British Speedway Forum

What did batchelor do in the World Cup?

Threw a race under team orders so Australia could play the joker.

Whilst the buck will rest with Edward Kennett I think its entirely possible that he knew nothing of the tampering.

Does each rider 'machine examine' their own equipment before each meeting. Unlikely to be the case isn't it.

I wonder what deal his mechanic was on, maybe performance and points related. He would have had something to gain, maybe make his own reputation bigger due to better results for Ed Kennett.

Well what I fail to understand is:

Complaint by other team manager after a couple of races.

Complaint after/end of meeting by own team manager surely if other team manager could here something different from Kennetts bike Rosco would here as a past rider!

Kennetts team Kennett rider, Steve mechanic, Swerve mechanic, Eddie's dad as ? So who is the culprit?

This will be answered sooner or later when Kennett is back racing. So whoever is missing from his 1st meeting back is the culprit, or is there more mechanic's in his team that only work at his workshop that nobody know's about.

Not exactly, he hasn't been in front of the tribunal yet. They will deem the punishment, if there is to be one.

Does anyone know how the tribunal will work and who sits on the panel etc?

Can he appeal to the newly formed independent tribunal body, when he is found guilty.

Definately going to get some sort of sanction, possibly 28 day ban, or banned until next season, any longer would be unfair.

Other bans issued Michael Lee 5 years WTF

Simon Wigg 1 year ban from world championship

Gary Havelock 1 year ban

As for cheating going on, anyone remember the time Rick Miller needed a 12 pt maximum to achieve a 6pt ave to allow him to return the next season.

Edited by From PC to KC.

Does anyone know how the tribunal will work and who sits on the panel etc?

This one I can answer. It goes like this.

Edward Kennett enters the room and there he sees a panel of Three. The panel of Three (Matt Ford, Jon Cook & Alex Harkness) who are impartial will see over the guilty evidence. Once the guilty evidence is confirmed Matt Ford will issue a further suspended 3 Month ban & a fine of 'you must score no points against Poole in the Play-Off Final'. Coventry will also suffer as they too will be fined 'at least one rider every other heat must touch the tapes and go off 15 meters, 'Edward Kennett must take 5 rides' & 'all Coventry riders machinery will be supplied Poole to make sure all is fair & equal' all just for the Play-Off Final

If the tampering is as widespread as some say,then the BSPA should be contacting the various manufacturers and asking for a list of all people ordering a batch of new silencers and contacting those concerned and asking them the question.

Well it's very likely that almost everyone has thought about how to get an advantage related to the silencers, since they are all convinced that they're the devil's work. Making an example of one rider may discourage others from trying, but doesn't really seem proportionate or fair (the principles of justice). The sad state of affairs relating to silencers continues because the rule changes were badly thought through and implemented.

Edward Kennett enters the room and there he sees a panel of Three. The panel of Three (Matt Ford, Jon Cook & Alex Harkness) who are impartial will see over the guilty evidence. Once the guilty evidence is confirmed Matt Ford will issue a further suspended 3 Month ban & a fine of 'you must score no points against Poole in the Play-Off Final'. Coventry will also suffer as they too will be fined 'at least one rider every other heat must touch the tapes and go off 15 meters, 'Edward Kennett must take 5 rides' & 'all Coventry riders machinery will be supplied Poole to make sure all is fair & equal' all just for the Play-Off Final

YAWNNNN :nono::rolleyes:

Why does nobody believe him ? Surely Eddie is the innocent victim in all this .

You forgot transportation to Australia.

Seeing as bikes are very sensitive beasts and that tyre pressures, clutch and carberettor settings, gearings, etc are adjusted very regularly, surely the rider himself would have been aware of suddenly having more power?

Edited by SpeedwayStud09

if you look at the picture with EK leading PS, the lean angle of the bikes are pretty much the same, but EK's silencer looks shorter???

....or is my 20-20 vision playing up a bit....

Why does nobody believe him ? Surely Eddie is the innocent victim in all this .

Thats the problem. That is highly speculative.

Seeing as bikes are very sensitive beasts and that tyre pressures, clutch and carberettor settings, gearings, etc are adjusted very regularly, surely the rider himself would have been aware of suddenly having more power?

Yes, no doubt. I would pat myself on the back that I had such an ace mechanic and pay him a bonus.

If found guilty EK will suffer the consequenses , he was found to be cheating . Is it that much difference than Mr Dugard doctoring the starting gates at Eastie , which is cheating also ?