British Speedway Forum

I agree with that, i would bin Franchetti and bring in someone like Robert Branford, because he could not do much worse, then bin Holder and use the spare points from Franchetti to get a rider just under the 5 point cma, there is not a lot to play with but someone like Viktor Bergstrom would be better than Holder, but something has to be done because Holder and Franchetti were shocking last night.

Edited by Devildodger

Well done to Plymouth last night. You are close to being a very good side and the changes you are calling for could well do the trick if made.Glanz impressed towards the end last night - not incredibly quick but rode intelligent lines to keep Dak behind in 14.

Franchetti and Holder are getting beat every week by good NL rider's riding in the PL, last week against Somerset Kyle Newman made them both look static, and unless they both improve in a big way this weekend against Glasgow and Liecester Mike Bowden will have to make the decision to bin one or both riders, Holder and Franchetti are not inexperienced riders, they are just not good enough for the PL, end of :mad:

Edited by Devildodger

Franchetti and Holder are getting beat every week by good NL rider's riding in the PL, last week against Somerset Kyle Newman made them both look static, and unless they both improve in a big way this weekend against Glasgow and Liecester Mike Bowden will have to make the decision to bin one or both riders, Holder and Franchetti are not inexperienced riders, they are just not good enough for the PL, end of :mad:

In fairness Newman is no NL rider and is in fact a very good reserve at PL level but I see what your saying. That said I do feel your being slightly on the harsh side especially where Holder is concerned

Holder's scores so far this season...

Home v Rye - 5+2(4)

Home v Somerset - 4(4)

Home v Leicester - 5+2(4)

Home v Somerset - 2(4)

Away v Rye - 3(5)

Away v Somerset - 5(4)

Away v Ipswich - 0(4)

Whilst Gino has...

Home v Rye - 5+1(4)

Home v Somerset - 2+1(4)

Home v Leicester - 6(4)

Home v Somerset - 6+1(4)

Away v Rye - 1(4)

Away v Somerset - 2(3)

Away v Ipswich - 0(3)

Neither rider has pulled up trees but in Holder's case bar last week against Somerset he has done OK at the SBA bearing in mind the track is new to him and he's riding in the main body when he should be at reserve. His away form bar last night is respectable given that he is again riding in a position he shouldn't be at. Gino has managed just two more points than Jimmy at home (if we include bonus points) yet he has had easier riders at reserve and has been at Plymouth for pretty much a full year now. His away form is woeful and has been since he signed for us.

First question is are there better riders out there on the same averages who would do better? Branford for me isn't!

We have little to play with on top of the team already assembled, perhaps 0.2-0.3 so little room for movement on the team. We'd have 8ish available to replace both, or it's like for like and at this stage I don't see much better out there.

That aside I'd be hugely and I mean hugely shocked if Bowden binned Gino for all sorts of reasons, IF anyone goes sadly I think it will be Holder which would in my opinion by the wrong move.

How has Nickki Glanz done? i think he has done well and he will improve.He has scored really good points but often not doing well in heat 2 sorts that out will be fine.

After watching the meeting at the SBA tonight if anyone goes it has to be Franchetti, Holders not a great rider, but he is much better than Franchetti, by the end of the meeting tonight both Glasgow reserves were beating Franchetti, he is all over the place, and has no control on the track.

After watching the meeting at the SBA tonight if anyone goes it has to be Franchetti, Holders not a great rider, but he is much better than Franchetti, by the end of the meeting tonight both Glasgow reserves were beating Franchetti, he is all over the place, and has no control on the track.

Indeed, the feedback from the texter on the updates to me last night said similar. The two dilemma's are will Bowden get rid of him given the various connections he has down at the SBA and also who would replace him? Looking at the greensheets we probably have around 3.7 to replace him with, so who would be out there? Ksiezak may fit, Hughes probably would fit, Branford, recall Cockle (who shouldn't have been dropped in the first place), or take a punt on an NL rider. Webster, Starke, Blackbird?

Sadly I don't see many options that would be much of an improvement.

If there is a change you can bet it will be on the cheap, i would go for Starke or Webster, i don't think its the right way but it will be the cheap way.

Edited by Devildodger

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, and they are the riders he would be comparable to.

Rob Branford is still under 21, Buxton his home track wouldnt be unlike the SBA, he has gating ability, and is a trier unlike some, I suspect earlier in the season, he had problems with Bike set ups, which led to him being dropped by was it Redcar?.

Lewis Blackbird; 23 years old 2011 NL average 7.01

Paul Starke; 21 years old NL Av 5.89

Tim Webster; 25 years old NL Av 8.43

Rob Branford 18 years old NL Av 8.54

Study them and make your choice, and in all honesty who appears the most likely prospect.

To be totally honest, I cant really see why Gino is riding in the PL at the expense of a young brit, he is never going to get any better.

Edited by greyhoundp

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, who are the riders he would be comparable to.

Rob Branford is still under 21, Buxton his home track wouldnt be unlike the SBA, he has gating ability, and is a trier unlike some, I suspect earlier in the season, he had problems with Bike set ups, which led to him being dropped by was it Redcar?.

Indeed it was Redcar. He's not gone too badly at the SBA in the past and he did have a full season in the PL last term. Not sure he'd be that much better than Franchetti but then Gino's GS is only 3.07 this season anyway so worth a punt imo. Won't happen but I'd give it a go.

Myself i would like to see Peter Juul Larsen, he goes well at the SBA, and is better than a reserve there, not sure if he would fit, if not then Rob Branford would do for me.

Edited by Devildodger

Rob Branford, HAS to be the choice, Blackbird isnt ready yet, Starke seems to have gone back, Webster guested for The Heathens up at Stoke, and won only one race, on that form he wouldnt be my pick, and was well beaten by Birks, Worrall and Perry, and they are the riders he would be comparable to.

Lewis Blackbird; 23 years old 2011 NL average 7.01

Paul Starke; 21 years old NL Av 5.89

Tim Webster; 25 years old NL Av 8.43

Rob Branford 18 years old NL Av 8.54

Study them and make your choice, and in all honesty who appears the most likely prospect.

To be totally honest, I cant really see why Gino is riding in the PL at the expense of a young brit, he is never going to get any better.

I am not so sure. Branford's performances at NL level this season haven't been that impressive and he never looked like scoring points at Redcar.

I think Blackbird would be a much better choice.