British Speedway Forum

Well seem that young Josh Grajczonek may not fit in at Glasglow mite be worth a go for the Witches.

On the surface an Aussie with a Polish surname would appear to be a perfect fit!!!!

The problem is that last season he was down as one of Swindon's double uppers. So I reckon it will depend on what Swindon's plans are in this respect. In addition, he is rumoured to be lined up for a Polski Liga 1 team, which may be one of the reasons that Glasgow may not be using him. Personally, with the various PL tracks running over the weekend, I wouldn't be too keen to sign someone with Polish commitments.

More interesting news from Glasgow is their most recent signing:

Taken from the Glagow Press Release:

"The Promotion are delighted to announce the signing of 18 year old Mason Campton of New South Wales Australia as the third addition to Season 2012 Team. Mason toured Britain in the Summer and Glasgow won the race to secure his signature following interest from three other Premier League Clubs. Mason joins us on an assessed 5.00 point average."

Interesting to note that Mason, along with Scunthorpe's Armstrong appear on the BSPA Confirmed Line Up Section with a 5 point assessed average. It is only Tungate that has the asterisk against his name, stating that his average is awaiting confirmation.

Now call me paranoid, but.............

Interesting to note that Mason, along with Scunthorpe's Armstrong appear on the BSPA Confirmed Line Up Section with a 5 point assessed average. It is only Tungate that has the asterisk against his name, stating that his average is awaiting confirmation.

Now call me paranoid, but.............

Yes i noticed that too. Strange!

We should have a better idea or narrow the list of potential signing's down by the end of the week as a few clubs are announcing riders over the next few days. Somerset announcing 3 tomorrow so maybe we can cross Masters off the list.

Bit of a dangerous game if the promotion decide to wait until mid January to see if a certain rider is available or not.

.......Bit of a dangerous game if the promotion decide to wait until mid January to see if a certain rider is available or not.

Dangerous game or not, In life there are things that are far more important, and certainly far more important than something so inconsequential as speedway.

If it means that we end up with a team not as strong as it might have been, then so be it. Most genuine fans will understand and be supportive.

• Like 2

Dangerous game or not, In life there are things that are far more important, and certainly far more important than something so inconsequential as speedway.

If it means that we end up with a team not as strong as it might have been, then so be it. Most genuine fans will understand and be supportive.

Is it "inconsequential" to them though? Its not a Rick Frost situation where the club is simply a hobby is it. Its their livelihood. Sorry but i don't believe for a second that the business of running Ipswich speedway has just been completely dropped. Even if they are not directly involved themselves, they will have somebody working on the team/season tickets etc etc. They can't afford not to. If as you say "so be it" if the team doesn't end up as strong as it might have been because of recent events, i don't think the supporters will be understanding and supportive to an extent to hand over their hard earned money on a regular basis next season if the team isn't attractive enough

Is it "inconsequential" to them though? Its not a Rick Frost situation where the club is simply a hobby is it. Its their livelihood. Sorry but i don't believe for a second that the business of running Ipswich speedway has just been completely dropped. Even if they are not directly involved themselves, they will have somebody working on the team/season tickets etc etc. They can't afford not to. If as you say "so be it" if the team doesn't end up as strong as it might have been because of recent events, i don't think the supporters will be understanding and supportive to an extent to hand over their hard earned money on a regular basis next season if the team isn't attractive enough

I think you are right in as much as work will continue, but I don't think we should expect any announcements for the remainder of this year.

At the recent conference all of the promoters will have put forward the team that they hope to track in 2012 ... it's now a case of everything being brought together.

I think you are right in as much as work will continue, but I don't think we should expect any announcements for the remainder of this year.

At the recent conference all of the promoters will have put forward the team that they hope to track in 2012 ... it's now a case of everything being brought together.

I'm sure they'll know exactly who they want and i'd bet more than just the three already confirmed, have already put pen to paper. Rohan Tungate is example of that.

The news broke of his signing last Thursday morning first in the Ipswich Evening Star, and quickly followed on the official website. Both the Star and Website carried pictures of Rohan signing his contract flanked by both Chris Louis and Pete Simmons.

The article in the paper revealed "Speaking from his Kurri Kurri home last night", so unless Chris Louis and Pete Simmons hopped on a plane to Australia to get the lad to sign which i highly doubt, the reality is the lad put pen to paper some time before last Thursday before he set off back home to Australia which i'm led to believe, was a few weeks back.

• Like 1

When Bloomy said about it being a dangerous game to wait until January I think maybe Mr S took it to mean in relation to the tragic Rhys Loram incident, I think Bloomy was making reference to a certain rider who has been rumoured to be on Ipswich's radar who may, or may not, be available come early next year - if he is in the plans for Ipswich then I hope they have a backup plan just incase

When Bloomy said about it being a dangerous game to wait until January I think maybe Mr S took it to mean in relation to the tragic Rhys Loram incident, I think Bloomy was making reference to a certain rider who has been rumoured to be on Ipswich's radar who may, or may not, be available come early next year

Correct Jules.

Thoughts on team lining up as?

1.Kevin Doolan 7.19

2.Taylor Poole 6.90

3.Linus Eklof 6.48

4.Morten Risager 6.36

5.Kozza Smith 7.19

6.Rohan Tungate 5.00

7.Cameron Heeps 3.00

Total 42.12

We know 3 signed so far, Morten I think would be a cert & would like Taylor back - added 2 riders who looked good at Foxhall last year.

Thoughts on team lining up as?

1.Kevin Doolan 7.19

2.Taylor Poole 6.90

3.Linus Eklof 6.48

4.Morten Risager 6.36

5.Kozza Smith 7.19

6.Rohan Tungate 5.00

7.Cameron Heeps 3.00

Total 42.12

We know 3 signed so far, Morten I think would be a cert & would like Taylor back - added 2 riders who looked good at Foxhall last year.

I think Eklof is already earmarked for the Bandits, but notwithstanding this as he is riding for Ikaros Smederna in the Allsvenskan League, would make him a bit of a non starter.

Edited by Mr Snackette

The statement by Chris Louis that the long term aim to to get back in the Elite League is the best statement to come out of the Witches camp for over a year. Ipswich are a big club that belong to a big league. Lets get back to local matches against King's Lynn, Peterborough and Arena Essex . I cannot wait for a Easter Bank Holiday double against the Stars with perhaps 3-4000 watching compared now to the 7-800 attending home matches. It;s odd really that all the Premier League matches between the Star Of Anglia and the 16 lap classic were all lower gates than those two meetings. yet people say they prefer team racing to individual meetings

Spot on there that Mr Muppet my sentiments exactly, cant beat the top riders riding every week at foxhall.