British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish Elite League Play-offs And Play-outs

Well done to Piraterna! Even though I was supporting Indianerna the better team won over the two legs. They have really surprised me all season as I classed them as underdogs but they have fought hard all year!

What a year for Greg Hancock, World Champion and winning the Polish and Swedish Elite League titles!! :lol:

Stunning end to the season a great year of Swedish speedway.

Stunning end to the season a great year of Swedish speedway.

and nice to see the fireworks at the end despite the home team losing !!

Great racing and hard luck to the Indians when they lost Sullivan yesterday, the innocent victim.

For me the the defining moment tonight was when Pedersen was suckered into the tapes by Daniel Davidsson in the second reserves race.

What on the night was looking like a 5 - 1 to the home team, ended up a 5 - 1 to the Pirates.

Wonder if the British Pirates will match their Swedish counterparts on Monday :wink:

Well done to Piraterna! Even though I was supporting Indianerna the better team won over the two legs. They have really surprised me all season as I classed them as underdogs but they have fought hard all year!

What a year for Greg Hancock, World Champion and winning the Polish and Swedish Elite League titles!! :lol:

well Piraterna won but i think that Sullivans abcense in yesterday meeting meant allot for the final score.

what i mean is that we don't know if the best team won since Indianerna never got the chance to prove themselves yesterday since Ryan crashed already in his first heat.

Also of course Indianerna (Bjarne) also lost it in ht11. But Normally 6p would have been enough.

On a side note tonight's meeting its a big "Long finger" to those who claim that only short tracks can produce good speedway.

Kumla is by many (me included) considered to be one of the best, if not THE best track in Sweden. So Anders i hope you and

Vetlandas track staff were watching coz' you sure got allot to learn about how to make a good racers track. ;)

Edited by Ghostwalker

Having been to both Vetlanda & Kumla a few times the track at Kumla has quite steep banking on the bends where as Vetlanda is flat all the way round also the Kumla track is quite grippy as apposed to the sand like consistancy of Vetlanda's track. The races are won and lost comming out of the second bend on the first lap at Vetlanda, although I do love watching speedway at both venue's. Sorry to hear about Ryan's crash, Get Well Soon Ryan.

So Anders i hope you and Vetlandas track staff were watching coz' you sure got allot to learn about how to make a good racers track. ;)

Nope, how could I? I'm being told over and over again how God awful horrible it is in Vetlanda, which obviously must mean that every other track produce incredible racing in e-v-e-r-y heat on e-v-e-r-y race day. However, as I'm building up those expectations of 15 heats of world class speedway, those expectations can never hold up, and I would end up disappointed. Can't be worth it.

(Or possible it was because of the fact that I don't have the channel at home and can't be bothered to visit someone who does, because it's late on the season and I'm pretty fed up with speedway. I'm not watching the final GP on Saturday either, as I'll be going to ice hockey instead, at the Ericsson Globe Arena BTW)

On the subject of track conditions, our track staff don't need instructions how to prepare a track. We are NOT one of those clubs who have had to postponed/abandone a meeting this year because of bad track conditions (in good weather). A ploughed field doesn't necessary mean good speedway (the best meeting I've seen this year was at a slick track), and I highly suspect it would make the speedway look more like roadracing around Vetlanda than anything else. I would suggest that the shape of the track is our biggest problem, but it's not that easy/cheap to alter, considering drainage and such. We are looking into it, and have done for years, but we don't have endless pockets to dig from, despite what everyone thinks.