British Speedway Forum

Anyone with an English link?

me too!!!

Does anyone know when Sky are repeating this GP as I would like to record it?

Tomorrow morning at 8.30 on SS4. I hadn't even realised we were on the red button tonight. Last time the whole match was on interactive so it was possible to record it. However the technology is not there, it appears, to cope with situations when the programme is split. Therefore, I discovered when I arrived home that I had just the first 55 minutes of the meeting. I have to ask the question as what is the point of transmitting just part of the meeting? Surely, it would have made more sense to have it all on interactive. I am certain they could have filled the 55 minutes available to them to transmit 'all-in-tiddly-winks'!

I have to ask the question as what is the point of transmitting just part of the meeting?

Especially for a poxy early season Spanish football game.

If you're with Sky, the facility to record both parts was there.

I set the first part as normal, to record, then went to the TV

guide, clicked the Spanish footie, which brought up the speedway

on the red button, set that to record, and got the whole lot.

Set this Friday morning, so the option was there.

Have no idea whether you could do this on Virgin, as we kicked

them into touch a year ago, for blatantly ripping us off.

If you're with Sky, the facility to record both parts was there.

I set the first part as normal, to record, then went to the TV

guide, clicked the Spanish footie, which brought up the speedway

on the red button, set that to record, and got the whole lot.

Set this Friday morning, so the option was there.

Have no idea whether you could do this on Virgin, as we kicked

them into touch a year ago, for blatantly ripping us off.

I tried to record both parts but it (SKY) would not let me. I had the 6.00 one set then I tried to record the 6.55 part but it would not work.

I had to cancel the 6.00 record to set the 6.55 record, then it would not let me go back and record the 6.00.

I missed the first 7 races and when I saw Bomber had won two of those, I was even more angry.. and on a night the championship was decided too.

I agree Backless the GP from Malilla was very bad on Sky and was caused by lack of HD studios in fact on that day it was a studio very rarely used now except for voice-over work as really old 4.3 cameras and gallery so had to stretch the picture to fill the screen and in my opinion a total mess. So far this year Sky has recieved a HD feed for all GPs but often downscaled for broadcast.

I have not had a chance to check which studio they are in tonight as the red button will make it look poor anyway as low available bandwidth and old encoder.

If they get HD feed from all tracks why can't they show the racing in HD and just have the studio bits downgraded to SD?