British Speedway Forum

u thought mr fishers average was too high for the pl.

After all the twists and turns,a good signing for the Devils.

I just hope that Plymouths opening 1-7 have better luck with injuries than last season. Bowden gets a right slating on here, but he had to repalce virtually his entire side over the course of last season due to injuries. If most of the announced side stay fit, I rekon they could have a decent season.

Edited by Steve_R

Two men don't make a team though and the rest of it is still dire. It might mean they finish tenth or eleventh rather than last though and you'd have to fancy them for the pairs.

Have to agree there, two great riders with no back-up won't win you trophies, apart from the Pairs of course !

Ben Barker was one of the top riders in the Pl last season but with no backup was carrying the Plymouth team and they just dragged themselves from the wooden spoon.

I still can't believe that once again I am going to have to endure watching Fisher bouncing himself from every board around Derwent Park :rolleyes: and collecting whoever he can in his path :nono:

Fish is a class act at this level not sure why he hasn't got a place in the EL!

If you would rather have Kristiansen, Franchetti or Smart in your team or pay to watch them against your home team Workington? Or are one of those supporters who wants the meeting over by Heat 9?

British Speedway needs as many 110% commited Speedway riders and Fisher though an ex Monarch is one of those!

Have to agree there, two great riders with no back-up won't win you trophies, apart from the Pairs of course !

Ben Barker was one of the top riders in the Pl last season but with no backup was carrying the Plymouth team and they just dragged themselves from the wooden spoon.

I still can't believe that once again I am going to have to endure watching Fisher bouncing himself from every board around Derwent Park :rolleyes: and collecting whoever he can in his path :nono:

If he does that around Derwent Park, imagine what he's going to be like round Plymouth! :lol:

• Like 1

Fish is a class act at this level not sure why he hasn't got a place in the EL!

If you would rather have Kristiansen, Franchetti or Smart in your team or pay to watch them against your home team Workington? Or are one of those supporters who wants the meeting over by Heat 9?

British Speedway needs as many 110% commited Speedway riders and Fisher though an ex Monarch is one of those!

Yeah such a class act he was left without a team place in the EL :rolleyes: and desperate measures he accepted a deal with Plymouth thus more than likely bringing himself out of the unaffordable market he classes himself in . Never been a Fisher fan and never will be

Devils fixtures for 2012 season.

23/3 vs Rye House Home LC

24/3 vs Newport Away LC

30/3 T.B.A

06/4 T.B.A

12/4 vs Ipswich Away LC

13/4 vs Leicester Home LC

20/4 vs Newport Home LC

21/4 vs. Rye house Away LC

27/4 vs Somerset Away LC

28/4 vs Somerset Home LC

29/4 vs Leicester Away LC

4/5 vs Ipswich Home LC

5/5 vs Newport Away PL

11/5 vs Newcastle Home PL

18/5 vs Glasgow Home PLKOC

20/5 vs Leicester Away PL

25/5 vs Scunthorpe Home PL

27/5 vs Glasgow Away PLKOC

01/6 vs Newport Home PL

08/6 vs Leicester Home PL

9/6 vs Workington Away PL

15/6 vs Scunthorpe Away PL

16/6 TBA

21/6 vs Redcar Away PL

22/6 vs Sheffield Home PL

29/6 (reserved) v Edinburgh/Rye house Home PLKOCQF if we beat Glasgow

30/6 (reserved) v Rye house Away PLKOCQF if we beat Glasgow and rye house beat Edinburgh

06/7 TBA

07/7 vs Berwick Away PL

08/7 vs Glasgow Away PL

13/7 vs Glasgow Home PL

15/7 PL fours at Peterborough

20/7 vs Rye house Home PL

27/7 vs Edinburgh Away PL

28/7 vs Edinburgh Home PL

03/8 vs Ipswich Home PL

09/8 vs Ipswich Away PL

10/8 vs Workington Home PL

17/8 vs Redcar Home PL

18/8 vs Rye house Away PL

23/8 vs Sheffield Away PL

24/8 Prem pairs at Somerset

31/8 vs Somerset Away PL

01/9 v Somerset Home PL

07/9 TBA

14/9 vs Berwick Home PL

21/9 TBA

23/9 PLRC at Sheffield

24/9 – 31/10 all TBA subject to where we finish in the league for play offs etc.

All fixtures are subject to change

Hi,

Just a reminder please don't speculate if it riders or managers are changing contract details. Let them air their views first in the press. Then when you comment on it and provide a source.

Cheers,

Phil

Yeah such a class act he was left without a team place in the EL :rolleyes: and desperate measures he accepted a deal with Plymouth thus more than likely bringing himself out of the unaffordable market he classes himself in . Never been a Fisher fan and never will be

Kenni Larsen didn't have an El place until very late last year, he was around a similar average to Fisher. I'd say they both were class acts in 2010 (Larsen that is.

No1's ask for top money because they deserve it. James Wright probably was cheaper than Fisher but tell me the last time when Ryan Fisher scored 0 at Ashfield, or 3 at Berwick ... get my drift.

Fisher isn't everyone's cup of tea but we need him in the PL, its as simple as that

This is great news for Plymouth fans. The Fish is 100% entertainment and its much better having him in your team than against you!

I think there will be some exciting racing at Plymouth this year and a lot of people will be looking forward to the visit of Plymouth to their track too.

Its good news for other teams in the PL, Plymouth were a disgrace towards the end of last season with some of the sides and performances they were putting in at away tracks, all well and good damaging your own business but bang out of order to damage others.

Fisher and Barker should at least add interest wherever they go.

There isnt a better top two in the PL for this season,and as has been already mentioned its great to see Fisher back in the PL,where he can be a top performer.

Dont see the gripe from some Plymouth fans,you lost out on Ashworth and gained Ryan Fisher,not a bad trade IMO.

I see in todays Speedway star that the ever popular Mr Bowden has appointed a personal assistant( jenny Taylor ) which i assume will help him ease his workload at the boniface Arena.