British Speedway Forum

Fingers crossed for a Danish win :approve: Unfortunately i am off out for the day,so won't be able to see any action.Just hope for a good meeting and no injuries.Same for the Polish final afterwards.Enjoy all :wink:

Hi my friend. Well Denmark finally win a race in heat 20. :cheers:

No surprise. The Russians galloping away with it. Big fast track and the stadium preety full. Shame we lost the feed after 5 heats but there you go. Enjoy your weekend. Alan.

Pity that as it looked great...big crowd....who made a bit of noise.... well organised and even had an English announcer.

We would have had a poorly organised meeting with, nobody there, a PA system from the 18th century and would have not been able to find the Russian anthem so played Ra ra rasputin by Boney M instead.

Well done Russia

Bit of a joke competition now. Sweden and Australia withdraw, Poland decline to compete, so the line-ups for the Final on Sat Sept 3 at Balakovo, Russia are:

Poland didn't qualify. I think that Swemo and MA should be punished by the FIM. All the countries have know from the very beginning that the final was going to be in Balakovo. This is the main reason England didn't enter the competition. The AMA went to the Ukraine this year at great expense.

Pity that as it looked great...big crowd....who made a bit of noise.... well organised and even had an English announcer.

We would have had a poorly organised meeting with, nobody there, a PA system from the 18th century and would have not been able to find the Russian anthem so played Ra ra rasputin by Boney M instead.

Well done Russia

I've posted a number of times that anyone who has their head in the sand and doesn't realise how seriously good the Eastern Europeans are becoming is in for a rude awakening. As you say, a BIG crowd, a very well organised meeting and presentation and the result showing that their are a lot of others beside Emil and the Lagutas coming through. Good for them and ignore at your peril. Seriously good.

Regards. Alan.

Poland didn't qualify. I think that Swemo and MA should be punished by the FIM. All the countries have know from the very beginning that the final was going to be in Balakovo. This is the main reason England didn't enter the competition. The AMA went to the Ukraine this year at great expense.

Well, Poland might not have qualified, but they finished a long, long way ahead of both Ukraine and Czech Republic in their semi final, and those other two nations raced in the final...

I agree that there should be some punishment for the Swedish and Australian failure to take part in this Final, but it is yet again another confirmation of how badly this sport is run...The Danes made an effort to send a full team to the Final, but had their chances ruined at the border when some of their bikes were refused entry to Russia...

This incident, combined with the refusal to allow several top Russian riders into the UK for the World Cup match at Kings Lynn (and also Vadim Tarasenko's failure to get in for the U21 match in Poole) shows what a farce the sport is becoming. The FIM seriously need to get involved and sort things out with the respective Governments, or refuse to allow their events to take place in either the UK or Russia....

What happened with Rene? Feeling effects of injury or just pulled out of last 2 rides?