British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Young Stars V Stoke Potters

Processional stuff tonight, can recall only five overtakes although plenty of effort on display. Thoroughly deserved win for the Potters, Lambert as expected outstanding but the engine room of Sarjent and Atkin did the real damage, the former looking an excellent prospect while the latter used all his experience and rode superbly. Birks and Kerr very much the top men for the Young Stars but the rest too inconsistent out of the gate to push Stoke harder. Finally on a positive note the attendance appeared to be very healthy for an NL fixture with a fair smattering of Stoke fans, and it was good to catch up with Vog :cheers:

Well done to the Potters. Im sure Vog had a top night out!

Was pretty processional, as Bagpuss says, up until about heat 13, then the Stoke boys learned how to pass ;)

Good to get another away win, especially as it looked so close for so long. Sarj, Atkin and Lambert were all immense for Stoke, combining for 39 points.

Bring on Dudley!

Well done Sarg! Great to see him bounce back after being shat on last year,keep it up young man,good to see a young brit doing well

I think that was a terrible night's entertainment. Nothing happened just FTG after FTG. A full on bore-fest.

What is very disappointing is watching Jake Knight going further & further backwards by the week. Can't gate, can't pass and no track craft. Time & time again he tries to ride the fence, never looking to go down the inside. Very frustrating.

Positives, Only Lewis Kerr from last night for the home team (should have been in heat 15 without doubt). I so hope this kid can make it as he does look the part. Seem to get quicker as the night went on.

I think that was a terrible night's entertainment.

It was a pleasure chatting with you too, Screamer!!! :wink:

Bit surprising that Mr. Allitt chose not to use Kerr a little bit more bearing in mind a few of the Young Stars were clearly struggling.

It was a pleasure chatting with you too, Screamer!!! :wink:

Bit surprising that Mr. Allitt chose not to use Kerr a little bit more bearing in mind a few of the Young Stars were clearly struggling.

:lol: OK, OK. The racing was a terrible entertainment. Everything else was absolutely perfect :t:

im surprised no-one has mentioned the shocking refereeing decision to award tony atkin third place in heat 7 (i believe) when he was clearly a bikes length at least behind tom stokes.

im surprised no-one has mentioned the shocking refereeing decision to award tony atkin third place in heat 7 (i believe) when he was clearly a bikes length at least behind tom stokes.

I forgot about that. Atrocious decision but what do you expect with Barbara Horley as referee.

Processional stuff tonight, can recall only five overtakes although plenty of effort on display. Thoroughly deserved win for the Potters, Lambert as expected outstanding but the engine room of Sarjent and Atkin did the real damage, the former looking an excellent prospect while the latter used all his experience and rode superbly. Birks and Kerr very much the top men for the Young Stars but the rest too inconsistent out of the gate to push Stoke harder. Finally on a positive note the attendance appeared to be very healthy for an NL fixture with a fair smattering of Stoke fans, and it was good to catch up with Vog :cheers:

Very difficult to argue with any of that :approve:

I still enjoyed it because the match wasn't really decided until heat 13, the Potters 4-2 being a killer. Even if there isn't much in the way of racing, a close meeting usually produces some excitement.

Little harsh. Lewis Kerr blew an engine in Heat 4 and it was only really in heat 12 that he looked really likely and by then there weren't many he could replace. I thought he was a little unlucky not to get heat 15 but it would be hard to be critical of tactical moves that Dale did (or didn't) make.

For Stoke, Sarjeant was hugely impressive, has come on an enormous amount this season and was the Potters match winner. Didn't Dudley boot him out last year ? They must kicking themselves now.

I am not sure I can cope with a jubilant Vog, Chubby Cheshire or Proud Potter all the time but personally I think its brilliant to see Stoke, Mildenhall & Belle Vue in line for the play offs. All three have had a lean spell over a number of years and have some excellent fans who have stuck by them over that time. I doubt if even the most biased fan would begrudge them all a bit of success, and I think it is at least in part a vindication of the Stoke promotions decision to drop down a league this season.

One last point, and that is to comment on the presentation on Wednesday night from Bryn Williams and Kevin Moore. I have been a fan of Bryn's for some time now and while my old sparring partner Mr Moore does nothing but slag me off when I see him between them they set a very high standard indeed. I have to say I must question why the Stars persist with the loquacious, annoying, love the sound of my own voice Mr Bennett when they can have the understated, knowledgeable and thoroughly professional Mr Moore instead.

Edited by Halifaxtiger