British Speedway Forum

Quite agree, there must be a good reason why he hasn't been signed up by a PL side yet.

Over the past few years, its been common knowledge a whole host of clubs have tried to sign him in the PL - but Im led to believe his wage demands were far greater than his ability.

Wouldn't it be 7? Riders come down on the higher of their converted average or their initial assessed average (Stichaeur and Wells at Stoke prove this)

Sticky was apparently because his converted average come to less than 3. While Wells needed a work permit.

Over the past few years, its been common knowledge a whole host of clubs have tried to sign him in the PL - but Im led to believe his wage demands were far greater than his ability.

So about £2 a point then!

Sticky was apparently because his converted average come to less than 3. While Wells needed a work permit.

So Wells WP average would have been a 5, yet he came in on a 6?

Don't you remember Vasey and co messed it all up at Stoke that year? Taylor Poole's average mid season being the most memorable.

Lets be honest, it made no sense what so ever! God knows where 6 come from. Was just a random figure I think.

Ashworth would be superb and that would give us a tremendous top 2 although I simply can't see it happening in a million years.

'Cough'............................ :D;)

Bu**er me with a fishfork :o

Even though I couldn't see anywhere else for him to go, I am truly astonished - partly because I never thought Bowden would meet his demands, and partly because I couldn't see Ashworth switching the wide open spaces of Owlerton for the polo mint SBA.

Given the difference in the tracks and the amount of travelling involved, I would say this will either be a big success or a major failure for him (although he can certainly ride small tracks - he was a favoured guest for Mildenhall). In truth, I have always thought that he should have left Owlerton a few years ago to develop his career.

Best wishes to Ricky down in Devon - he won't find more passionate and dedicated fans anywhere . :t:

• Like 1

aussies come in on a 5

some come in on a 6 and others come in on a 7 depending where there from and also what leval thy have rode in the past

'Cough'............................ :D;)

Bu**er me with a fishfork :o

Even though I couldn't see anywhere else for him to go, I am truly astonished - partly because I never thought Bowden would meet his demands, and partly because I couldn't see Ashworth switching the wide open spaces of Owlerton for the polo mint SBA.

Given the difference in the tracks and the amount of travelling involved, I would say this will either be a big success or a major failure for him (although he can certainly ride small tracks - he was a favoured guest for Mildenhall). In truth, I have always thought that he should have left Owlerton a few years ago to develop his career.

Best wishes to Ricky down in Devon - he won't find more passionate and dedicated fans anywhere . :t:

Well we were both on the same lines HT in thinking it would never happen and we are both on the same lines now! What a coup for the club, and what a potential team for the PL pairs in Barker & Ashworth! Welcome to Plymouth Ricky, great signing!! :D

9.98 left for the last two if my maths are correct.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

9.98 left for the last two if my maths are correct.

So what's Bowden planning? No Wells which would suggest no 3 pointer :s I can't see where he's going tbh :s

So what's Bowden planning? No Wells which would suggest no 3 pointer :s I can't see where he's going tbh :s

Wells and Franchetti would fit!

Other options could be Sweetman, Sitera, Smart, Kristiansen for the main body slot whilst there are a whole load of options at reserve. As I've said on the Devils forum we have a chance to be a competitive side next year with this Ashworth signing, but that could all be ruined by the final 2 if they aren't the right riders.

Ashworth going to the St. Boniface Arena, very good signing. He should of moved from Owlerton 3 years ago.

Should make him an overall better rider, and will take the pressure off Barker.

You could fit Linus Eklof and Franchetti. Eklof in his short spell at the end of season at Berwick, proved that.

Cannot understand the Werner signing, i can remember him guesting for us at Mildenhall in 2008 and he was woeful then.

Best things Devils fans can hope is that he decides against his latest comeback.

Wells and Franchetti would fit!

Other options could be Sweetman, Sitera, Smart, Kristiansen for the main body slot whilst there are a whole load of options at reserve. As I've said on the Devils forum we have a chance to be a competitive side next year with this Ashworth signing, but that could all be ruined by the final 2 if they aren't the right riders.

I thought Sweetman too - worth a punt on 5.48.

You could fit Jerran Hart in, too :o:D

The sadness of it is that would be a useful outfit if Werner was not there.

aussies come in on a 5

some come in on a 6 and others come in on a 7 depending where there from and also what leval thy have rode in the past

Wells is a Yank. The 6 came from his assessed 3 point EL average doubled, as it was higher than the WP average he would need.

There must be other examples of riders dropping down on assessed averages. It was put in after the Brian Yarrow/Tomasz Piszcz fiasco.

Surely James Cockle must be given another chance? His scores were superb for Plymouth when he went back and averages around 5.3 over his second spell on a 3.69 average he would be a bargin. That would still leave a 6.29 for the last rider??