British Speedway Forum

I don't intend on getting into slanging matches, like I have said..you have your opinion and I have mine.

Mike Bowden may not be an angel, he may not be the worlds best promoter and you may think he is an arse but he did bring speedway back to Plymouth and that is something we wish someone would do in Exeter.

As for Fisher etc being there, I don't understand your comment about why I call myself the Blindman!!!, Ashworth chose not to ride for Plymouth so Fisher was his replacement, what's so strange about that?.

I am sure Mike Bowden would welcome your money if you want to buy him out and then we would see how it should be run I guess!!!!

Like you say lets not get into a slanging match, you have your opinion and i have mine, i just think the one and only reason Mike Bowden did bring speedway back to the city was to make money, no other reason than that, he do not give a toss about the supporters, all he wants is there money, i know you would like speedway back in Exeter, i use to go from the age if 16 to the meetings on mondays with my mates from work, but you would not want someone like Bowden running it.

And yes if i did have the money i would try and buy him out, but i would find someone who can run a club the right way, and ask for there advice before even thinking about buying it, i would not jump in not knowing how to run it, like Bowden has done, he has a complete disrespect for anyone and anything, there were some great people at the club when it first started, Gary Spiller was a very good team manager and very dedicated to the club and was treated like dirt, Nick Truscott the club photographer is another one who he couldn't even tell himself that he had found someone else to do the photography, and left it to the men on the gate to tell him he wasn't needed anymore when he tried to get into the meeting, if you look at respect in the dictionary if says, to hold in high regard, something that Mike Bowden had when he first started the club, but now 7 years later after complete disrespect for anyone but himself, has lost it all.

• Like 2

Good post Devildoger, And even though I am the Blindman I can now see your point when it's put like that. :lol:

Edited by The Blindman

Bowden also closed the supporters club as he said it wasnt being run "professionally" and after he took it over it closed after 3 weeks. as to riders being paid just look on twitter and you will see this is not the case, two weeks ago they had crisis talks and again last week when they were asked to take a pay cut (a cut of nothing is nothing surel) This man has taken the cream off the top for years and while no one can blame him for making money the complete dis respect he has for the fans ie the two finger salute to them at meetings, disgusting toilets, health and saftey hazards round the track where he hasnt put a penny in improvements relying on the dedicated supporters to help maintain track etc, yes we are grateful he has brought speedway back to Plymouth but the fans are leaving in their droves and wont be back while Bowden has anything to do with it, Good Luck to any new promoter out there, support is waiting in the wings! oh and the man is too tight to even buy the lollies for the kiddies race!

• Like 1

Mike has'nt conned anyway out of money all riders are paid

A few people would beg to differ babs :)
  • Like 2

Bowden also closed the supporters club as he said it wasnt being run "professionally" and after he took it over it closed after 3 weeks. as to riders being paid just look on twitter and you will see this is not the case, two weeks ago they had crisis talks and again last week when they were asked to take a pay cut (a cut of nothing is nothing surel) This man has taken the cream off the top for years and while no one can blame him for making money the complete dis respect he has for the fans ie the two finger salute to them at meetings, disgusting toilets, health and saftey hazards round the track where he hasnt put a penny in improvements relying on the dedicated supporters to help maintain track etc, yes we are grateful he has brought speedway back to Plymouth but the fans are leaving in their droves and wont be back while Bowden has anything to do with it, Good Luck to any new promoter out there, support is waiting in the wings! oh and the man is too tight to even buy the lollies for the kiddies race!

Spot on Devilforever, and we all know why we had a kids race in the first place, because Richard Cameron from the burger van supplied the lollies, and he got shot of him for a reason only he knows, well it has to do with money, everything else is.

Mike has'nt conned anyway out of money all riders are paid

That's alright then, rumour had it that they had to take a pay cut and were only getting basic BSPA pay rates, and had to go swing for the rest that was in their contract, but we're all glad that's not true then.

probably used the same postman that was supposed to deliver aletter to gary spiller telling him his services were no longer required,classic "your cheques in the post" have a look on twitter the mans a disgrace and should be stopped from ripping riders off i dont believe him or any of his family

a new promotion at plymouth would be so appreciated i am sure the attendances would incease the riders would be happier supporters club would start again and they would get all the voluntary help they would want because the plymouth fans love thier speedway but they really dont like the present promotion

• Like 1

The reason for the drop in the support at the SBA has nothing to do with the speedway team, because like lewy has said the Plymouth fans love there speedway, but there comes a time when you have to say where is the money going, and how much longer can i support someone who's only interest is to take your money and can't even be bothered to pay his riders, i spend over £20 every friday at the SBA, £13 for myself, £5 for my grandson, and he has £5 to spend at the track, but when you look what Bowden is doing, you have to say do i support what is going on, and i'm sorry but i can not, if someone else was to take over i would be back there like a shot, but until then i will be spending my friday nights at home.

The reason for the drop in the support at the SBA has nothing to do with the speedway team, because like lewy has said the Plymouth fans love there speedway, but there comes a time when you have to say where is the money going, and how much longer can i support someone who's only interest is to take your money and can't even be bothered to pay his riders, i spend over £20 every friday at the SBA, £13 for myself, £5 for my grandson, and he has £5 to spend at the track, but when you look what Bowden is doing, you have to say do i support what is going on, and i'm sorry but i can not, if someone else was to take over i would be back there like a shot, but until then i will be spending my friday nights at home.

Would you not be better off staying and supporting your Club until a new Promoter comes along? If everyone stops going like yourself - the Track will close and there will be no Speedway Track for a prospective Promoter to take over.

You can be a long time closed.

Sunderland - Thirty Eight years - and STILL waiting. :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

Would you not be better off staying and supporting your Club until a new Promoter comes along? If everyone stops going like yourself - the Track will close and there will be no Speedway Track for a prospective Promoter to take over.

You can be a long time closed.

Sunderland - Thirty Eight years - and STILL waiting. :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

Big debate in my house about that, wife says i should go, i would like to know what my mates on bend two think about it, i have to say that the telly on fridays is dire, i'm still thinking about it, thing is if we all go then nothing will change, but you have a valid point.

Edited by Devildodger

roger the racing is top notch i still go because i feel if bowden doesnt sell up he wont run next year anyway so i suspect he will look to sell asap

I feel that it’s about time that Nicki Glanz and any of the other riders that are owed money issue an order through the small claims court; they can also claim a small percentage of interest on the debt and costs and also inform the BSPA of their actions.

This man must be stopped in the interest of speedway