British Speedway Forum

A few tweets going around that the team will be announced in full tomorrow.

If true, this will tie in with Dakota North's comment that he will also say who he is riding for on Friday.

So 2 + 2 = 41.27????!!!!!!!!

Interesting to note that all the averages in the "confirmed line ups" section on the BSPA website have been removed both in the PL & NsEL sections. Me thinks something is afoot!!

This has also happened in the NL 2012 line ups as well.

I'm sure that many others would buy season tickets if this was the case. Most people if they can go on holiday in the summer and this makes a season ticket poor value. If you could lend it out then more would consider it. I know people would say that regulars would swop tickets as and when they were away and sure this would happen, but you would get loads more money up front and you would get loads more money of fans like me. People that love speedway, but hate the cold on the heath. There must be loads of meetings that take place that I miss due to the weather, each one is a buy lost.

Yes quite agree with your sentiments. What do it matter if A lent his season ticket to B if they cant make that particular meeting. This is the reason I will never buy a season ticket as there is no way I can manage to go to every home meeting.

Another tweet from North that he'll have news tomorrow so if it's true the Witches line up will be revealed tomorrow, it must be him.

Delighted if that's the case.

So the favourite looks to be Dekota North for the final place along with Tress,Risager and Poole. Who if this is the case will ride at no5 then? That will mean a ride in the crucial heat 13 along with Doolan. Cant help thinking whoever it is, many other teams have a better twosome in this heat and also heat 15. When the top average rider in the side is Doolan with 7.19 it worries me just like last season, the Witches will dip out in these 2 heats and that will be costly with those vital points lost. Perhaps nearly all the side will up their averages and atone for this weakness but who knows.

I think North will improve next year no end,especially around Foxhall,pretty sure he's 5

So the favourite looks to be Dekota North for the final place along with Tress,Risager and Poole. Who if this is the case will ride at no5 then? That will mean a ride in the crucial heat 13 along with Doolan. Cant help thinking whoever it is, many other teams have a better twosome in this heat and also heat 15. When the top average rider in the side is Doolan with 7.19 it worries me just like last season, the Witches will dip out in these 2 heats and that will be costly with those vital points lost. Perhaps nearly all the side will up their averages and atone for this weakness but who knows.

Well, it will be good if at least three or four can up their averages - especially Doolan at the top end of the side - and possibly Tresarrieu with a chance to ride a full season (the way that he passed Nieminen twice at Leicester was not just classy, it also took the wee-wee out of a very experienced EL standard rider). Heats 13 & 15 are there to be won, just as heats 1 to 12 and 14.

Unlike some people on this forum, I do not consider trophies as the be-all-and-end-all - speedway is an entertainment.

We won't know until the wheels start turning, but I think the 2012 Sackers Witches are already lining up to be a very exciting bunch, and potentially a successful team too.

Thers are definitely 2 types of fans..one type goes to see RACING & hope their team wins but does not mind losing if they have seen good racing (& may even go to "neutral" track just for that reason). There are, sadly, also those who just go to WIN at all costs...racing may be awful but "We Won"! we can guess sometimes who fits which catergory!

Edited by icicle

Well, it will be good if at least three or four can up their averages - especially Doolan at the top end of the side - and possibly Tresarrieu with a chance to ride a full season (the way that he passed Nieminen twice at Leicester was not just classy, it also took the wee-wee out of a very experienced EL standard rider). Heats 13 & 15 are there to be won, just as heats 1 to 12 and 14.

Unlike some people on this forum, I do not consider trophies as the be-all-and-end-all - speedway is an entertainment.

We won't know until the wheels start turning, but I think the 2012 Sackers Witches are already lining up to be a very exciting bunch, and potentially a successful team too.

Pretty much the same here,I'd go for better racing,and a team of boys who get stuck in try every timethis team looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action,North at home in particular,and Heeps,should be a good team spirit too

Pretty much the same here,I'd go for better racing,and a team of boys who get stuck in try every timethis team looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action,North at home in particular,and Heeps,should be a good team spirit too

Heeps looks an awesome talent, but the one to watch out for is Rohan Tungate. I saw him in the midland 4's and he look very very quick, better than nick Morris on the night. Some clubs are lucky to have one decent reserve, Ipswich have two and that will see you at the top end of the league.

North was the best visiting rider all season he was incredible for Somerset. Hope it's him

• Like 1

Mike_Bacon Mike Bacon

#speedway In Friday's Ipswich Ev Star EXCLUSIVE - WITCHES 2012 TEAM announced. PLUS Chris Louis gives me thoughts on each signing #mustread

Well I think everyone knows it already. Looks a super side to me with big improvement in a lot of riders. I actually think the big improvers will come from those that everyone else will least expect it.

I think Doolan on brand new machinery will prove to be an excellent number 1, and Risager in his second season will up his average considerably after getting over a horrific hand injury this year.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

Well I think everyone knows it already. Looks a super side to me with big improvement in a lot of riders. I actually think the big improvers will come from those that everyone else will least expect it.

I think Doolan on brand new machinery will prove to be an excellent number 1, and Risager in his second season will up his average considerably after getting over a horrific hand injury this year.

Looking good if North is the final piece in the jigsaw. I'm sure all have the potential to up their averages. Just got a sneaky feeling that we may see the greatest increase from RIsager, at his age and with his EL experience he should be running rings round some of these young upstarts. How good would it be if we had 5 or 6 riders in the top 20 averages, unlike last year where we had 2, and they only scraped in.

Regarding the number five slot, opportunity knocks for everyone bar Doolan really. One could argue that if Poole or North in particular are going to progress in the sport then their third year in the PL should be one where they start knocking on the door of a 7-8 point average.

Regarding the number five slot, opportunity knocks for everyone bar Doolan really. One could argue that if Poole or North in particular are going to progress in the sport then their third year in the PL should be one where they start knocking on the door of a 7-8 point average.

I agree it's time both of them really stepped it up a gear and they are both talented enough to do so. I've a sneaky feeling that at least one of the reserves will overtake them.

North was the best visiting rider all season he was incredible for Somerset. Hope it's him

Agreed, although Matej Kus also really impressed me at Foxhall.

The team looks strong throughout, if confirmed as thoughts suggest on here. Yes we may not have that out and out top end Heat 13 strength, certainly not on paper at the start of the season, but any one of 5 riders look capable of stepping up to an 8+ average given an injury and mechanical gremlin free season.

I’d be extremely pleased with that team, perhaps Tres wouldn’t have been my first choice and I would have liked to have seen Bjerre back in 2012 but it is a highly competitive team, the spine of which have now competed together in the PL coupled with one of, if not the best visiting rider of 2011 and two highly regarded young Aussies at reserve.

Ron

• Like 1