British Speedway Forum

Back when Edinburgh came back to the league at Armadale in 1997, Long Eaton were the strongest team around at the time and Brent Werner was first class. Gated, stylish and real top drawer performer. I think Brent has always been a stylish performer ability does not disappear overnight. I dont think Brent will ever be a heat leader again, but certainly could be more than useful at second string. But at the same time I am torn. I have always like Brent as a rider, but is he taking the place of a British rider who could do an equal or better job? A Lee Smart, Chris Mills. Look I am not down on Brent or Plymouth I am just throwing the question out there does he truly merit a place in the PL. I am torn as I say like the guy in his hay day, but looking at who is missing out on a place I begin to question the wisdom of his inclusion.

Back when Edinburgh came back to the league at Armadale in 1997, Long Eaton were the strongest team around at the time and Brent Werner was first class. Gated, stylish and real top drawer performer. I think Brent has always been a stylish performer ability does not disappear overnight. I dont think Brent will ever be a heat leader again, but certainly could be more than useful at second string. But at the same time I am torn. I have always like Brent as a rider, but is he taking the place of a British rider who could do an equal or better job? A Lee Smart, Chris Mills. Look I am not down on Brent or Plymouth I am just throwing the question out there does he truly merit a place in the PL. I am torn as I say like the guy in his hay day, but looking at who is missing out on a place I begin to question the wisdom of his inclusion.

Sadly, 1997 is an awful long time ago. Brent Werner has looked like a completely spent force for quite some time, he had an average spell at Somerset and that's about it. I doubt he will make his average or see out the season.

Fil would make a mockery of his 5 point average in the PL. He can gate and wobble around and most PL riders won't have a clue how to pass him. Even on a tiny track like Plymouth he could get 7+

Quite agree, there must be a good reason why he hasn't been signed up by a PL side yet.

I don't think he has any trouble riding small tracks. When he gates he can get round them fine....as with the big uns his trouble in the EL has been getting to that first turn in contention.

I don't think he has any trouble riding small tracks. When he gates he can get round them fine....as with the big uns his trouble in the EL has been getting to that first turn in contention.

Yet weirdly at Coventry he lead 90% of races into bend 1 but sadly he'd miss the corner half the time. The other half the time he'd only have a 50/50 chance on the next corner and then on the next corner he'd only have a 50/50 chance. Repeat until bend 3/4 or lap 4 :D The only time it worked was when someone risked a move around the outside :D

I think I could enjoy watching Fil at PL level actually. He's just not an EL rider, certainly not one we kept signing on a 4 point average!

What would Sitera's PL average be then?

About 5.15 Edited by SCB

Crikey on 5.15 he would be the bargain of the season! Ashworth, Sitera and a decent reserve wouldn't be the worst side. :D

Dont get too carried away, Sitera isnt a patch on Kus and he only just went above 7. He would be decent value, but more likely to be closer to a Stichauer.

I'd put Sitera in between the pair but unlike Kus, Sitera has plenty of British experience. I'm not saying Sitera would pull up trees but I'd expect him to hit at least 6 and be a solid middle order man. Put him alongside Boxall at 3&4 and we could do a lot worse, granted we could also do better but that wouldn't be the worst middle order pairing.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

How about Jerran Hart for one of those final few places ?

I seem to recall he was almost unbeatable at SBA in NL days.

Ashworth, Sitera and Hart would fit in nicely for Plymouth, see us 'EL snobs' are trying to help you out! Now let your promotion know ;)

How about Jerran Hart for one of those final few places ?

I seem to recall he was almost unbeatable at SBA in NL days.

But I've seen him quite clueless at the SBA since then. I think it fair to say that it is likely that there will be no middle ground. He will be utterly brilliant or utterly garbage. Not sure that the Devils need that - you might recall we had Kyle Hughes. We never knew what we were going to get, a meeting winner or quite the opposite.

But I've seen him quite clueless at the SBA since then. I think it fair to say that it is likely that there will be no middle ground. He will be utterly brilliant or utterly garbage. Not sure that the Devils need that - you might recall we had Kyle Hughes. We never knew what we were going to get, a meeting winner or quite the opposite.

I think his performances for Ipswich might prove us both right :blink:

12+1 from nine starts looks OK, but that includes 4 wins or paid wins and 4 lasts !!

Hart has always been a 3 or 0 man at Plymouth. On his first visit with Ipswich last season he had a few 3's and a few 0's on his second visit it was mainly just 0's and personally I've never really rated him.

Ashworth, Sitera and Hart would fit in nicely for Plymouth, see us 'EL snobs' are trying to help you out! Now let your promotion know ;)

Sadly our promoter listen's to one person and one person only and that's himself!

About 5.15

Wouldn't it be 7? Riders come down on the higher of their converted average or their initial assessed average (Stichaeur and Wells at Stoke prove this)