British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

Meant to say NOT the reason the club folded... oops :lol:

You had me worried there!!

Class is perminate,,having said that Charlie is not getting out of the gate at the moment,,Im sure he will get that sorted and then we will see him fly round Rye ...If Len keeps Melgren after Nelson returns (if and when? ) We will have a strong side,,But will he repeat last season s major mistake ?

have to say that things are not always as they seem -- the same thing applies as last year apparently - I have since discovered that there is a ruling that if a rider is signed as aTEMPORARY replacement he remains just that and when the rider being replaced is able to return he must be allowed to - that is what happened last year and it seems it MUST HAPPEN AGAIN

have to say that things are not always as they seem -- the same thing applies as last year apparently - I have since discovered that there is a ruling that if a rider is signed as aTEMPORARY replacement he remains just that and when the rider being replaced is able to return he must be allowed to - that is what happened last year and it seems it MUST HAPPEN AGAIN

But there are numerous examples of this not being the case last season...

cant you just re declare??? Everyone elase seems too.

That's the normal way, but Len does it his way. Probably still can't find the headed notepaper either...

Sure Nelson has to come back when able too,,but what stops Hawkins being replaced by Melgren if so desired ,,,after that happens ,,,i dont see the problem...,,,

Sure Nelson has to come back when able too,,but what stops Hawkins being replaced by Melgren if so desired ,,,after that happens ,,,i dont see the problem...,,,

Do we still have to be within the 42.5 limit if we redeclare?

Edited by Shadders

nelson dosnt have a work permit so its not the same as replaceing a rider thats out injured

Do we still have to be within the 42.5 limit if we redeclare?

I think it depends who is replaced :blink: .

Certainly Nelson could only replace Mellgren (assuming Mellgren is only a temporary replcement).

If they then wanted to replace, e.g. Hawkins, then the rider must have a lower average than the rider being replaced OR must not take the team over 42.50. So: if the combined average is 44.00, then Mellgren could replace, e.g. Hawkins, if his Green Sheet is lower than that of Hawkins - ths bringing the team under 44.00. If the team average is 42.00, then Mellgren's average could be up to 0.50 higher than the rider he replaces - thus taking them up to 42.50.

I think it depends who is replaced :blink: .

Certainly Nelson could only replace Mellgren (assuming Mellgren is only a temporary replcement).

If they then wanted to replace, e.g. Hawkins, then the rider must have a lower average than the rider being replaced OR must not take the team over 42.50. So: if the combined average is 44.00, then Mellgren could replace, e.g. Hawkins, if his Green Sheet is lower than that of Hawkins - ths bringing the team under 44.00. If the team average is 42.00, then Mellgren's average could be up to 0.50 higher than the rider he replaces - thus taking them up to 42.50.

Wish I hadn't asked now!! :blink:

I think as the original Rye team were declared virtually 2 points below the limit, we could redeclare with Mellgren replacing either Hawkins or Bowen and Gjedde replacing Neath and still be well within the 42.50 limit.

In fact although my maths might not be all that, but at a quick tot up Mellgren could even come in place of Bunyan and we would still be inside the limit ???

Edited by bolly

I think as the original Rye team were declared virtually 2 points below the limit, we could redeclare with Mellgren replacing either Hawkins or Bowen and Gjedde replacing Neath and still be well within the 42.50 limit.

In fact although my maths might not be all that, but at a quick tot up Mellgren could even come in place of Bunyan and we would still be inside the limit ???

Bolly,

I certainly hope the Rye promotion do not go on your thinking that Mellgren should replace Bunyan instead of Hawkins or Bowen as Buyan will clearly up his average whereas Hawkins & Bowen will struggle to do so. As i metioned before on another post Bunyan will score points both home & away, whilst Bowen & Hawkins will find it tough going away from Rye.

Bolly,

I certainly hope the Rye promotion do not go on your thinking that Mellgren should replace Bunyan instead of Hawkins or Bowen as Buyan will clearly up his average whereas Hawkins & Bowen will struggle to do so. As i metioned before on another post Bunyan will score points both home & away, whilst Bowen & Hawkins will find it tough going away from Rye.

Big Dave

I agree with you. I was just illustrating that as Rye were so far below the 42.50 limit that Mellgren could come into to the team for virtually anybody.

Who told you that? Len Silver? The only time that's true is if the rider that was replaced is an assessed rider.

Proof you're talking twaddle, Emil Sayfutdinov was only a temp signing for Hans but Emil kept the place.

Wish I hadn't asked now!! :blink:

I think this might make it clearer

If Len wants to keep Anders, and assuming Nelson (average 5.33) does eventually return all he needs to do is re-declare. However if it drags on too long the next set of greensheets might have an adverse effect with a rider(s) having increased their averages.