British Speedway Forum

Its all to do with the local council they give Speedeworth permission to run so many motorsport events during the season. If CL was to allow spectators in for the P&P day then this would have to count towards one of our allotted meetings. The question is do you allow spectators in pay the rent for a meeting then when the season's coming to a close and say we're the play off final and we have no allotted meetings left, thus we will forfeit the title. So ultimately its not CL/JL, Speedeworth its the local council authority issuing the rules sadly.

No no, there you go again I said I wouldn't swap them not that anyone was better than anyone else :icon_smile_clown:

I can't wait to see these two AMAZING reserves of yours either and if things don't go according to plan will be LMAO :wink:

Fairy Nuff. They're not "my"reserves by the way, try Ricky Kling and Todd Kurtz ;)

Its all to do with the local council they give Speedeworth permission to run so many motorsport events during the season. If CL was to allow spectators in for the P&P day then this would have to count towards one of our allotted meetings. The question is do you allow spectators in pay the rent for a meeting then when the season's coming to a close and say we're the play off final and we have no allotted meetings left, thus we will forfeit the title. So ultimately its not CL/JL, Speedeworth its the local council authority issuing the rules sadly.

I think think the local council allow Foxhall Stadium 55 Motor Sport meetings a year and if the P and P was open to the public it would constitute one of those meetings.

No no, there you go again I said I wouldn't swap them not that anyone was better than anyone else icon_smile_clown.gif

I can't wait to see these two AMAZING reserves of yours either and if things don't go according to plan will be LMAO icon_smile_wink.gif

As a Redcar supporter, i and others were convinced Tungate would be a Bear this year and i'm still gutted that a deal couldn't be done. I'm happy with our team this year but missing out of Tungate still rankles with me.

Trust me, this lad will be nothing but a success this year he's got everything in his locker.

I think think the local council allow Foxhall Stadium 55 Motor Sport meetings a year and if the P and P was open to the public it would constitute one of those meetings.

You are both absolutely correct.

Nothing to do with the promotions of either Ipswich Speedway, or Spedeworth, its the council

and their restrictions. The council started implementing this during my last year with the club,

around 2003/4 I believe.

Why they suddenly banned the public, who have been attending P&P days since at least 1970,

as I can remember going along back then, heaven only knows.... took 'em long enough!

Could they not open up p and p now that the wasps meeting will have gone? Just a thought, it may be 2 less meetings now. Or could do it just for season ticket holders, now that they are missing out on those meetings

Could they not open up p and p now that the wasps meeting will have gone? Just a thought, it may be 2 less meetings now. Or could do it just for season ticket holders, now that they are missing out on those meetings

Very Good point BM..... maybe someone could drop CL an e-mail and ask?

Surely there will be two more meetings of some kind to fill the gap??

Surely there will be two more meetings of some kind to fill the gap??

I think the LC groupings are being looked at as we speak.

I think the LC groupings are being looked at as we speak.

Move Scunthorpe to the "southern" group?

Also, no more than two motorsports events can be staged in any eight day period. I know that doesn't affect attendance at the P&P day, but it shows the restrictions that both Spedeworth (as leaseholders) and Ipswich Speedway (as tenants, renting from Spedeworth) have to work under.

This debate about Press and Practice (section 7 [v]) seems to crop up every year, so here is the very detailed operating formula for Foxhall Stadium so you can see the restrictions that both Spedeworth and Ipswich Speedway have to work to:

http://www.suffolkco...ula20082013.pdf

Edited by Jim Sharman

I can remember the first year that spectators were not allowed entrance to press and practice a few years back, the reason given was that the previous year, a handful of spectators broke an apparent agreement not to venture to certain parts of the stadium!

This debate about Press and Practice (section 7 [v]) seems to crop up every year, so here is the very detailed operating formula for Foxhall Stadium so you can see the restrictions that both Spedeworth and Ipswich Speedway have to work to:

http://www.suffolkco...ula20082013.pdf

That is one hell of a document. It's a wonder the stadium can operate at all with the "You can do this but not that" attitude

I can remember the first year that spectators were not allowed entrance to press and practice a few years back, the reason given was that the previous year, a handful of spectators broke an apparent agreement not to venture to certain parts of the stadium!

It was ok to watch as long as you didn't leave the home straight stand and go round the terracing onto the first and second bends and beyond as I remember.

But not everyone does as they are asked do they?

Edited by Shrimpfan

It was ok to watch as long as you didn't leave the home straight stand and go round the terracing onto the first and second bends and beyond as I remember.

But not everyone does as they are asked do they?

Exactly. That was the prime reason we were given for attendance at press and practice coming to an end.

Shame really as a few really enjoyed the press and practice after a long winter as it signaled the official start to a brand new season.

Edited by CardinalSin

Mike Bacon has tweeted that there will be a meeting on March 22nd, when Newport should have been the visitors, details to follow.