British Speedway Forum

On the season tickets, i take it there's no photo's on them this year if you can buy them online? Does that mean you can pass it to a friend or relative if you can't make a meeting or two?

On the season tickets, i take it there's no photo's on them this year if you can buy them online? Does that mean you can pass it to a friend or relative if you can't make a meeting or two?

Photo ID is a requirement.

Photo ID is a requirement.

Ok thanks. Shame as it would make it a little more tempting to me if it could be passed to a relative for the odd meeting i'm sure to miss.

Ok thanks. Shame as it would make it a little more tempting to me if it could be passed to a relative for the odd meeting i'm sure to miss.

Yeah I always thought that. I'm sure I'll miss a couple of meetings due to holidays or whatever & it would be good if someone else could make use of it.

I'm sure that many others would buy season tickets if this was the case. Most people if they can go on holiday in the summer and this makes a season ticket poor value. If you could lend it out then more would consider it. I know people would say that regulars would swop tickets as and when they were away and sure this would happen, but you would get loads more money up front and you would get loads more money of fans like me. People that love speedway, but hate the cold on the heath. There must be loads of meetings that take place that I miss due to the weather, each one is a buy lost.

In my original post, I reckoned to a minimum of 22 meetings. I based this on 13 League meetings, 5 "Trophy" meetings, 1 KOC meeting, 1 Challenge, 1 Star of Anglia, and 1 Sixteen Lapper. In his email to season ticket holders, CL says there will be a minimum of 23 meetings, so I make that £12.83 a meeting.

Given that the Witches have a successful season, then there could be another four meetings ( 3 further KOC + "Trophy Final" ), then it would be 27 meetings making it £10.93 a meeting.

For some only league fixtures matter, and I must confess I include myself in that number, then clearly the season ticket isn't for you. Particularly as the play off meetings are not included.

Just as a way of comparing, Newport released their season ticket details

£260 - Adult

£240 - Concession

£600 - 2A + 2C

I will state that I don't know how much a child season ticket is.

A few tweets going around that the team will be announced in full tomorrow.

If true, this will tie in with Dakota North's comment that he will also say who he is riding for on Friday.

So 2 + 2 = 41.27????!!!!!!!!

Interesting to note that all the averages in the "confirmed line ups" section on the BSPA website have been removed both in the PL & NsEL sections. Me thinks something is afoot!!

I think we can pencil in Tress, Risager and Poole - leaving the final place, for me there are two candidates:

Dakota North, recently tweeted that he will announce who he's riding for on Friday 9th, the same day as the Witches announce their lineup. He has also said he's joining his favourite track - he scored a paid 21pt max at Foxhall earlier in 2011.....

Rasmus Jensen, Chris Louis has said he's wanting to increase the Ipswich asset base with young exciting riders and has previously been very impressed with the Danish youth system. Rasmus is 18 and finished the Danish U21 championships in a very respectable 3rd place.

He is also friends with Taylor Poole and I believe he is currently staying with the Heeps family in Australia this winter along with Joe Jacobs.

Could be either!

So the favourite looks to be Dekota North for the final place along with Tress,Risager and Poole. Who if this is the case will ride at no5 then? That will mean a ride in the crucial heat 13 along with Doolan. Cant help thinking whoever it is, many other teams have a better twosome in this heat and also heat 15. When the top average rider in the side is Doolan with 7.19 it worries me just like last season, the Witches will dip out in these 2 heats and that will be costly with those vital points lost. Perhaps nearly all the side will up their averages and atone for this weakness but who knows.