British Speedway Forum
IAN2

British Youth Championship Round 5

Can confirm start time will be 12 NOON, on Sunday 11th September and not as advertised at 3pm correction should be in this weeks Speedway Star

Edited by IAN2

Can confirm start time will be 12 NOON, on Sunday 11th September and not as advertised at 3pm correction should be in this weeks Speedway Star

its a noon start i think because of no floodlights?

Full line up in Riding order.

500cc British Championship

1 Adam Portwood

42 Danno Verge

27 Michael Neale 

41 Sean Phillips

10 Jamie Couzins

4 Max Clegg

24 Jack Kingston

9 Jack Jones

13 Nathan Stoneman 

250cc British Championship

15 Reece Downes

19 Jordan Hazelden

28 Josh Bailey

7 Nathan Greaves

30 Zach Wajtknecht

5 Mitchell Beckett

8 Connor Mountain

23 Kelsey Dugard

125cc Support Races

2 Tom Brennan

26 Saul Bulley

37 Kean Dicken

12 Kenny Bowdery

29 Henry Atkins

35 Jack P Blackburn

34 Ben Woodhull

33 Luke Woodhull

16 Patrick Crook

38 Macauley Leek

11 Jack Collins

22 Lewis Whitmore

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Congratulations to all and sundry for this afternoon's excellent British Youth Championhship.

When it's considered that the stadium doesn't get used for official competitions any more, the whole area was immaculately clean and tidy.

The presentation was first class, even though Bryn was half asleep early doors. Track conditions were virtually faultless, although it blew up dusty from time to time, but after a few minutes watering, all was well again. The racing was very good, and wow what a prospect Max Clegg looks, and so the list goes on.

My only complaint is that this club (Sittingbourne) is not in the National League, because they should be.

Just hope it won't be to long before I'm afforded an oportunity to visit this lovely little of Kent again. :approve:

Congratulations to all and sundry for this afternoon's excellent British Youth Championhship.

When it's considered that the stadium doesn't get used for official competitions any more, the whole area was immaculately clean and tidy.

The presentation was first class, even though Bryn was half asleep early doors. Track conditions were virtually faultless, although it blew up dusty from time to time, but after a few minutes watering, all was well again. The racing was very good, and wow what a prospect Max Clegg looks, and so the list goes on.

My only complaint is that this club (Sittingbourne) is not in the National League, because they should be.

Just hope it won't be to long before I'm afforded an oportunity to visit this lovely little of Kent again. :approve:

A big well done to Reece Downes and Max Clegg for riding so well today. Nathan had an up and down day on the 2nd bend that was catching a lot of riders out today. Still 4th place not a bad result in the end especially after shedding a primary chain in the heats. And then leading the final only to fall!!!!! But hey ho thats speedway onwards to Stoke see you all there. A great day enjoyed it a lot thanks Sittiongbourne for making it a great event.

That's because I'm allergic to Sunday mornings alas! :rolleyes::sad: As you alluded to though Mr. Morosely.... fine day's entertainment and well done to all who took part.

Congratulations to all riders who competed at the meeting.

The standard of riding is 100% improving all across the board.

A very Proud British Youth Championship organiser

Phil Morris

Congratulations to all riders who competed at the meeting.

The standard of riding is 100% improving all across the board.

A very Proud British Youth Championship organiser

Phil Morris

Both yourself Phil and Neil Vatcher, plus everyone else who has helped in any way whatsoever with regard to the running of the British Youth Championship rounds thus far this year, deserve much praise and we now look forward to the final round of both the 250cc & 500cc Championships themselves (plus 125cc Supports races?) at Stoke later this month AND the 125cc championship itself at Eastbourne this coming Saturday.

I must admit to some surprise that those background people, who normally provide our two sky commentators at live broadcasts with info, had seemingly omitted to tell them about the sterling work put in this year so far with regard to establishing a properly organised youth development strategy in the UK this year under Phil & Neil's direction.

Edited by Bryn

Both yourself Phil and Neil Vatcher plus everyone else who has helped in any way whatsoever with regard to the running of the British Youth Championship rounds thus far this year, deserve much praise and we now look forward to the final round of both the 250cc & 500cc Championships themselves (plus 125cc Supports races?) at Stoke later this month AND the 125cc championship itself at Eastbourne this coming Saturday.

I must admit to some surprise that those background people, who normally provide our two sky commentators at live broadcasts with info, had seemingly omitted to tell them about the sterling work put in this year so far with regard to establishing a properly organised youth development strategy in the UK this year.

I'm sure I heard a reference to this Saturday's 125cc meeting this morning on the SKY telecast.

Well Done to all associated with the Juniors Titles - the Heroes of Tomorrow.

LOL Bryn i must hold my hand up!!

I was the INFORMER regards to the announcement of the 125cc championships. (via a quick call in the Add break)

Otherwise we would of had no mention, it does get my back up that we always talk up other countries and leave our home grown efforts without a mention.

Phil

LOL Bryn i must hold my hand up!!

I was the INFORMER regards to the announcement of the 125cc championships. (via a quick call in the Add break)

Otherwise we would of had no mention, it does get my back up that we always talk up other countries and leave our home grown efforts without a mention.

Phil

Whoopsie! :blink: As my late mother might have said Phil, "You soppy sausage!" :wink:

Whoopsie! :blink: As my late mother might have said Phil, "You soppy sausage!" :wink:

Hi can anyone tell me a bitmore about youth speedway re ages for the 125cc class

my son will be 14 in may is he to old for that class

will he have to ride a 250cc or 500cc as he is only just learning the sport and the bigger bikes hes not ready for yet

Hi can anyone tell me a bitmore about youth speedway re ages for the 125cc class

my son will be 14 in may is he to old for that class

will he have to ride a 250cc or 500cc as he is only just learning the sport and the bigger bikes hes not ready for yet

I think its a250cc in the British mate. But hey if he is not redy stick to a125ccbike and just do training days till he is ready,.