British Speedway Forum

What about Simon Lambert ?

• Like 1

Agree 100% with your post, Mike Bowden was shooting himself in the foot even before the meeting started, it was bad enough having the two top riders in the team missing, then he has to say on top of that the meeting was a waste of time, i think that did it for the supporters who were 50/50 on going, well it did for me.

And on the more important note of Simon Lambert, he would in my opinion be a great signing is possible, but i'm not sure if Mike Bowden looks to sign riders that do well at the SBA, going on past signing's, i'm not going to mention any names, but he has a brother, that is also a rider ;) .

Edited by Devildodger

To fit in Lambert more than 1 change would be required unless one of the top 4 goes. The only other way would be if Holder and Glanz went and Lambert and a 3 pointer came in. Whilst Lambert would probably get more than Holder, a 3 pointer would be unlikely to score much if anything so really it would make little difference.

Glanz has put nearly a point on his starting average and if his injury is OK, I'd be pretty angry if he was replaced as he has been a bright spark at the bottom end (even if he's not been banging huge double figure scores in). Ksiezak is still finding his feet and I hope he is given time as he's been doing alright, although we all know Mr Bowden doesn't really care about that.

The Plymouth fans have been blessed with having two of the top five riders in the PL and probably the most entertaining two at that. Sadly this does of course mean that the bottom end has to suffer and it really does become a case of the top end scoring big and hoping that one or two of the bottom end can muck in from time to time. As far as being successful in winning team trophies, this technique of team building has failed far more times than it has succeeded. As a Plymouth fan I want to see us win both at home and away, but as a speedway fan I want to be entertained so it does really leave Plymouth with a dilemma, personally the latter wins for me and I'd rather see Fisher and Barker every week regardless.

I think Plymouth have a great shout in the 4's and the pairs as it stands but that will be it this season if anything. If there is a like for like change out there that could genuinely improve our bottom end (bottom 3 in the averages) then maybe look at it but for now I just don't see anything out there unless a re-jig of the side is made which personally I'd rather we didn't see.

To fit in Lambert more than 1 change would be required unless one of the top 4 goes. The only other way would be if Holder and Glanz went and Lambert and a 3 pointer came in. Whilst Lambert would probably get more than Holder, a 3 pointer would be unlikely to score much if anything so really it would make little difference.

Glanz has put nearly a point on his starting average and if his injury is OK, I'd be pretty angry if he was replaced as he has been a bright spark at the bottom end (even if he's not been banging huge double figure scores in). Ksiezak is still finding his feet and I hope he is given time as he's been doing alright, although we all know Mr Bowden doesn't really care about that.

The Plymouth fans have been blessed with having two of the top five riders in the PL and probably the most entertaining two at that. Sadly this does of course mean that the bottom end has to suffer and it really does become a case of the top end scoring big and hoping that one or two of the bottom end can muck in from time to time. As far as being successful in winning team trophies, this technique of team building has failed far more times than it has succeeded. As a Plymouth fan I want to see us win both at home and away, but as a speedway fan I want to be entertained so it does really leave Plymouth with a dilemma, personally the latter wins for me and I'd rather see Fisher and Barker every week regardless.

I think Plymouth have a great shout in the 4's and the pairs as it stands but that will be it this season if anything. If there is a like for like change out there that could genuinely improve our bottom end (bottom 3 in the averages) then maybe look at it but for now I just don't see anything out there unless a re-jig of the side is made which personally I'd rather we didn't see.

totally agree mikey ben and ryan vfm also we are much improved from last year imo but you will always get people slagging off riders after one or two bad meetings which shows total lack of common sense to be honest if you got a 4.5 average thats what your expected to score not 7or8 and i think most of the devils are more or less riding to thier averages if two or three of them hit a bit of form which i think will happen before the end of the season we will pick up some points away from home

They had every chance today but the same two riders kept us in the meeting, and it was lost in heat 14, Mike Bowden gives it all that about winning away, but i don't think he cares about away meetings, all that interests him is home meetings and how much he can make, the team is not strong enough to make the play-offs, but because of the way it has been put together there is no way he can make changes to it without dropping Barker or Fisher, i think what supporters need to say, do we won't to see the best two rider's in the league or not, that's what it's all down to.

I see in the speedway star Bowden said Lambert wouldn't be able to come in untill 21st July due to certain regulations, does anyone know what regulations these would be?

I see in the speedway star Bowden said Lambert wouldn't be able to come in untill 21st July due to certain regulations, does anyone know what regulations these would be?

Yeah Bowden buying a stamp to send the contracts in probably!

• Like 1

Mike is it anything to do with Reade and Lambert both riding for Stoke, and a rule saying they both can not sign at the same time, other than that what you say about buying a stamp must be right :lol:

Mike is it anything to do with Reade and Lambert both riding for Stoke, and a rule saying they both can not sign at the same time, other than that what you say about buying a stamp must be right :lol:

If it is, I've never heard of that rule myself. Either way Mr Bowden is showing his knowledge or lack of when it comes to speedway if he thinks Reade is ready to step up. I spoke to Nicki yesterday and he has told me he is fit and ready for Friday so Bowden cannot use injury as an excuse to drop him and it will be a disgrace if he's dropped.

If it is, I've never heard of that rule myself. Either way Mr Bowden is showing his knowledge or lack of when it comes to speedway if he thinks Reade is ready to step up. I spoke to Nicki yesterday and he has told me he is fit and ready for Friday so Bowden cannot use injury as an excuse to drop him and it will be a disgrace if he's dropped.

If he drops Nicki for Reade then i agree Mike, Reade may be riding well in the NL, but to go from NL reserve, to PL reserve is a mighty big step.

The top riders in the NL who are all capable of scoring more than 3+ in the PL are Adam Roynon, Richie Worall, Steve Worall, Ashley Birks, Jason Garrity, Tom Perry, Simon Lambert, and Cam Heeps. the next grade of riders are Ash Morris, Rob Branford, Kyle Hughes, James Cockle, Ben Reade, Blackbird,Kerr and Ben Morley, i was expecting Marc Owen to join these but he has been out injured since April, another to keep an eye out for is Stefan Nielsen at Mildenhall, and i have been particuarly impressed on the two occasions i have seen him ride by young Nathan Stoneman who has unluckily just broken his leg, i believe he is from down your way.

I would love Plymouth to be able to find a double figure points scorer down at reserve, what average would Ryans fellow countryman Tyson Burmeister. http://www.speedwayb..._Burmeister.htm come in on ? or the rider who has also impressed me American Austin Novratil he is only 17, and one for the future http://www.speedwayb...tinnovratil.htm both of these would be well suited by the St Boniface arena, however of all the riders mentioned, the stand out one is Simon Lambert.

Edited by greyhoundp

it would be interesting to see what Ben Reade does when moved into the main body of the team before thinking of giving him a go in the Plymouth team in the PL, yes he rides the Stoke track well and picks up some good points away, but for me until he proves himself in the main body of the Stoke team i wouldn't touch him with a barge poll, but thats Mike Bowden for you, i would not touch the Plymouth reserve's, there is one more place in the Plymouth team that needs sorting before looking at the two reserve's, Simon Lambert would be the one for me, rides the Plymouth track well, and the last time he was at the SBA was very unlucky when taken out by a visiting rider, up till then he was doing well guesting for Plymouth, and is a rider the Plymouth supporters would take to, because he never gives up.

Tyson Burmeister would fly around Plymouth...

I have seen Tyson around the SBA with the American Dream team, he was similar to Kenny Ingalls, i think having a spell in the EL with Wolverhampton may have did him good, not sure if he would be better than Lambert, i have a feeling the reason Bowden wants Reade to come into the team is so he can fit Lambert in.

Edited by Devildodger

I have seen Tyson around the SBA with the American Dream team, he was similar to Kenny Ingalls, i think having a spell in the EL with Wolverhampton may have did him good

Done him good? :o