British Speedway Forum

We get into Auckland Friday afternoon so can't wait..... At least it's only a domestic flight to do... know of a few guys coming up from Christchurch... some that haven't been to Speedway for years.... and I mean years!!! :D

Also introducing the better half to GP Speedway after getting her interested at Brandon last year on our trip over :D

Thats what we like to hear...getting some supporters returning (never mind how many years!) to Speedway. You won't regret the trip and only wish I could be there to see this. Ah well thank goodness for Sky and the early morning alarm!! :party:

Great video on Speedwaygp.com showing the packing of trunks with bikes and equipment to ship to NZ.....just proves the effort thats going into making this a success..Good Luck to all the Riders and put us on a Great show!!

Edited by emerald tyke
  • Like 1

FIRST practice session this afternoon - under a blazing sun - went really well and all the riders without exception were in awe of the track. "Best I have ever ridden," said Greg Hancock. It wasn't easy to keep the surface moist today despite one of the best water trucks you are likely to see on a speedway track. The sun here is extremely powerful, especially between the hours of 1pm and 3pm.

Tomorrow's session will take place later (3-5) and, of course, Saturday's event starts at 4pm. Looks as though racing will be fast and furious.

Ivan Mauger made his first appearance today, spotted Mitch Shirra too and I am sure on Saturday there will be a whole host of former Kiwi stars, such as Ronnie Moore, Geoff Mardon and Larry Ross, here as well.

• Like 1

FIRST practice session this afternoon - under a blazing sun - went really well and all the riders without exception were in awe of the track. "Best I have ever ridden," said Greg Hancock. It wasn't easy to keep the surface moist today despite one of the best water trucks you are likely to see on a speedway track. The sun here is extremely powerful, especially between the hours of 1pm and 3pm.

Tomorrow's session will take place later (3-5) and, of course, Saturday's event starts at 4pm. Looks as though racing will be fast and furious.

Ivan Mauger made his first appearance today, spotted Mitch Shirra too and I am sure on Saturday there will be a whole host of former Kiwi stars, such as Ronnie Moore, Geoff Mardon and Larry Ross, here as well.

sounds pretty good ;) maybe i should of gone :cry: lets hope bacon balls gets on the rostrum :t:

sounds pretty good ;) maybe i should of gone :cry:

D'you need a lift? :rofl:

D'you need a lift? :rofl:

Enjoy yourself big chap sounds like the track is a goodun'.

Enjoy yourself big chap sounds like the track is a goodun'.

G'day Tomasz, hope yer well?

I'm sharing an apartment with Lunchy, and the Kirbies & Marge are in the same hotel - what on earth could go wrong?

(Answers on a postcard please, or write to this address!)

Glorious day in Auckland! Can't wait for the official practice this afternoon :)

G'day Tomasz, hope yer well?

I'm sharing an apartment with Lunchy, and the Kirbies & Marge are in the same hotel - what on earth could go wrong?

(Answers on a postcard please, or write to this address!)

I'm doing very well, thanks.

Say hello to the wee man and the rest of the bunch for me....

'..what on earth could go wrong?'

The apartment wouldn't happen to have a balcony similar to the Royal Arms? lol

Enjoy

OFFICIAL practice went very well, too, and many of the guys didn't even bother to take their full quota of outings. All (bar Bunyan) have just two bikes here but many have five engines! However, it is almost a mile round four laps of Western Springs, flat out all the way, and Sayfutindov, for example, had only two runs today.

There was some cloud cover for most of practice and the track, which had been heavily watered beforehand, required only the occasional sprinkle. Still very smooth and all the riders In spoke to on the shuttle bus to the hotel were very happy still.

Quite a gathering of spectators there as well. Mostly Aussies it seems who have mounted a mini-invasion across the Tasman Sea. The Monster girls made their first appearances this afternoon ... still trying to get my heart rate down.

In Hong Kong, getting ever closer :drink: