British Speedway Forum

Oh dear!

Queue Elton:-

"It's sad, so sad

It's a sad, sad situation

And it's getting more and more absurd"

Edited by Boothers

Another toy has been thrown from the pram!!

http://www.thisisply...tail/story.html

While it may very well be true that Mr Bowden hasnt had his licence revoked,you`d think the BSPA would do well to look at the comments in this article and consider whether or not Mr Bowden really should be in control of a speedway club,to threaten to bulldoze a stadium seems a very petty way to respond to critisizm on a forum.

It may just be the best thing for all concerned that Bowden and Plymouth Speedway go their separate ways.

• Like 4

He may have changed his name by deed poll to "Mike Bowden-Mallett"

And do what, precisely?

Are they supposed to be some sort of private police force, monitoring he situation of a property owner going about their property?

And do what, precisely?

Are they supposed to be some sort of private police force, monitoring he situation of a property owner going about their property?

ah but there we have it as Bowden is not the property owner, the local college own the land and Bowden leases it and a clause in his lease states that he must return the land to its former appearance when he finishes with it so all in all he has to do it if he doeasnt want anyone to play his game any more

ah but there we have it as Bowden is not the property owner, the local college own the land and Bowden leases it and a clause in his lease states that he must return the land to its former appearance when he finishes with it so all in all he has to do it if he doeasnt want anyone to play his game any more

But he is not that stupid, if he was to put it back to it's former appearance it would cost him a lot of money, if someone comes in and offers him money for the club, and they can get the college to give them a lease, it would suit Mike Bowden down to the ground, he gets some money that way and don't have to pay anything out, he can't pay the riders, what makes anyone think he will want to pay anyone money to knock the place down, all the talk about him knocking the place down, is what it is, all talk.

Edited by Devildodger

This is just the sort of sad situation which arises when a body of people like the BSPA are all cosy and matey with each other behind closed doors. If they'd have appointed someone like John Berry (his own man if ever there was one) to oversee the running of British Speedway, people like Bowden, Phil Bartlett, Bill Barker, Allen Trump, Nigel Wagstaff and the Hortons wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the sport.

I suppose when it's all over, the usual speeches such as 'we've learnt from this' will be spouted by the management committee, when we all know full well that they won't have done. My deepest sympathies go out to all loyal Plymouth supporters.

Basically bowden has to return the land as it was when he obtained it... No matter how much we hate it, bowden can remove anything he put on the land and get rid of the lot... Similar to the malletts at newport they didnt own the land but could do what they wanted with their assets i.e tractors, bowsers, shale etc

The guy is a total clown but its his right to do what he wants with anything he added to the land after he obtained it, whether we like it or not. Its his right.

My father is so totally p......d off with all the nasty vile comments that are posted on the forums and so I am and the rest of my family if this was written about you how would you feel. All this hype In the paper by certain staff have jumped the gun by saying certain things. My father has consulted his solicitors and what has been said is slander. You all know he built the track and has put a lot of effort in down at the SBA. Why don't you just wait and see what happens! Like last Fridays paper quoted my father still has his license. So please keep your remarks to yourself.

Over a long period of time your father has misled the Speedway community and let's be honest he wasn't even entirely honest with you was he? The who said what or when is not really relevant it's full of emotion but the facts can't be denied, for whatever reason he's had a shocking year with his business but even worse he has traded with his riders, the BSPA and his customers through the media. What on earth do you expect?

Doesn't look like your dad's solicitors are much good if they've told him the comments are slanderous as that's only the case if he's been told them face-to-face - the moment any comments are quoted or broadcast in any papers, social media, radio or tv it becomes a matter of libel instead of slander because those comments can now be seen/heard by anyone not around any original face-to-face incident.

Alright, technically not the landowner. But if he went in & decided to take out all the temporary buildings, or do anything else to the infrastructure he's put in place.

What precisely is the BSPA supposed to do about it, assuming they were "watching .... very closely"?

As has been said before whatever Mike has put into the SBA like temporary buildings, Tractors, Track grading equipment, The fence, anything that is not of a permanent construction and even the track surface he can remove at any time providing that the landlords have not removed his permission to access the land or until all the above has been sold to the new consortium

My father is so totally p......d off with all the nasty vile comments that are posted on the forums and so I am and the rest of my family if this was written about you how would you feel. All this hype In the paper by certain staff have jumped the gun by saying certain things. My father has consulted his solicitors and what has been said is slander. You all know he built the track and has put a lot of effort in down at the SBA. Why don't you just wait and see what happens! Like last Fridays paper quoted my father still has his license. So please keep your remarks to yourself.

plymouth fans are totally p....d off with your dad and you actually maybe behaving the way you all do is acceptable to your lot i.e look how many times the police has become involved in various incidents involving one or more members of your family so i suggest if you dont like reading peoples opinions started behaving in respectful manner keep the grandson well away from the sba hes nothing but trouble which even you would find hard to defend some of his behaviour,respect has to be earnt!
  • Like 2