British Speedway Forum

Fair play if its a stipulation from the NZ govt.I wasnt aware of that.I suppose it is rather naive to expect the sporting side of matters to be more important than money and politics in this day and age. :sad:

Just think of how many riders turned down a wild card spot before Llung because money and politics is more important to them.

That's all well and good, but how do you think this may make the people of NZ perceive their Speedway? - their multi-times national champion is likely to be 1/4 of a lap behind!

I HAVE a pretty good take on it given that Larry Ross is my brother-in-law and I count both Briggo and Ivan as good mates. The Kiwis will not expect Bunyan to pick up many points but will see it as getting some NZ representation in international speedway again and while they have a very long haul ahead of them it is a start.

There is a plan for a few of their youngsters to have a session with World Champion Greg Hancock at unofficial practice on the Thursday prior to the GP and hopefully the presence of Moore, Briggs and Mauger will be a big boost as well.

Just think of how many riders turned down a wild card spot before Llung because money and politics is more important to them.

Ljung was not given a wildcard he was put into the GP as a qualifier he was 6th in Vetlanda

I have the greatest respect for all riders, Jason Bunyan included. My initial reaction is that he will struggle in such company, and probably in his thoughts as well. I hope that he's given some support machinery wise,

Rumour has it he's using Steve Boxall's 2011 bikes

ive got nothing against jason but the credibility of speedway is a stake here (if it has any left), if its about putting bums on seats then get Justin Bieber to ride , he will get 1000s of screaming girls to attend :lol: ,this is selling speedway down the river , this is the world championship ,its a competition to find the best speedway rider in the world, what bsi do about promoting the gps should have no influence on the riders who ride in it

ive got nothing against jason but the credibility of speedway is a stake here (if it has any left), if its about putting bums on seats then get Justin Bieber to ride , he will get 1000s of screaming girls to attend :lol: ,this is selling speedway down the river , this is the world championship ,its a competition to find the best speedway rider in the world, what bsi do about promoting the gps should have no influence on the riders who ride in it

This thing happening in the sport, shows as Parsloes and others say is it a proper world championships?Commercial reasons and whoever puts the money up front for this meeting shouldnt come into it, a farce in my opinion.

THIS is speedway we are talking about. Not soccer, tennis or golf. The commercial aspect has to come into it whether we (and I include myself in that) like it or not. In an ideal world this might not be the case but in the real world sadly it is.

THIS is speedway we are talking about. Not soccer, tennis or golf. The commercial aspect has to come into it whether we (and I include myself in that) like it or not. In an ideal world this might not be the case but in the real world sadly it is.

then if your right , dont bother sending any riders half way round the world , iron maiden will be touring there soon just get them to play , the stadium will be packed and bsi will make a fortune , the gp is just turning into xfactor on bikes ,

Dont agree the spectacle and product should be anough to sell the sport ,are they going to put strippers on in the interval to bring more people in.Really disappointed the sports not going in the right direction for me.

Dont agree the spectacle and product should be anough to sell the sport ,are they going to put strippers on in the interval to bring more people in.Really disappointed the sports not going in the right direction for me.

and going by the crowds , speedway is not going in the right direction for a lot of people

and going by the crowds , speedway is not going in the right direction for a lot of people

The Dean Machine what are you disappointed most about Speedway? I am disappointed with our elite league also younger english riders not coming through.I am not to bothered about the gps just worried about british speedway in general no long term thought or strategy.

So its the NZ governments demands. How much do the Welsh government pump into the Cardiff GP? Time to demand a Welsh rider I think. Congrats James White-Williams on your wildcard! In fact, I've ridden a speedway bike, I live less than a mile from the stadium how about I get te wild card for Cardiff? After all, the amount of meetings I've been to in my 27 years I've pumped a lot of money into British Speedway too. There probably only 2 or 3 Welsh riders better than me anyway.

Just seen this, someone tell me this is a joke. bunyan in a gp!

I think the bunyan on me grans foot will get more points than he will.

Use to have a lot of respect for the gp people but not anymore. give umm 10 years tops till its finished unless img sell it on to someone with a clue.

always comes back to the commercial side phil. i think the commercial side of bsi/img is badly run. this is mainly down to the people in that department. about time paul sorted them out.

I have to say , hearing that Bunyan is to be the GP wildcard made me chuckle .