was ward or holder had been found to be cheating what would your reaction be. And if u read scott nicholls twitter kennet is not the only one who has been at it

No need to ask him what he would do if it were a Poole rider cos it happened last season with madsen and he was welcomed back to Poole with open arms from 99% of Poole fans. Pot kettle black springs to mind.

I feel sorry for Poole supporters that u have shovlar representing u on this forum because of his narrow minded views Poole speedway as a club comes across badly. Don't get me wrong most Poole supporters I have spoke to are spot on people but if any off u Poole supporters know steve personally maybe u should tell him he comes across as a 24 carat PRATT on this forum

I don't know Steve personally but i have met him,i'm sure he knows how he comes across,in my opinion most of his posts are tongue in cheek and wind ups,which some find offensive but he doesn't represent Poole speedway and i think you will find most Poole supporters have their own opinions and views,also it is only a small minority that post on forums.

I want to know what EXACTLY he has done here....

Is it external, is it unchromed?

Is it me or does it only seem to be the king silencer that's having the problems?

I can understand why there is the problems, at the start of the season riders were having problems sliding, the bike picked up too much grip all the time.... I can vouch for this I rode one at kings Lynn and it spat me off, yes I'm a. Lesser rider but I don't often fall off, but it made it so hard to slide.

Suddenly there seemed no problems . Then rumours of cheating, then this.

But I have to also ask why wasn't the problem detected before the match when machinery is properly checked, why only mid way through?

The usual headless chicken brigade running around throwing insults all over the place as usual. Imagine what would have happened if it had been a Poole rider. Would we not see pages and pages of "Poole cheats", Hairdresser a disgrace" etc posts?

Eddie will learn from this and after facing the consequences not do anything as silly again. Might hav to miss a while out but he will come back better for it.

BUT Steve, apart from anything else, you included the name of a respectable company in your tirade and if their lawyers get to see it I fear you might be in for a rude and potentially expensive awakening.

A little over the top? You accused a promoter of institutional cheating! I'd get up a bit earlier and do a few more car boots to afford that "£10,000 hello" you're probably going to need.

Yep that a real shock post :rolleyes: Forum member says some rider or club is cheating :shock: it happens about 50 times a week on here .

I want to know what EXACTLY he has done here....

Is it external, is it unchromed?

Is it me or does it only seem to be the king silencer that's having the problems?

I can understand why there is the problems, at the start of the season riders were having problems sliding, the bike picked up too much grip all the time.... I can vouch for this I rode one at kings Lynn and it spat me off, yes I'm a. Lesser rider but I don't often fall off, but it made it so hard to slide.

Suddenly there seemed no problems . Then rumours of cheating, then this.

But I have to also ask why wasn't the problem detected before the match when machinery is properly checked, why only mid way through?

If a rider feels the need to alter these silencers then there is problem. Or is a case of " if you can't beat em join em". At the beginning there was uproar with these silencers it just a shame that some riders have had to resort in minor alterations. Eddie is not the only one he is the unlucky one that is if it is true!

Suprised Shovlar got away with all the stuff he came up with in the winter, It was disgusting