British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Pick Your Under 22 Gb Team

As the Topic title implies, Pick your 8 riders NL Only who could represent GB Under 22,s against The USA overall Under 22,s, i will have to give it some thought as off the Top of my head its almost impossible, 8 man Team formulae.

Depending on whether you mean riders who just ride in the National League or Riders that ride in the NL with PL Commitments my squads would be.

PL/NL

Howarth

Garrity

S Worrall

R Worrall

Birks

Morris

Perry

Number 8 Pickard

Just NL Riders

Garrity

Pickard

Perry

Morris

Starke

Hazelden

Jacobs

Number 8 James Sarjeant

Using riders who could ride in NL, my choice would be

1. Kyle Newman

2. Jason Garrity

3. Steve Worrall

4. Richie Worrall

5. Kyle Howarth

6. Ashley Birks

7. Jaimie Pickard

8. Ben Morley

Riders who have rode n the NL this year

1 Newman

2 Howarth

3 Worrall

4 Worrall

5 Birks

6 Garrity

7 Sarjeant

Hmm, No Heathens in their guys, in all honesty I think Kyle would be in their, but also Royno if fit, but i think it should include only riders who are primarily NL riders, The meeting needs to achieve two objectives, 1. For riders to gain much needed experience of International competition. 2.It also needs to be competitive and not ONE sided as that achieves nothing, which is Why I hope The USA include Under 22s from ALL those USA riders riding over here, Ricky Wells and is Tyson Under 22 ? to make it competitive these riders NEED to be included.

Not In team order..

1 Howarth

2 Morley

3 S Worrel

4 R Worrel

5 Newman

6 Garrity

7 Birks

8 Sargeant or Hazelden

Edited by waco

Based on recent form, Sarjeant should easily be included.

Past that, it's hard to disagree with the riders who keep popping up on here.

If you want a competertive team, take the top 8 fromt he Under21s meeting earlier this year. So Woffinden, S Worrall, Haines, Auty, Howarth, Garrity, Starke and Morris.

But form from some of the other NL/PL riders cant be over looked either. Birks, R Worrall, Newman, Pickard, Jacobs and Johnson.

Good luck picking out the 8 lol, but im gonna go with... Woffy, S Worrall, R Worrall, Birks, Newman, Auty, Pickard and Morris.

1. Kyle Newman

2. Ash Birks

3. Richie Worrall

4. Steve Worrall

5. Kyle Howarth

6. Jason Garrity

7. Jaimie Pickard

8. Rob Lambert/Nathan Greaves

Note its actually been clarified we will be racing against GB Under 21, not Under 22. With Eddie Castro leading the Americans we may call ourselves USA Under 53! :rofl:

Hey Steve You forgot to name YOUR GB Team...go on have a go at naming who you would,nt want to see against you,s. :lol:

If Premier riders can be included, you have forgotten Nick Morris , Robert Branford and Cameron Heeps.

Junior

Hmm, No Heathens in their guys, in all honesty I think Kyle would be in their, but also Royno if fit, but i think it should include only riders who are primarily NL riders, The meeting needs to achieve two objectives, 1. For riders to gain much needed experience of International competition. 2.It also needs to be competitive and not ONE sided as that achieves nothing, which is Why I hope The USA include Under 22s from ALL those USA riders riding over here, Ricky Wells and is Tyson Under 22 ? to make it competitive these riders NEED to be included.

I am sure Royno would thank you for that, but he wouldn't qualify for under 22 these days as he turned 22 almost a year ago (his 23rd birthday is just 8 days away!)

Tyson also isn't even close to being under 22. I think he is 27 now but given what Steve has said about Eddie racing, I guess Tyson should be good to fit into the USA age requirements :D

Also, if Eddie is coming back again for this tour, surely the legendary Flyin Mike Faria should be dragged over as well :D

'Flyin' Mike is older than Eddie!

The meeting will be for National League riders only I understand.

Being as its a Heathens fixture I am sure the Under 21s on the team will feature.

The USA team will most likely have 5 Under 21 year old riders, a 23 year old and a Castro!

If Premier riders can be included, you have forgotten Nick Morris , Robert Branford and Cameron Heeps.

Junior

He said GB: these are Australians!