British Speedway Forum

james cockle on plymouths facebook page says bowden owes him money from last season and this season how long will bowden be allowed to be promoter hes dragging plymouth and speedway in to the gutter has to be stopped its a disgrace imo

I assume the reason he was sacked earlier this year is because he demanded his money then.

C'mon BSPA, sort this mess out.

I assume the reason he was sacked earlier this year is because he demanded his money then.

C'mon BSPA, sort this mess out.

could be it would make sense

Bowden only had one thing in mind from the first day he open the gates at the SBA, put has little money into the club has possible, and to take has much out has possible, you only have to look at the state of the area around the track to see that, for him too say his only aim was to bring speedway back to the city of Plymouth is complete rubbish, we all know now the real reason, there are one or two things to be sorted, but hopefully and with a bit of luck he will be gone soon.

Can someone explain to me how at the weekend Newcastle can use Paul Starke 3.00, and Robin Aspregren 5.68 = 8.68 has guest's for Richie Worrall 3.64 and Steve Worrall 3.45 = 7.09.

Can someone explain to me how at the weekend Newcastle can use Paul Starke 3.00, and Robin Aspregren 5.68 = 8.68 has guest's for Richie Worrall 3.64 and Steve Worrall 3.45 = 7.09.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues12/pl12_issue_18.pdf

Those are the current green sheets averages.

Newcastle are entitled to use a guest up to an 5.78 average to cover for Richie Worrall, whereas it's NL guests for Steve.

There seem to be a lot of people at Plymouth who haven't got the hang of the Rulebook, including Mr Bowden. I know it can be difficult, but that makes it a fundamental requirement if you want to follow the sport.

There seem to be a lot of people at Plymouth who haven't got the hang of the Rulebook, including Mr Bowden. I know it can be difficult, but that makes it a fundamental requirement if you want to follow the sport.

So you think it is a fundamental requirement to know all the rules if you want to follow the sport of speedway Dave, i bet if you ask most riders about the rules they wouldn't have a clue about them, for you to say it is a fundamental requirement to know them to follow the sport i think you need to sit down and engage you brain before you make a statement like that, most people just like to watch the sport, and not all of us are masterminds of the sport like you seem to be Dave, i leave knowing the rules to experts who can tell you everything to do with the rules, and good for them, i have watched the sport for over forty years, and have never tried to read the rulebook, i just like watching the sport, the basic rules of speedway are the only one's anyone needs to enjoy the sport, but who am i to argue with an expert of the sport like you.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 6

So you think it is a fundamental requirement to know all the rules if you want to follow the sport of speedway Dave, i bet if you ask most riders about the rules they wouldn't have a clue about them, for you to say it is a fundamental requirement to know them to follow the sport i think you need to sit down and engage you brain before you make a statement like that, most people just like to watch the sport, and not all of us are masterminds of the sport like you seem to be Dave, i leave knowing the rules to experts who can tell you everything to do with the rules, and good for them, i have watched the sport for over forty years, and have never tried to read the rulebook, i just like watching the sport, the basic rules of speedway are the only one's anyone needs to enjoy the sport, but who am i to argue with an expert of the sport like you.

Why the anger?

I too have watched speedway for 40 years, and I genuinely believe that if you want to follow the sport you need to understand the rules - especially for guests, R/R, averages and team line-up.

Why the anger?

I too have watched speedway for 40 years, and I genuinely believe that if you want to follow the sport you need to understand the rules - especially for guests, R/R, averages and team line-up.

Why the anger?

The rules are as clear as mud ,regarding averages ,Ass averages guests ,riders that can double down,no wonder somebody just asks a simple question,all you have to do is give him the simple answer not question his knowledge of the rulebook :blink:

The rules are as clear as mud ,regarding averages ,Ass averages guests ,riders that can double down,no wonder somebody just asks a simple question,all you have to do is give him the simple answer not question his knowledge of the rulebook :blink:

My actual words were: "I know it can be difficult, but that makes it a fundamental requirement if you want to follow the sport." I should have put, "I think " before the word but - because it's my opinion.

Devildodger got the hump and said s/he only needs to know the basic rules. Interestingly: Basic and Fundamental are the same thing. We've obviously got different views. No problem. No need to get angry. Chill.

Not a lecture from me, just a question: are you Mike Bowden? :t::lol:

• Like 2

My actual words were: "I know it can be difficult, but that makes it a fundamental requirement if you want to follow the sport." I should have put, "I think " before the word but - because it's my opinion.

Devildodger got the hump and said s/he only needs to know the basic rules. Interestingly: Basic and Fundamental are the same thing. We've obviously got different views. No problem. No need to get angry. Chill.

Not angry,just chilling :wink:

Snackette jr. strikes again. ;)

• Like 1

Why the anger?

I have watched Speedway since 1964.

It seems that there are a number of Rules I don't know about and still more that confuse the hell out of me. :blink:

Just how complicated they want to make four blokes riding around a track - I don't know. :sad: :sad:

• Like 1