British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

Kauko Nieminen 7.53

Aaron Summers 7.49

Already signed for Redcar again

Has the 2.5% reduction for British riders been scrapped now then?? It certainly hasnt been deducted from the Rockets riders averages (Nelson excluded of course). If that reduction still exists we would be a whopping 3.2 points under the limit!!! :mad: We could then sacrifice Hawkins or Bowen for an 8+ point rider instead of only a measly 7+ point rider!!! I will keep dreaming!! :D

Yes it has been scrapped. Breaks EU rules I believe. Can't believe Len has wasted pts again. Wonder if Boxall was in his thoughts before the 2.5% reduction was removed at the AGM.

I see that Somerset have announced no increase in prices, still £14.

Edited by iand

Predictable crap from Silver. Decent reserve pairing, if Bunyan is fit, and Nelson should continue to improve, but not alot else to get anyone excited.

Neath on a big average due to home scores mainly, but too poor on the road for him to be at no.1 Frampton wasn't interested after halfway through last season. Clearly doesn't get on with the Rye track and would have been best for both parties to part ways.

Bowen and Hawkins are just nonsensical and sum Silver up. Offer nothing, but are cheap and will turn up and not cause problems as riders of their severely limited ability are just happy to have a job.

Could have accepted one if Silver had used the rest of the points on a rider like Pontus Aspergren, Auty etc, but he's not even got near the limit for about 4 years in a row now.

I fear for the club as crowds were well down went i stopped going after Len basically told the fans to f off in May and would only have got worse as the season progressed.

Does this side with the likes of Bowen, Hawkins, a not interested Frampton and Bunyan coming back from two very serious injuries in two years make me or the hundreds of fans who stopped attending make a comeback? No is the likely answer I'm afraid.

Silver just goes on proving his time was up three or four years ago now. The sooner he sells up or passes it on the better.

Edited by Chris

Predictable crap from Silver. Decent reserve pairing, if Bunyan is fit, and Nelson should continue to improve, but not alot else to get anyone excited.

Neath on a big average due to home scores mainly, but too poor on the road for him to be at no.1 Frampton wasn't interested after halfway through last season. Clearly doesn't get on with the Rye track and would have been best for both parties to part ways.

Bowen and Hawkins are just nonsensical and sum Silver up. Offer nothing, but are cheap and will turn up and not cause problems as riders of their severely limited ability are just happy to have a job.

Could have accepted one if Silver had used the rest of the points on a rider like Pontus Aspergren, Auty etc, but he's not even got near the limit for about 4 years in a row now.

I fear for the club as crowds were well down went i stopped going after Len basically told the fans to f off in May and would only have got worse as the season progressed.

Does this side with the likes of Bowen, Hawkins, a not interested Frampton and Bunyan coming back from two very serious injuries in two years make me or the hundreds of fans who stopped attending make a comeback? No is the likely answer I'm afraid.

Silver just goes on proving his time was up three or four years ago now. The sooner he sells up or passes it on the better.

What I like about you Chris is that you don’t pull any punchers. :lol:

Basically I agree with you but I may have been a tad more diplomatic. :P

I see Somerset have already announced their prices as £14 next year – will be interesting to see what the prices at Rye are?

Yep a post from Chris. And who says the season of goodwill is nt upon us.

The thing that is wrong with the team is that if Garrity was the final target he should have dropped Richie and gone for a bigger hitter.

That being said every rider bar Neath has room to improve their averages including Richie.

Why dont we just give them a bit of a chance on the track before we slag them off?

Yep a post from Chris. And who says the season of goodwill is nt upon us.

The thing that is wrong with the team is that if Garrity was the final target he should have dropped Richie and gone for a bigger hitter.

That being said every rider bar Neath has room to improve their averages including Richie.

Why dont we just give them a bit of a chance on the track before we slag them off?

Totally agree

Getting a bit tired of the negativity from certain people. Next years team has plenty of room for improvement on current averages and seven riders who want to ride for the club

Neath -

exceptional 2011 season should maintain average there or thereabouts Mr Rocket say no more

Bowen -

hope for an injury free season will improve average, cut him in half he'll bleed blue and yellow

Hawkins -

Had slow start to last season with machinery issues/new track, great middle order man every team needs a Ritchie Hawkins solid home and away

Frampton -

Had a difficult campaign last year, great at home even better away and a tougher rider you couldn't wish to meet on track

Nelson -

Slow start to 2011 but once machinery issues and track knowledge, team riding fell into place a totally different rider, say no more just a huge talent that when nurtured can go a long way

Bunyan-

Difficult couple of years with injury if fully fit will ride any track big or small and score points, Mr entertainment, oh and on that average an absolute bargain!!!

Garrity-

Great signing knows and rides the track well massive prospect and entertaining to say the least

Yes we are 2.33 under the limit and we could of signed such and such rider, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes and the kind of demands certain linked riders were making, if all the pieces fall into place and a good team spirit grows with a strong reserve pairing all season then that team has everything needed to do very well.

Its time to get behind them!!

Totally agree

Getting a bit tired of the negativity from certain people. Next years team has plenty of room for improvement on current averages and seven riders who want to ride for the club

Neath -

exceptional 2011 season should maintain average there or thereabouts Mr Rocket say no more

Bowen -

hope for an injury free season will improve average, cut him in half he'll bleed blue and yellow

Hawkins -

Had slow start to last season with machinery issues/new track, great middle order man every team needs a Ritchie Hawkins solid home and away

Frampton -

Had a difficult campaign last year, great at home even better away and a tougher rider you couldn't wish to meet on track

Nelson -

Slow start to 2011 but once machinery issues and track knowledge, team riding fell into place a totally different rider, say no more just a huge talent that when nurtured can go a long way

Bunyan-

Difficult couple of years with injury if fully fit will ride any track big or small and score points, Mr entertainment, oh and on that average an absolute bargain!!!

Garrity-

Great signing knows and rides the track well massive prospect and entertaining to say the least

Yes we are 2.33 under the limit and we could of signed such and such rider, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes and the kind of demands certain linked riders were making, if all the pieces fall into place and a good team spirit grows with a strong reserve pairing all season then that team has everything needed to do very well.

Its time to get behind them!!

Good post..(I am nothing to do with Rye House Speedway just some one who enjoys the sport).....OK we are under the limit but unless you know how much each available rider is demanding and how much they are for sale and anything else they are demanding from a new team, no one has the right to say, they should of gone for this rider, they should of gone for that rider. The rumour mill has certainly been working over time this year.Yes every one has an the right to an opinion but, does anyone else think its about time to stop moaning about the whole Rye House team and get behind the guys because i for one think this is a better team than we had last year and has the prospect to do very well indeed. Come on The Rockets :t:

Also good to see little Ben Morley back next year at Rye House all beit for the Raiders

I dont think everyone who is moaning about the points limit is knocking the riders selected. Im not and I will back them during the season. Its the management that is annoying people by continually selecting teams way under the points limit. I am certain that 90% of the PL teams will have a team strength of less than 1 point below the limit and we will have the lowest averaged team. To me thats not acceptable. Its like saying to Arsene Wenger you can have Van Persie up front and him saying "No its ok I'll stick with Bendtner".

And dazzawoki saying that Bunyan is on an "absolute bargain average" is true but that bargain average is of no use to us now cos we havent used the points his artificially low average has saved. We may as well have signed him on a 7 point average.

I find it hard to belive that any Rockets fan would not want one of the 7 riders named sacrificed for a rider with an average that is over 2 points greater! I will back the riders selected but Im annoyed by the fact that we are throwing away the chance to have a stronger and hopefully more succesful team.

I dont think everyone who is moaning about the points limit is knocking the riders selected. Im not and I will back them during the season. Its the management that is annoying people by continually selecting teams way under the points limit. I am certain that 90% of the PL teams will have a team strength of less than 1 point below the limit and we will have the lowest averaged team. To me thats not acceptable. Its like saying to Arsene Wenger you can have Van Persie up front and him saying "No its ok I'll stick with Bendtner".

it isn’t really like that though is it.

Rye have a decent enough balance to their side IMO, they will be hard to beat at home and competitive away.

People saying they won’t be competitive on the road? They have 4 out of 7 riders that will cause Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow problems around their own tracks, if you have half a side capable of mixing it around they three tracks you will mix it around most places, decent blend of big tracks, small track, slick tracks and grippy track riders.

They have signed a mix of exciting riders and riders that will win meetings at home, Nelson, Frampton, Bunyan and Garrity will give you 4 laps more often not, and so will Hawkins who despite having suffered some horrific injuries during his career is still an entertainer.

Silver gets stick every season for his team building but still proves the punters to be wrong more often than not.

I don’t think their team looks like the “cheap and easy” option.

I wouldn’t be shocked if other clubs had been trying to turn Nelsons head elsewhere, and Bunyan and Garrity would have been two of the in demand riders over the winter, so it does look like Len has stuck his hand in his pocket.

So maybe he did take a decision to keep Hawkins to subsidize the payment being made to keep Bunyan, Garrity and Nelson – if the three of them add 4 points to their combined averages come the end of the season, he will have justified his decision, and will have Rye in a decent league position.

It is easy to say on a forum that a side should be stronger, isn’t as easy on the bank balance.

Rye fans seem to have complained about lack of entertainment over the last few years, looking at their side on paper Silver has listened to the fans.

Edited by wjm

And dazzawoki saying that Bunyan is on an "absolute bargain average" is true but that bargain average is of no use to us now cos we havent used the points his artificially low average has saved. We may as well have signed him on a 7 point average.

I find it hard to belive that any Rockets fan would not want one of the 7 riders named sacrificed for a rider with an average that is over 2 points greater! I will back the riders selected but Im annoyed by the fact that we are throwing away the chance to have a stronger and hopefully more succesful team.

As I have said before, who is this 7 point rider who could have been signed instead because I can't find him.

This team may not have "champions" written all over it but, i'm surprised the people that are moaning are not more excited about Garrity and Bunyan's inclusion! I would have thought they would have been seen as excellent signings. If crowd levels are constantly dipping Len cant just keep spending mega bucks if the income doesnt support it. If Rye shut down because the promoter constantly spent beyond his means, all those moaners would soon wish that Rye had a team of ANY 7 riders for us to watch! As for Chris' comment " the sooner he sells up the better "......really? The guy that gave us speedway back at Rye and has kept the club on an even keel ever since? The guy that showed his commitmnent by buying the stadium and has delivered a trophy count in that time that MOST other PL clubs would be seriously envious of? Be careful what you wish for. I wasnt at the meeting where you say he told the fans to eff off (hardly likely), but i bet if you'd put the time and money into the club that he has you'd be a bit miffed too. He may have been in the wrong on that occasion, but maybe its forgivable looking at the bigger picture. Besides, who is it exactly that you think would buy the club and do a better job? There are plenty of other clubs with far less savvy promoters that have a big question mark over their very existence every winter! THAT is the bottom line. Its lovely if your promoter delivers the exact team you would wish for, but its much better being safe in the knowledge that your beloved club will be running every year. :)

• Like 1

I wasnt at the meeting where you say he told the fans to eff off (hardly likely),

The actual words were "It's my team and I do what I want, if you don't like it don't come"

....and that's exactly what people did - stayed away? :shock:

For me the problems were caused by charging Elite league prices for a no better than average premier team and then charging sky high prices for the NL. ( He then made the team even weaker by dropping Doyle for Boxall)

IMHO by keeping 5 of the team from this year then you appear to be staying with the "No better than avaerage" team

Having said that I will give the team a chance and evaluate my attendance after the first month and yes I am looking forward to seeing both Garrity and Bunyan :t:

I'm not overly excited with this line up, but certainly better than I expected... Disappointing not to see the young Swede Pontius Aspgren, but if he was asking for silly money as reported then Len was quite right to look elsewhere... Definite improvements from Jason Bunyan and Nelson and I'll be looking for Jordan Frampton to put at least half a point on his average... Looking forward to see how Jason Garrity progresses.. Not a league winning side by any means, but a in with a decent shout of a top 6 finish... I'll certainly be there for the first few fixtures to see how the side progresses, but will think very hard about my attendance should admission prices rise