British Speedway Forum

Having said that Bagpuss, Jonathan said in the PR re the PotE that the Young Gun meeting wasn't well attended, I can't remember there being anything in the EDP about it though, you won't get the fans to support it if you don't advertise/push it. I remain shocked that they got the start marshall (please don't take offence m8!!) to present the trophy, or did he buy it perhaps?? Not forgetting the 50p A4 effort of a "programme" ........... oh dear oh dear :(

Perhaps the football is taking up too much time, obviously the Chapman's time is thinner with both clubs to run :(

Having said that Bagpuss, Jonathan said in the PR re the PotE that the Young Gun meeting wasn't well attended, I can't remember there being anything in the EDP about it though, you won't get the fans to support it if you don't advertise/push it. I remain shocked that they got the start marshall (please don't take offence m8!!) to present the trophy, or did he buy it perhaps?? Not forgetting the 50p A4 effort of a "programme" ........... oh dear oh dear :(

Perhaps the football is taking up too much time, obviously the Chapman's time is thinner with both clubs to run :(

also by holding the meeting 24hrs before elrc is a crazy idea it should of been held on the last day of the season or even the last weekend of the season

also by holding the meeting 24hrs before elrc is a crazy idea it should of been held on the last day of the season or even the last weekend of the season

Not such a crazy idea if the "top boys" are over here for the ELRC ........... having said that the plan failed miserably!!

Not such a crazy idea if the "top boys" are over here for the ELRC ........... having said that the plan failed miserably!!

Problem is "the big boys" like to ride for big money and it doesn't sound as if that was the case for this meeting, and Lasse will be lining up for the Witches that evening, although I appreciate he is PL really, so probably sensible that it was cancelled, this is most definitely the down side to EL racing, a stop start season with too few meetings, meaning your season finished a while ago.

I just don't buy that at all Trees, things have gone smoothly all year and one cancelled meeting doesn't mean the football club has suddenly started to take priority. People blamed the FC last season when the Stars weren't having a good season, it seems to me like its an easy excuse. The Chapmans have much more about them and have enough good people around them than to let the two projects hinder eachother.

I just don't buy that at all Trees, things have gone smoothly all year and one cancelled meeting doesn't mean the football club has suddenly started to take priority.

What was the reason given for KL not being in the KO Cup?

I don't think we ever got a proper explanation for that mate. It was pretty much swept under the carpet.

I don't think we ever got a proper explanation for that mate. It was pretty much swept under the carpet.

Nothing new there then where the BSPA are concerned... :rofl::wink::P:lol:

I hadn't noticed before now, but I see there is still 'Pride of the Midlands' on at Leicester that night.

Deadbeet fans may be interested in this:

http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk:80/teams/kings-lynn-stars/king_s_lynn_scrap_pride_of_the_east_1_1080479

So if you want to see a top quality individual meeting (following the success of The Star of Anglia, earlier in the season) get yourselves down to Foxhall on Thursday 27th October for the 16 Lapper.

Failing that I look forward to Suffolk / Norfolk hostilities being reconvened on Good Friday 2012.

The 16 lapper is something I've not been to before and really should make the effort to get to, I remember seeing it on Anglia TV on 'Wheels' in the eighties :D

Edited by Bagpuss

was planning on going to POE as the season finished way too early - especially after the weather we had at the weekend. Be interesting to see who is in the U23 match.....may well have to go that instead and maybe even the 16-lapper...not been to that one for years (or ipswich come to think of it, certainly not since the track was reshaped/improved)

and it doesn't sound as if that was the case for this meeting

Hmmm ............ the understatement if what I've been told is the truth, no wonder there's no PotE :(

Am I the only one thinking perfect evening for PotE been a fantastic day here perfect day for fans traveling as well such a Shame it was called off .