British Speedway Forum

To be fair to Plymouth, it wasn't them who revealed it. It was Lanham himself to the local Ipswich rag. Not the most professional thing Lanham has done it has to be said especially as he isn't even sure of accepting the place. He knows full well Plymouth has a full line up at present and a fellow rider could lose his place a result!!

If he isn't sure of accepting, why unsettle a fellow rider by revealing he's been offered their place?

Edited by ZODIAK

Reading that I get the feeling that he might be getting cold feet on the move. My guess is that he will sit it out and wait for a place to become available.. The one thing this will do if he does not sign is make one rider very unsettled at Plymouth because someone going to be dropped to make way for him if he does sign.

• Like 1

One thing for sure if Plymouth sign everybody that has been mentioned they will need a clean sweep in ALL competitions to pay the bills and maintain crowd levels, or they might finish up like a certain club this winter.Has Bowden got a new motto this season "speculate to accumulate"

Edited by Fromafar

I don't know how you can run a club like this. How many riders have been in and then out this winter?

Things should be kept under wraps until the ink is dried on contracts, as looking in from the outside the club has very little loyalty to riders once a better option becomes available!

Problem with that is some riders won't touch the club as will be concerned of loosing their job before a wheel is turned!

• Like 2

I don't know how you can run a club like this. How many riders have been in and then out this winter?

Things should be kept under wraps until the ink is dried on contracts, as looking in from the outside the club has very little loyalty to riders once a better option becomes available!

Problem with that is some riders won't touch the club as will be concerned of loosing their job before a wheel is turned!

Your right its not the way to run a speedway club, and if he had got the team right the first time there would have been no need for all the changes he is trying to make, i can understand the situation with Werner fair enough, it was a mistake to sign him from the start, with Ashworth we will never know the truth about that one, but to bring Lanham in a drop Steve Boxhall nobody can agree with that and its not the way to run a club, but thats his choice to do it like that, and until the rules change to stop clubs from doing that it will carry on, surely if Boxhall has signed a contract to ride for Plymouth he can not do it, just makes you wonder if he has signed one.

Edited by Devildodger

One thing for sure if Plymouth sign everybody that has been mentioned they will need a clean sweep in ALL competitions to pay the bills and maintain crowd levels, or they might finish up like a certain club this winter.Has Bowden got a new motto this season "speculate to accumulate"

Unlike Newport Plymouth get more than 300-400 per home match possibly this season 4x that.

Ben Barker's interview was very intresting on Tuesday night, his thoughts on Fisher will certainly make Heat 13 and 15 intresting. Personally I think they will be top riders this season and the pairing will be dynamite!

Unlike Newport Plymouth get more than 300-400 per home match possibly this season 4x that.

Ben Barker's interview was very intresting on Tuesday night, his thoughts on Fisher will certainly make Heat 13 and 15 intresting. Personally I think they will be top riders this season and the pairing will be dynamite!

I realise that crowd level are good at Plymouth and they will need them all to pay for the team being mooted. :cheers:

Berwick's team is sure not cheap, though we don't have Fisher or Barker we have strength in depth. I'd say there is more chance of Berwick doing a "Newport" than Plymouth. I am sure John and his chums would happily accept the Devils turnout on a regular occurance.

What is a Berwick fan querying another team's crowds for? Plymouth and Berwick could both make the Top 6, bit of a turnaround from last year that is for sure!

Edited by RobinH88

Because is an open forum and there are separate team threads to discuss that teams issues, Berwick have bugger all to do with a Plymouth thread, but like every other fan on this Berwick fans discuss other teams on that teams thread.

Berwick's team is sure not cheap, though we don't have Fisher or Barker we have strength in depth. I'd say there is more chance of Berwick doing a "Newport" than Plymouth. I am sure John and his chums would happily accept the Devils turnout on a regular occurance.

Any Promoter in the PL would love to have crowds that Plymouth seem to attract.As for your comment regarding Berwick doing a "Newport" is doing a disservice to the current Promotion given the effort they have put into the Club.IMO
  • Like 2

What is a Berwick fan querying another team's crowds for? Plymouth and Berwick could both make the Top 6, bit of a turnaround from last year that is for sure!

Don't think there is anyone querying Plymouth crowds .It is your assumption IMO and your interpretation of the posts. Edited by Fromafar