British Speedway Forum

what about Tomas Topinka ? he can do a good job. :)

I would assume that they have already sorted out who's going to make the tea!!!

• Like 1

I find it amusing that already the negative vibes are creeping in, 3 months ahead of the season & with only 3 confirmed riders. Ok we all think we know pretty much who 3 of the final 4 riders will be, but nothing definite yet.

I know all anyone cares about is winning, but I personally think it'll be a shame if the Witches start the season without a single British rider. Has it happened before? Is there one out there who could fit in & do a decent job?

For me its just a case of I can see on some nights we really will struggle and after a good year last year we may not do aswell this year. 7.19 for your number 1 is very low and doesn't inspire confidence. And yes I like to win.

The points limit is still 42.5 regardless if you have strong reserves or a top heavy side. Advantages and disadvantages whichever way you go.

1. Doolan

2. Poole

3. Tress

4. Risager

5. North / legault or gathercole

6. Tungate

7. Heeps

this would be a solid team with every rider capable of increasing their average.

• Like 1

The points limit is still 42.5 regardless if you have strong reserves or a top heavy side. Advantages and disadvantages whichever way you go.

When you look at league champions from either league though, most if not all have a big hitting number 1. I'm sure Bjerre would have kicked on to be good number 1 next season but he's moved on and really needs to be replaced. I'm not sure any of Doolan, Poole, Matt T or Risager can fill that roll.

Lets see who's unveiled next week we may be pleasantly surprised

I do agree cs that the 4 riders you mention probably won't be big hitters but all could put 1.5 pts on their average and heeps could get a 6pt average. With so many Aussies in the line up the team spirit could be excellant which is another vital ingrediant

I do agree cs that the 4 riders you mention probably won't be big hitters but all could put 1.5 pts on their average and heeps could get a 6pt average. With so many Aussies in the line up the team spirit could be excellant which is another vital ingrediant

The thing is if your number one loses to their 1 and 5 that's not good and our number 5 loses to their 1 and 5 you are always hoping that the reserve with 5 can beat their number 2 and 6 or 7 just to get a 3 all result.

I find it amusing that already the negative vibes are creeping in, 3 months ahead of the season & with only 3 confirmed riders. Ok we all think we know pretty much who 3 of the final 4 riders will be, but nothing definite yet.

I know all anyone cares about is winning, but I personally think it'll be a shame if the Witches start the season without a single British rider. Has it happened before? Is there one out there who could fit in & do a decent job?

Hart has already been discounted - not sure if Lakeland will be able to get him fixed up elsewhere? To be honest, I'm surprised that Uncle Len has plumped for Bunyan, who some people think is on bargain average. Hart would be a good reserve at Dry Hose, and potentially better value than Bunyan.

Mills looks like he has also missed out on a Witches place - combination of reasons could be considered, eg. got a 5+ average from a season at reserve, not an asset and 27/28 years old. Great bloke and 110%, but probably not the future that Chris Louis is trying to build?

Schramm - almost identical to Mills, except 1.5 points better - but possibly/probably not going to improve on that. Returning from a back injury - I'm told he was having a spin at Scunthorpe last week, so it looks like he's intending to ride. Sadly, he doesn't even appear in many fans wish lists - and I have to admit that riders such as Gathercole or North have a greater appeal when looking for improvement and to the future ...

Also, any new Danes available? They come into the PL on a 7.00 ...

Edited by Lovey

Not sure about Gathercole Lovey, definitely not for me. North yes, but if the other predicted three return, will leave us a near point and a half under the limit.

We know from the bloke down Redcar way with a mouth as big as the Dartford tunnel, that Matt Tresarrieu is returning. And one would assume that Risager is odds on to avoid an uneasy atmosphere in the Louis household, and the article posted on the Witches forum claims Tungate will join his fellow Aussies Doolan, Heeps and poole.

So 7.18 remaining. Looking at the averages of all those remaining who haven't been confirmed elsewhere yet, nothing really jumps out as a potential good signing. Chris Louis said "exciting" team news next week, so we'll see.

Interestingly, Chris Louis is quoted as saying Bjerre was their first name down on the teamsheet on a potential line up, but on 7.80, i wonder who else would have made way.

Edited by CardinalSin

1. Doolan

2. Poole

3. Tress

4. Risager

5. North / legault or gathercole

6. Tungate

7. Heeps

this would be a solid team with every rider capable of increasing their average.

Jason, you are spot on.

That team is capable of increasing its combined average by around seven points. If we assume that both Heeps and Tungate can achieve six point averages each, that adds four to the combined total. Based on their starting averages, I don't consider it unreasonable to think that numbers one to five can increase their individual averages by at least 0.6 each.

If this can be achieved, and riders actually ride to this average, depending on the final composition of the team, one might reasonably expect that in most meetings a score of around 48 points by Heat 14 should be achievable.

Now I would be the first to admit that (thankfully) meetings don't always follow this analytical approach. However I would be prepared to wager that the more succesful teams will be those that can increase their overall net averages.

Whilst there appears to be some excellent teams being assembled, making the 2012 PL Season a mouth watering prospect, I have yet to see another team with the same potential to improve to the same extent that the above suggested Witches team has.

Edited by Mr Snackette

I also think that all the riders will improve their starting averages. Let's just hope can all ride well on the same night, which often wasn't the case last season. There does look like some good teams being built, so should be some good close meetings at home.

Too much should not be expected of our 2 super young aussie reserves. Im a great admirer of them both but to expect them to get 6 point averages in their first season on tracks they have never seen is a bit much. And it seems most fans think thats whats needed to have a successful season for the Witches in 2012. All this pressure is surely unfair on them and if the Witches had got a genuine no1 signed this pressure would decrease somewhat. There seems no rider around left to fit this catagory and this is very disappointing from Chris Louis who so many thought was building a championship winning side.

Too much should not be expected of our 2 super young aussie reserves. Im a great admirer of them both but to expect them to get 6 point averages in their first season on tracks they have never seen is a bit much. And it seems most fans think thats whats needed to have a successful season for the Witches in 2012. All this pressure is surely unfair on them and if the Witches had got a genuine no1 signed this pressure would decrease somewhat. There seems no rider around left to fit this catagory and this is very disappointing from Chris Louis who so many thought was building a championship winning side.

Well you are obviously "in the know", so why don't you put the rest of us out of our misery, instead of having to wait for the announcement of more team members next week, tell us now so we can join you with your views on our 2012 team!!!

I agree actually about the reserves, neither are proven at this level so it remains to be seen how they perform. They both clearly have talent so hopes are high.

Pete Simmons has tweeted that the full line up will be announced by middle of next week so not long to wait.

I think the team is now straight forward apart from who the last rider is. Unless morten doesn't ride for us next season which still leaves room for say hart and a number 1. We could go with morten and north but that would leave us way under 42.5. MMM interesting times ahead I hope. A good team could see plenty of season tickets sold like last season. I hope there are more tours next season.