British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Sheffield Playoff Semi

My Opinion on the siuation is Who Cares what they are called as long as the team is successful at both venues and continues to win.

Wouldn't it be idea to try and maximise support for the team?, i mean it's not exactly enticing for those who live in Scunthorpe to travel over to Belle Vue to support a team named Sheffield - or vice versa as it's yet to be determined who is actually racing.

Varying publicity from;

BSPA

SHEFFIELD

SCUNTHORPE

BELLE VUE

SPEEDWAY STAR

Wouldn't it be idea to try and maximise support for the team?, i mean it's not exactly enticing for those who live in Scunthorpe to travel over to Belle Vue to support a team named Sheffield - or vice versa as it's yet to be determined who is actually racing.

Varying publicity from;

BSPA

SHEFFIELD

SCUNTHORPE

BELLE VUE

SPEEDWAY STAR

Isn't the phrase 'sounding like a broken record' ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Hector Austin

Isn't the phrase 'sounding like a broken record' ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Be careful rolling your eyes that many times you'll detach a retina lol lol.

Joking aside, absolutely no it isn't at all because there has NOT been a definitive answer yet. All i see is conflicting information from;

BSPA

SHEFFIELD

SCUNTHORPE

BELLE VUE

SPEEDWAY STAR

I've asked the question more than once because the fixture has not been clarified and explained as to who is racing under which name and why. People have tried to find info and offered replies, alas, various sources conflict.

If you were promoting Belle Vue would you be happy that you are likely to miss out on gate receipts from Scunthorpe fans?

You don't seem to have finished your sole sentence in your posting so i suppose it's too much to ask who you think is racing in each semi-final?

Edited by manchesterpaul

What ever they are called,this fixture look impossible to call,The colts seem to be the form team coming into the play offs,with the Mighty Saints a full strenght im hoping they can keep it close on wednesday

No doubt Mildenhall and Stoke keeping a close eye on it too

All the best to the Colts for tonight.

C'mon boys you can do this :party: !!!!!!

You've certainly had a mind-bending task there Parsoles with the programmes.

Indeed - and possibly two more to do with Scunthorpe/Sheffield or is it just plain Scunny(!) coming to 'Hackney' (at Lakeside) on Friday week and if they both negotiate their P/O semis a possible Championship Final at Stoke.. :rolleyes:

The Belle Vue home leg has now been changed to the 28th September.

I'd be interested in your thoughts for the Scunfield line up tonight is this another 'one off'. You can't take anything away from the management but the question that needs to be asked is is it right? is the no. 8 slot there to be able to fieled a better rider at reserve or to give an inexperienced rider a chance at league racing. Ummmmm it is a poser

Come on you Belle Vue supporters, now is the time to show your support for the Colts. Great weather, track should have been prepared well although with this sun, it is going to be hard to keep moisture in it, and two teams fighting to get into the Play Off finals to race against Stoke or Mildenhall.

Let's show what support we can muster - there shouldn't be many from the opposition since they don't know who they are supporting!!! Sheffield, Scunthorpe or is it Scunfield??

I'd be interested in your thoughts for the Scunfield line up tonight is this another 'one off'. You can't take anything away from the management but the question that needs to be asked is is it right? is the no. 8 slot there to be able to fieled a better rider at reserve or to give an inexperienced rider a chance at league racing. Ummmmm it is a poser

bit of both maybe??

there is the arguement also who is the better rider i guess??!

Hope the track is better than last time i was at BV,swore i would never return but the lure of the Mighty Saints as put paid to that

Looking forward to it

i stand to be corrected,but,im sure there was stox @ kirky lane last sunday !!!!

Indeed it was - F1 and F2 I think. Track was rock hard according to my information so not much damage done(hopefully)