British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish Elite League Play-offs And Play-outs

That is what I hate about airfences, they suck the riders in especially as the airfence meets the wooden fence out of the corners. Normally it catches the bikes and the riders flip over their handlebars!!

Hope Norby is ok.....

Just got in and tried to get a stream in all my usual places but no joy, can someone please send me a link? Thanks

Not sure why such secrecy is around today, the tried and trusted Polish site is up and running and the Sopcast link i just tried on it was fine. By the way, there was an interval in the speedway. I think it's clearly the football authorities cracking down and the speedway feeds getting caught up simply because they are on the same site. However, it is heart-warming to see speedway fans getting wise and using PM's etc. My goodness we'll make urban warfare guerrillas and anarchists out of you all yet lol.

In the interests of others (i'm watching it on tv) i decided to click on a non-Sopcast link to see if i could get you an address. Normally, i run any internet streams link through a minimum of 4 security portals etc. But as i'm busy i thought i'd take a chance to grab you a quick feed and lo and behold my computer was attacked with an intrusion attempt amongst other things. Fortunately, nothing whatsoever got through.

A reminder for those who use Sopcast always opt for the anonymous option. I've used Sopcast for a good few years and quite heavily at times. I've never had an attack of any sort. So long as you have an anti-virus and use your pop-up blocker one should be fine. Although, i have never ever clicked on a chinese or russian feed lol.

Oh well setting the rest of the speedway on to record now as i want to watch two Champions League matches at once.

Whilst i'm happy to pay the subscription fee for a high quality tv picture, i think i'd now prefer a Polish internet feed even though i don't understand a word of the language, reason being the Premier Sports commentator has really fallen out of favour with me now.

He seemed to have eased up recently on his inane use of the word 'split' to describe a heat result. What's wrong with it's a '5-1' '4-2' etc., or even a '5-1 heat win' Do you ever hear split used in such a way for sports? Did you hear the other week commentators and reporters saying Manchester United SPLIT Arsenal 8-2?. Or during this weekend's match it's 'Manchester United with a 3-0 SPLIT over Bolton' and 'Rooney makes it a 5-0 Split to Manchester United'. Do tennis players split a set 6-4? I think he comes from a Rugby background but i've never heard anyone on tv say 'It's a 18-12 split to Bath over Munster'.

But what's really irking me now is......referring to the riders being in SLOT 3 or SLOT 2.....for flipping heck's sake! Why does he seem determined to make himself unpopular by entering a sport and ignoring the set terminology that has existed for decades and decide to apply his own???

Oh yeah, please God, as i don't want to put an axe through my telly, don't let him refer to a 'speedway DRIVER' again. Riders ride bikes and drivers drive cars.

grrrRRRR LOL.

I love the commentator for Premier Sports, can we have him taking over from the Polish commentators, at least I know what is happening! Moreover he would do a great job taking over from Tatum and Pearson, at least he will be non biased!

Slot 2 is a classic.

I love it when he is saying 4-2 split and moreover when the team mates are challenging each other for the lead, no team riding exists, LOL!

anyway watching the interval entertainment on Canal+, Some nice classic pictures and good to see that many legends at the same place at the same time. :D

That made feel queasy, almost had to kill the stream

Did Gollob even finish the race before for a point?

Yes. Alan.

Zorro Blue G4, Gollob Red G2, Kylmä White G1, Antonio Yellow G3

Edited by Ghostwalker

"Gollob in the red cap". Indeed! :lol:

Take care all. The Mighty Smederna tomorrow :t:

Alan.

wonder what happened with Hammarby? four straight 1-5s?

But what a great performance by Indianerna.

wonder what happened with Hammarby? four straight 1-5s?

But what a great performance by Indianerna.

Absolutely!Indianerna were quite superb!!

set up to be a cracker

With the return of "Ole man" Greg. :t:

With the return of "Ole man" Greg. :t:

well i'm pretty sure that Ole Bramserud have nothing to do with Greg. ;)

well i'm pretty sure that Ole Bramserud have nothing to do with Greg. ;)

I had to look this up, because i'm an "ole fart" who hasn't seen the Swedish movie "Sällskapsresan," which introduced this character. He later found work as Eddie Kennett's mechanic :lol: and will be spannering for "ole Greg" next Tuesday :cheers:

Join you tomorrow for the second leg, though i fear without Thomas Smederna have two chances -slim and none :lol:

All the best. Alan.