British Speedway Forum

What makes you say there will be no "home town" contender?

What about the wildcard?

Isn't Ricky Wells a New Zealander by birth?

Isn't Ricky Wells a New Zealander by birth?

Yes he is and if it is going to be a New Zealander then Ricky is probably the best of the bunch.

And then watch all those Yanks claim him back for the day!!! ;)

Flights and GP Tickets booked, and more importantly wife getting shipped of to a friends for the evening.

78 days and counting :t:

• Like 1

Didnt expect that!!!! :o :o

He is probably a better bet than any of the Kiwi's to be honest... whilst I can see possibly Grant Tregoning plus 1 other as reserve (I would have said Andy Aldridge but don't know if he'll be fit in time!)

Surely the most ludicrous Wildcard pick of all time?

Surely the most ludicrous Wildcard pick of all time?

Surely the proof if anyone needed it that BSI have let someone make the decision who shouldnt have done.

Massive step backwards in my opinion.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Bunyan! Bunyan? Bunyan :rofl:

April the 1st came early has it. Nothing against the lad but come on top riders in the world (well some of them) and now bunyan.

Bunyan! Bunyan? Bunyan :rofl:

April the 1st came early has it. Nothing against the lad but come on top riders in the world (well some of them) and now bunyan.

Totally agree. There have been some stupid decisions made by those running Speedway over the years but this ranks right up there! May as well just have three riders in 5 heats!

Not the worst wildcard pick ever. How many times have we had to endure Carpanese in the Italian GP? Would say Bunyan is a better rider than him.

• Like 1

Does anyone seriously think it was going to be a top Euorpean performer? To send out there equipment to NZ for one meeting which in the grand scheme of things wont mean too much to them. The logistics of it meant that i thought it would be an Aussie or someone who rides in NZ regulary ie Bunyan (6 times NZ champ) or Ricky Wells who was born there i think. Bunyan is well known for speedway in NZ so not the worst pick for tickets sales to the locals!

• Like 1

Its okay Sky will build him up as New Zealands MULTI National champion to make him sound world class